Budget Soundcard...?

hi everyone..! :P

Does anyone know of some Decent Soundcards for a Desktop, which are good for producing/recording, and are relatively ok in price.

My budget on the soundcard is £200 max <_<

Any ideas ppl..! :D

it all depends.. i really dont have a good soundcard.. but i know something. you need to know what you want, if you need mic inputs, how many line inputs, how many outputs. Echo gina 3d is a good option, is not expensive and i heard very good reviews. the all m-audio series are very cheap too, but i dont know of the quality, i think that this brand does thing unprofressional, like desbalanced inputs or uotputs. the presonus firepod and firebox are not expensive and they seem good in theory just like the edirol fa66. but i think if you want something really good you have to go for an RME device or justa MOTU,. good luck on everything. :)

yeah - the m-audio audiophile series are just fine ........ cheap too .......

no fancy features but good d/a convertors ......

all depends on your set up really. Do you use outboard hardware or are you software based ?

yeah - the m-audio audiophile series are just fine ........ cheap too .......

no fancy features but good d/a convertors ......

all depends on your set up really. Do you use outboard hardware or are you software based ?

262462[/snapback]

Im going to be startin with Reason2.5 and Cubase SX3, will be buying a M-Audio midi keyboard soon, not goin all the way just yet. :D

So thats my basic set up, with monitor earphones, could you guys tell me now which sound card, i heard my somebody that the Creative Soundblaster Audigy4 Pro + external kit would be nice, has loads of features, also read some reviews, but im thinkin this sound card might be better for games, DVD, Mp3 rather than actually recording of audio - is this true??? :huh:

ok - get yourself down to turnkeys or soho soundhouse and buy your self an M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 card ....

Stero pair in / Stereo pair out + spdif in/out + 1 midi in out ........

Thats it - but it is cheap at about £60 ....... voted best sound card by computer music ...... and dirt cheap :)

hi everyone..! :P

Does anyone know of some Decent Soundcards for a Desktop, which are good for producing/recording, and are relatively ok in price.

My budget on the soundcard is £200 max <_<

Any ideas ppl..! :D

261996[/snapback]

Be sure to get one with a low latency!

Im going to be startin with Reason2.5 and Cubase SX3, will be buying a M-Audio midi keyboard soon, not goin all the way just yet. :D

So thats my basic set up, with monitor earphones, could you guys tell me now which sound card, i heard my somebody that the Creative Soundblaster Audigy4 Pro + external kit would be nice, has loads of features, also read some reviews, but im thinkin this sound card might be better for games, DVD, Mp3 rather than actually recording of audio - is this true??? :huh:

262513[/snapback]

Could someone tell me a little more about this sound card, whether its worth getting??? Are the Features of this sound card good for production&recording..?

If someone could shed some light, SWEET! B)

Hiya, I just bought the m-audio audiophile 192, one step up from the 2496, and it does the job beautifully for me, great for all my software, and supports my hardware synth as well (in case you ever want one, an input and output is good to have...) so i say go for the 2496 if you want a stable little card w/o too many extras. If you plan to go for hardware sometime, the 192 might be a better decision... :D Good luck with it!

Could someone tell me a little more about this sound card, whether its worth getting??? Are the Features of this sound card good for production&recording..?

If someone could shed some light, SWEET! B)

263166[/snapback]

I dont think the Audigy is a good card for music production - it is more like a glorified soundblaster card for games / windows .....

You asked what soundcard everyone best thought suited your needs ...... I suggest you look into buying a M-Audio 2496 ...... I have one in my pc and it does the job I want it to just fine ....... I have spent £100's of pounds on soundcards in the past and wish that i could have found a card like this one for home use years ago .....

I dont think the Audigy is a good card for music production - it is more like a glorified soundblaster card for games / windows .....

You asked what soundcard everyone best thought suited your needs ...... I suggest you look into buying a M-Audio 2496 ...... I have one in my pc and it does the job I want it to just fine ....... I have spent £100's of pounds on soundcards in the past and wish that i could have found a card like this one for home use years ago .....

265931[/snapback]

Cool thats sounds alot better, cause the it guys i work with said that the M-audio 2496 is a old card, brought out in 2001 or something, and they suggested i look for a newer card..!

BUT can you buy the 2496 new in shops still :huh:

hey psychocell ...... yeah - the card is a few years old but the drivers were last updated a few weeks ago .......

