Longest Psytrance song?

NT

Slinky Wizard - License to Slink is pretty damn long.. about 15 minutes, I think. I've got it on vinyl, and don't feel like using the stopwatch.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Make me!  <_<

Yeah alright, you are right... But for consistancy I'm gonna leave my original post as it is... And go stand in the corner feeling ashamed...  :huh:

DP

262814[/snapback]

Very good sir, you can turn around and join the rest of the class now ...You have showed your regrets and you are released from your punishment DeathPosture.

PT

The masters of weird psychedelic trance, Shaolin Wooden Men, have a 40.42 long track called A Binary Input To Flesh Antenna.

263016[/snapback]

I have to admit that I have never heard the music of Shaolin Wooden Men ... Very cool name btw. I guess I should check him/them out. To bad this track will be very hard to get .. A Binary Input To Flesh Antenna

this may already have been mentioned, but i couldnt be bothered to go and check to be quite honest.

Sphongle - and the day turned into night  i think its like 19 minutes something..

263067[/snapback]

Mentioned several times already... You can come join me in the corner feeling ashamed...

DP

this may already have been mentioned, but i couldnt be bothered to go and check to be quite honest.

Sphongle - and the day turned into night  i think its like 19 minutes something..

263067[/snapback]

Bother to check next time instead of wasting our time...

'

I have to admit that I have never heard the music of Shaolin Wooden Men ... Very cool name btw. I guess I should check him/them out. To bad this track will be very hard to get .. A Binary Input To Flesh Antenna

263025[/snapback]

Try the Remember the Slime track or the Supermindway album. Supermindway is the same style as A Binary Input to Flest Antenna. Supermindway is one of those groundbreaking albums. You haven't heard anything like it.

The Mystery Of The Yeti has very long tracks.

"A Binary Input To Flesh Antenna" isn't really trance... I know I submitted it as such to Discogs, but what I meant was that it can induce a state of trance (i.e. it's very hypnotizing) rather than it being in the genre trance. It's not even remotely danceable, that one. And the last time I checked it was still available from the label actually.

Shaolin Wooden Men - "Are You Ready To Go" is 13:29.

Organic Noise - "Spastic Elastic" is 13:07.

Talking Souls - "Karma 209" is 11:31, but there are many tracks at similar lengths.

Space Tribe - "Ultraviolet Catastrophe" is around 12 minutes, I'm at work so I can't check, and track times aren't on Discogs. It's compilation appearances are all slightly mixed, I think (like on Black Rhino).

Pleiadians has another long track that I think hasn't been mentioned before in this thread, "Deep Frequencies" which is 14:52. It's ambient though. Also, the original (vinyl) version of Zeta Reticuli is 13:13 or somesuch. It's also better than the Lazy Spiral Mix....

Slinky Wizard - "License To Slink" (mentioned earlier) is 12:10.

Legend has it that Simon Posford once made a 45-ish minutes long mix of one of his tracks (dunno which) that never got released. Apparantly Youth played it in a DJ set in goa once... lazy DJ, hehe

I think Moksha's "Calaidoscopick" has been mentioned, right? it's 18:20.

Transwave's first 12" from 1994 has long track lengths - 14:28, 13:22, 11:26.

This strange 12" has a 12 minute track as well, which is very hypnotic.

I'm sure I have many more but as I said I'm at work and can't browse the shelves...

BTW, notice how all these lengthy experimental excursions are almost all from the 90's? Noone dares to experiment like this anymore, which is a damned shame. OK so the talamasca track is recent, but still...

Guest .::E.P

BTW, notice how all these lengthy experimental excursions are almost all from the 90's? Noone dares to experiment like this anymore, which is a damned shame.

263169[/snapback]

hmmm I still do long tracks and always will.

btw. I got no clue how long my "journey" track is.. I lost the track a long time ago so I dont remember how long it is anymore.

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Havana-Discorder (Blue Amazon remix) 11"50

Peter Lazonby - Sacred Cycles 11"11

Earth Nation - Green Sky is Red 12"24 the time is probably inexact due to the fact i own it through a mixed compilation same thing for next track

The Deviant - Mururoa My Love 13"08

didnt oricalkum have a realy long track on their live album?

i think i was over 20 minutes (i lost the cd a long time ago)

263391[/snapback]

Hey Mr. Kasol! What's up - give us some album details while you're here... We're all anxious! :)

Yeah, Orichalcum has the track Elevation on the live album.... As listed here....

:ph34r:

DP

Last song includes a "hidden" chill so Goldfish isn't that long... maybe around 8 minutes :)

262813[/snapback]

Tjena !

Thanks X-scream :-)

You took the words right out of my mind.

We tried to see if we could hide the length of the track in any way to make it a 'true' hidden track but it wasn't possible. For some reason that hidden fish :-) is one of my favorites on the album nowadays !

Kenneth Abildgaard

Tjena !

Thanks X-scream :-)

You took the words right out of my mind.

We tried to see if we could hide the length of the track in any way to make it a 'true' hidden track but it wasn't possible. For some reason that hidden fish :-) is one of my favorites on the album nowadays !

Kenneth Abildgaard

263843[/snapback]

Ah, a reply from the man himself :)

Nice to see that you're still around..

Over the years I have purchased several thousand LPs and CDs.

Here are of some of the longest songs (by genre) in my collection. I may have longer ones, but these are the ones I remember.

(Trance) Planet Ben: Trippy Future Garden: 21:57

(Electronic Music) Pan Sonic: Sateily/Radiation: 61:16

(Rock) Carlos Santana + Buddy Miles: Freeform Funkafide Filth: 24:58

(Classic) Mahler: Symphony 2, 5th movement (Solti, Chicago SO): 34:01

Pedro

Here are of some of the longest songs (by genre) in my collection. I may have longer ones, but these are the ones I remember.

(Electronic Music) Pan Sonic: Sateily/Radiation: 61:16

266508[/snapback]

Steve Roach - "Darkest Before Dawn": 74:00

This track is even designed to be played in an infinite loop.