3. I.D.E (135 BPM's)

4. Guns n Ammo (135 BPM's)

5. Lather (138 BPM's)

6. Flashback (136 BPM's)

7. Where are We? (136 BPM's)

8. Multiplier (133 BPM's)

9. Immersion (128 BPM's)

Bio-Blurb:

Tim Larner has been featured during the years in Tatsu Records, Zillion Mental Anarchie, Groove Zone, Flow records, the list goes on. Not too long ago, the Larner brothers started Zenon Records in Australia , to promote the wealth of promising acts coming out of the island. Showcasing an interesting side of ‘gutsy' progressive without loosing an inch of the musical aspects of the production. The output is radically different from anything in the shelves these days under the label ‘psychedelic' or ‘progressive', nevertheless staying true to the grassroots of the Sensient vibe.

Why you might like it:

The album is a complex collection of different rhythms and sounds intertwined in between every song breathing new life to the dance floors. Most of the beat work stays within the same boundaries Tim has displayed in the past, but some others are just straight out of an 80's techno-beat box. It would be kind of silly to even try, pointing out every influence this album has crafted, but let's give it a try: There is some progressive, there is a clear techno phase, we have jazzy moment's a-la Thelonious Monk, oh yeah… it is still really groovy, edgy psy trance somehow. Sensient has mastered the ‘rhythmic transposition' effortlessly leap-froging beats in perfect harmony with a winning formula.

check out the rest of the review at sonic-energy.net including the samples and the highlights :

• 1 month later...

The cover is ugly, but DAMN the music is good.

Seriously, this is one of my favorite album this years.

It's minimal, it got fat bassline and kick, and it got so much psychedelic sounds in the background that it make me hallucinate.

Very nice album, it's the kind of sounds I want to heard at rave partys.

Nice one.

9/10

:ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting music, it's been a long time i haven't heard this kind of style, technoish, minimal and dark, 7. Where are We? is amazing as well as tracks 1 and 2 and last track Immersion is great.

Far from being melodic psytrance, be warned.

Edit : last track Immersion is sensational!

Interesting music, it's been a long time i haven't heard this kind of style, technoish, minimal and dark, 7. Where are We? is amazing as well as tracks 1 and 2 and last track Immersion is great.

Far from being melodic psytrance, be warned.

Edit : last track Immersion is sensational!

295653[/snapback]

when has sensient released melodic trance in the past ? :huh:

when has sensient released melodic trance in the past ? :huh:

295681[/snapback]

i don't know, this the first time i listen to Sensient, but i was saying that for the people who never listened to Sensient, like me before this album ;)

i don't know, this the first time i listen to Sensient, but i was saying that for the people who never listened to Sensient, like me before this album ;)

295686[/snapback]

hmm... still kick ass though, huh? B)

first album contains some brilliant tracks

Pressure Optimal is a blend of random noises

IMO.

this is some ultra high quality stuff! just listen to the production alone... CRYSTAL CLEAR! i love the jazz samples, and the percussion overall is great. I don't like much minimal, but i fell in love with Sensient's stuff! Can't wait to see him perform live @ Rhakti Deï!

• 1 month later...

All these tracks are 10x as good played loud... so maybe it's just disproportionately unsuitable for home listening? Loud and live it sounds much deeper, with more going on. I'd revise my review to state that point.

322964[/snapback]

glad you came around man, i honestly a little insulted with that 4/10... but, it does take a few listens to get into the sound, cause in some respects it is something different. The quality of the production alone speaks for itself though

have had a couple of listens and i reckon theres a few goodies on there but some stuff that doesn't really appeal as well.. When its good its very very good and when its not ....well its not....*shrugs*...will defo play a few out though and everyones got there own tastes eh?? i love the dark techy 4:4 style of some of the tracks though. some make me fast forward though.

:)

Thanks for listening people. Its nice for me to read the feedback here, and i appreciate your review Basilisk even thought its not so positive it made for an interesting read. Although im not sure i like the term minimal noodling :P Im trying to work out where to take it next - maybe i need to make it more pumping (although i thought tracks like tropicana, rythmic transposition and IDE were pretty pumping?)...but i guess overall i can understand why people might say this when compared to my older stuff. Maybe i will start to make high tec neo full on... :D

• 2 weeks later...

This album is very good and it's a mistake to listen to it from the first' album point of view. Take it as it is.

It's clear and coherent , intelligent, danceble (it's always an important point in my book).

Now Sensient is one of my favourites.

Thanks for many happy moments.

:-)

Thanks for listening people. Its nice for me to read the feedback here, and i appreciate your review Basilisk even thought its not so positive it made for an interesting read. Although im not sure i like the term minimal noodling  :P  Im trying to work out where to take it next - maybe i need to make it more pumping (although i thought tracks like tropicana, rythmic transposition and IDE were pretty pumping?)...but i guess overall i can understand why people might say this when compared to my older stuff. Maybe i will start to make high tec neo full on... :D

323610[/snapback]

welcome :)

good stuff you released.... thanx a lot :)