It uses the same technology that alot of the m-audio cards use - even the expensive ones !! It is just a cut down version with fewer inputs & outputs. Considering this it is ideal for a home pc - the 'out' on the soundcard plugs straight into your dj mixer / amp .........

The issues are really as follows .....

Does it do the job ----- Yes.

What is the sound quality like - Good.

Does it have up to date ASIO drivers ? Yes.

Man - if it makes you feel any better I just spent £1300 on a new audio pc. I went and bought a Audiophile 2496 for it for £60 ..... it does what I want it to ..... ie. lets me monitor the music I am making and has a stereo pair in for recording synths if I choose to ...... it really is a great solution for a home computer .....

I mean a professional quality card for £60 ? Can't go wrong mate .....

IMO the soundblaster audigy was designed for playing games with ..... the Audiophile was designed for making music with. I hope this helps :)

hey psychocell ...... yeah - the card is a few years old but the drivers were last updated a few weeks ago .......

It uses the same technology that alot of the m-audio cards use - even the expensive ones !! It is just a cut down version with fewer inputs & outputs. Considering this it is ideal for a home pc - the 'out' on the soundcard plugs straight into your dj mixer / amp .........

The issues are really as follows .....

Does it do the job ----- Yes.

What is the sound quality like - Good.

Does it have up to date ASIO drivers ? Yes.

Man - if it makes you feel any better I just spent £1300 on a new audio pc. I went and bought a Audiophile 2496 for it for £60 ..... it does what I want it to ..... ie. lets me monitor the music I am making and has a stereo pair in for recording synths if I choose to ...... it really is a great solution for a home computer .....

I mean a professional quality card for £60 ? Can't go wrong mate .....

IMO the soundblaster audigy was designed for playing games with ..... the Audiophile was designed for making music with. I hope this helps :)

266005[/snapback]

:) Thanks again dude..! I think you've made me see the light :rolleyes:

I've Finally got everything together now for Friday(pay day)....!

Here's the final set-up..!

CPU AMD® ATHLON® 64BIT 3500 (Winchester) 512kb L2 Cache (939 pin)

Memory 1024 MB DDR400 PC3200 WITH LIFETIME WARRANTY!

Motherboard ASUS® K8V SE DELUXE (754 pin) / ASUS® A8V DELUXE (939 pin)

USB Options SIX USB 2.0 PORTS (4 REAR + 2 FRONT)

Hard Drive 1 SATA 250 GB HARD DISK @ 7200rpm 16mb cache

Hard Drive 2 NONE

Raid NONE

CD Writer/Combi Drive 52 X 32 X 52 CD WRITER + 16X DVD ROM (COMBI DRIVE)

Dvd Writer NONE

Graphics 128MB GEFORCE FX5200 8X AGP + TV-OUT

(SLI) Graphics 2 NONE

Sound HIGH END ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL SOUND (RECOMMENDED), M-Audio 2496(£60ish)(Separate)

Modem NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND

Network Facilities 10/100/1000 NETWORK CARD FOR BROADBAND

Floppy Disk Drive 1.44MB FLOPPY DISK DRIVE

Memory Card Reader NONE

Case Stylish Silver/Black Ventilator case + 2 Front USB

Power Supply & Cooling Silent 400W PSU + 120mm Fan + 19.2 dBA CPU Cooler! Super Quiet! £30

OS Required MICROSOFT® WINDOWS® XP HOME (inc. original CD & licence) (£56)

Firewire 1 x FIREWIRE PORT ONBOARD

Monitor HIGH END TFT: 17 INCH SILVER/BLACK: 16MS (1280 X 1024) (£162)

Keyboard Logitech® Cordless Rechargeable Optical Keybrd + Mouse Silver/Black £36

Speakers NONE

Printer NONE

Anti Virus NONE

Office NONE

TV Card NONE

Warranty 1 Year Return-to-Base Warranty + 1 Month Free Collect & Return

Price (excluding VAT) £751.49

Price £883.00

After ive bought it through my workplace(Government Benefit+Cost Price)

-------------£530.00 :o

:lol: So what you think, i think thats f*#@ing cheap for everything that is included :D

whoa !! looking good there for £530 - a wise move taking up the offer I think .....

SATA Drives are the way to go for Audio as well ........ very fast !!

I honestly think think you are making the right choice here .... good luck with the "install" weekend coming up !!!

:) James.