VST Sidechain Compressor

Hello all! Im new here and this is my first post! :)

Do any of you know a VST Sidechain Compressor? Not a filter sidechain (like the de-esser), but a sidechain from other channel. I use this feature on Logic Audio internal compressor, but im moving to cubase in a few weeks...

Thanks a lot for your help!

hi bong audio,

ive been lookin for this type of effect routing myself but unfortunatley it doesent seem to exist in vst. however there is a way around your problem. (sort of)

for exanple: say you want your compressor to be triggerd by the kik thus limiting the other signal while your kik is playing...

instead of a compressor use a midi gate that allows you to adjust the noise floor, set the floor so that the signal is atinuated to the desired level. then you can trigger the gate via midi to play the signal loud, and when its not triggerd the signal is atinuated. the drawback with this method is ofcourse that the signal can only be processed with two levels....also use the envelope, mabe a longer atack and decay to make this effect sound more realistic... :)

mabe this helps a bit?

Thanks for the Replys ProSect and Philter! I´ll try this TC SideChainer.

Philter, your solution was interesting, can you tell me which VST sidechain gater with noise floor you are using?

Thanks

hi bong audio,

a good midi gate is for instance the "advanced midi gate" by oli larkin, the best thing about it being that its freeware, it was also recomended to me on this board. your sidechain in this case would be a midi signal that triggers the gate, to be more exact, when a midi note is recieved by the gate the audiosignal is loud and when no midi signal is being recieved the signal is quieter. so to achive the pumping type of effect i discribed in the example means in practice that: when your kik plays dont send a midi note and in the spaces between send a midi note.

here the link:Advanced Midi Gate

@ prosect: how did you route the sidechain compressor in the vst mixer?