Creative-SoundBlaster Audigy4 7.1 pro

screw it dude, if you're getting a desktop PC, wait for their new Xfi card to come out... it won't be long, and it looks SICK! Incredibly powerful... go to www.soundblaster.com to take a look. Also a good review on it at www.tomshardware.com

screw it dude, if you're getting a desktop PC, wait for their new Xfi card to come out... it won't be long, and it looks SICK! Incredibly powerful... go to www.soundblaster.com to take a look. Also a good review on it at www.tomshardware.com

264926[/snapback]

Yeah it looks good alright :D very nice..!

How much do you think that will cost?couldnt find any sites with prices..!

Cheers :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

I hear Audigy is shyte. I just bought M-audio 2496. I woulnt waste money on soundblaster...

264937[/snapback]

You heard wrong m8. I'm running an Audigy 2 External Platinum and a friend of mine has ae firewire M-Audio card., It copes just about as well as a lot of expensive hardware does. It's a great card, don't slate it because of what somebody told you.

Not to say I don't like the M-Audio, but when you compare the price, it'd be silly unless you really need that extra little bit of power.

Dont get audigy,,, this is a card for videogames and dvd,, not for making music.

anyone , including me that has experience with semi.pro cards like this and profesional soundcard can tell you this,,,

it may look attractive because of all the "special features" , but in reallity this is NOT a professional soundcard... why spend on something u will replace soon after.

My best advice is to get something with the same price, but way much better,,, like the maudio audiophile or any delta series (which are as cheap as $100)... or an EMU pci which has DSP for better processing and hardware accelerated effects. (it is now owned by Creative which makes the audigy too so it cant be that hard to get)

believe me i had an audigy some time ago ( im sure they have improved but still)

and i regretted all the time , and wished i had gone for maudio audiophile...

now i use firewire but if i was buying i would go for an eMU those are incredible for its price

check it

http://www.audiomidi.com/common/cfm/product.cfm?pid=4810

it doesnt look as fancy ,, but who needs that anyway when u got DSP!!! B)

Hey Pixxan, go check this out :P

http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20050516/index.html

Its a full review on the Xfi which should be out soon.

And also like I said man... I have one of the better Audigy 2's and I find it fine for making music. It's a lot more powerful than you may think. I would rather an eMU card if that's all I was using my PC for, but for a package, I like what I've got more here.

• 2 weeks later...