Top 3 Live Performances/Acts !

Psychocell

Hi all, havnt seen any discussion about this yet. <_<

SOOO, who do you think has the best live performance out of the lot, lets put together a Top3, in their presentation as a artist. I mean you get some really good artists/musicians out there, much respect. :D

But who is the best when its comes to playin live, in both appearance and live production skills...! :blink::blink::blink:

It was about time such thread to appear.....!!

I've seen most of bands and artists live at least once (lots of them more), so i think i can have a clear pic of their appearance on the stage etc....!!

Concidering only their appearance and not their music, the bands that impressed me more on stage are:

Juno Reactor --They gathered on stage more than 10 people (native Australian musicians) playing Dijeridoos (sp?) and lots of drums...!! Apart from the music that was great, it was also a great show to watch and i consider myself lucky to be there....!!

Sun Project--It was middle of the summer.....45 degrees....and Sun Project appeared on stage with Alien costums and masks...!! That was funny and people went crazy when they saw them...!! One of the lives i'll never foget....!!

Analog Pussy--Just one thing.....Jiga on a tiny mini skirt, playing the guitar...!! Their whole outfit was colourfull and they used to wear those funny sunglasses...!! They went crazy on stage and people really enjoyed this one as well....!!

Logic Bomb--Athough their not famous for their fancy appearance on stage, that live was really mad...!! It was one of their early lives here in Greece...in '97 if i'm not wrong...(sorry weak memory...), and the guys went crazy behind their keybords....!! Atmosphere was great, music as well, and i consider this to be one of the best lives i've ever seen....!!

GMS--Also one of their early lives....!! They didn't even have the GMS name yet...!! What was written on the flyer was..."The Goa kids from Holland....Riktam&Bansi"..!! Didn't really know what to expect from their live...but those kids left us speachless!! Great appearance and great music....!! I have the best memories from that night....!!

I have to leave out of this sort list artists like Raja Ram, Total Eclipse, Wizzy Noise, Astral...and lots of others that used to make very good and very "alive" lives...but the above are the ones i still remember and i was really impressed....!!

EDIT....I didn't noticed it you asked for a top3....!! Well..take a top5 from me....!!

B)

Guest .::E.P

Do we talk about playing real live or just pushing some buttons?

I'd say Eat Static and Juno Reactor any day if we're talking about almost real live.

Do we talk about playing real live or just pushing some buttons?

I'd say Eat Static and Juno Reactor any day if we're talking about almost real live.

262069[/snapback]

We're talking about the appearance on stage.....!!

At least that was what i was talking about....!!

Talamasca !

He is by far the most fun DJ and most with the audience. He knows how to lift the crowd and play with their brains, plus his mixing skills are fenomenal. I like his optimisim in playing his music and non stop demented dancing which exactly describes his real mood.

Astral Projection

Before, not anymore...No matter what people say about them now, their parties in 97, 98 and 99 were stunning. Avi really lifts the crowd up with crazy jumping and lifting and they were mixing their tracks with perfection of course. Their new live acts lacks that energy from before but I had to mention them cause they were throwing great parties before.

Joti Sidhu

Joti made some new, funky stuff and his live act changed, but his DJ set always rocked ! I listened to this guy like 5-6 times and he was always PERFECT...He is also playing very much with your brain and wakes up the animal and primal instincts inside you. He is the ultimate smasher...

Besides the appearence on stage, the best psytrance live act i've ever seen in my life it's Hilight Tribe by far. Absolutely incredible how they create such a digital feeling with analog instruments (at least, most of them). Great musicians with their own concept.

Sorry but two guys with sequenced keyboards, twisting knobs and jumping all the time are not live music, and this is the 90% of the psytrance live acts i've seen.

Guest The Journey Man Project

I'd say as far as electronic music goes mine would be:

Nine Inch Nails live... nuttiest trip of my life!! :blink:

Aphex Twin, he sure knows how to pump up and play a great story...

Fear Factory live... their early works were so full of original sampling and industiral works (feat. Rhys Fulber of Front Line Assembly)

don;t reeally like Psytrance live, it's a lod of shit, any body can prerecord onto a lap top and twiddle some kobs, give me a dj any day!

I've seen IM few times after they formed this band.....!! In 1999 it was the first time i saw them as Infected but i've seen them couple of times before as Shiva Shidapu...well Duvdev at least, not Erez....!! Too bad i have no photos taken from those lives....!!

I'm doomed to have all those pix in my mind and try to explain the atmosphere with words.....which is not the easiest thing.....!!

Both IM and Shiva Shid. used to be very nice in the lives i've seen....!! Last live of IM that i went, didn't really impressed me thou....and i decided not to go to their lives again....!!

Enough with IM...lets see some other band that we haven't seen before...!!!

:)

Bigwigs ( they all played in Sombrero's ! )

thes rest well... they just bopped around, nodded to the crowd and punched the air like everyone else.

on the other side:

Placebo - power

Skunk Anansie - MTV live act of 2001 for good reason!

U2 ( Popmart ) - Wow...look at the screen!

Massive Attack - No couloured lights, no fireworks - just pure style and sheer presence

Faithless - Unbelievable live act. Completely LIVE! Real drummer - nothing sequenced/playback. Not huge on their albums, but seen them 3 times just for the show. Cracker!

Worst:

Counting crows ( it's my own fault )

Prodigy

Jamiroquai ( too much of the same thing, nice hat though )

1. Place: go to KOXBOX, incredible to see them live, the energy is MASSIVE!

2. Place: Juno reactor, the live sets they played after they released bible of dreams were incredible

But it is a close race between them.

However KOXBOX didnt play THE best live set I ever heard(thats something else), this is based on the number of apperances I've been too, and they NEVER dissapoint IMO

Peace

• 8 months later...

Uuuh, it's very hard to name just three, but I'll try:

ETNOSCOPE

SUN PROJECT

KOXBOX / SAIKO POD ... to this one I must add that Frank was alone and he had to take one of our local DJs (Acan) as a partner to deliver us still some live passages and they did it remarkably well ... it was not fully Koxbox live, I know, but Frank still performed a 5 hour set, with live elements in it where he was supported by Acan. And this unusual and actually unplanned performance was so awesome that it absolutely deserves a mention, I have much respect for artists that still can perform an awesome set (and totally awesome it was!) with as many live elements as possible when their partner is ill. Logic Bomb had the same situation recently and it was a disaster (it was just a DJ set with one synth layer once mixed in live ... really, that's not what I expected, I was very disappointed, Logic Bomb should normally have good performances, they even have a mention further above in this thread)...

These were the best. I mean, it's hard to say actually. There were a lot of other really good lives I witnessed: S-Range, Rastaliens, Son Kite, Quantum State, MOS, Infected Mushroom,... and many more...

These are absolutely the three best live acts i've been to:

HALLUCINOGEN

X-DREAM

INFECTED MUSHROOM

263940[/snapback]

I have to say that I saw Posford live and well...this is pretty embarrassing but:

Ok so I am in NYC to see Hallucinogen and I have the ticket and everything.

I get there so early that they are still setting stuff up. I was alone and didn't

know anyone and too shy to dance so I was there for the performance.

So I am waiting and waiting, buying water for 5 dollars and so forth, and

waiting and waiting. Everything sounds the same. So I'm thinking: I wonder

when Hallucinogen is gonna do his set?

So the music ends and some of the lights come on and there is a general

kerfuffle. I'm thinking: Is this some sort of unconventional preamble to

Simon's performance. No. Everyone is going home. People are packing up.

So I approach someone and ask him "Do you know when Simon P. is

gonna go on?"

The guy says to me: I AM SIMON P.

So (I am blushing even just typing this) basically I couldn't distinguish his

performance from the rest. I knew what he looked like sort of. I saw pics

of him on the Twisted site with long hair. But he had a haircut!!

\\n

• 6 months later...