GAPPEQ

Basilisk

Agreed - Gappeq does make some very interesting stuff... It's not a group though, it's one guy: Jirka from the Czech Republic... The debut album is scheduled for sometime late 2005 on Ketuh Records... Should be something to look forward to! :)

DP

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

This group is mega-fucking-awesome. Why must they release singles on dodgy compilations?

260979[/snapback]

if we extend this discuss, my question would be:

why talented newcomers always encountered difficulties & quite long time to get their debut album released (Gappeq, what about Weirdo Beardo debut album) & other ones get published earlier or even got several albums released like Cosmic Tone,Sirius Isness , Alien Project & CPU (you aren't forced to agree with my examples ;) ) when some just have one album in their discography & would deserve more ?

dodgy?? =>ketuh = quality. Together with last possible solution the only full-on label that is still interessting.

261126[/snapback]

I pummel you with sarcastic pants. Ketuh hasn't released anything worth owning yet, in my harsh view. Farting parrots indeed! :ph34r:

One Soul is dope...

yep... gappeq sound is excellent....

he is living in australia now for couple of months studying sound ... in sydney I think. If someone is from this part of world, try to contact him. And if you take him to some party around, he'll be happy I think... :)

What, Spun and Tip world aren't dodgy? Crack from what universe have you been smoking?

A whole Gappeq album huh... now maybe there's a Ketuh release I'd buy!

:lol:

261049[/snapback]

New Skazi album on Chemical Crew. Now that's a CD worth waiting for.

Including the unrlsd blasters: Out Of Space, Out Of Coke, Out Of Ideas and Out Of Ideas (Brutal Remix)

There's an older Gappeq/Transdriver split compilation. It was released in the Czech republic, 2002 I think. A few real nice tracks on there, but his new stuff is def. more well-rounded.

dodgy?? =>ketuh = quality. Together with last possible solution the only full-on label that is still interessting.

261126[/snapback]

Totally agree with you on this! Ketuh releases are some of the best full on stuff thats coming out these days....always unique and interesting tracks on their comps and always featuring new and upcoming artists...killer underground label.

I pummel you with sarcastic pants. Ketuh hasn't released anything worth owning yet, in my harsh view. Farting parrots indeed!  :ph34r:

One Soul is dope...

261658[/snapback]

Basilisk you disappoint me!!! cause I know you have good taste in progressive psy! ...wondering which full on labels you consider not dodgy...

There's an older Gappeq/Transdriver split compilation. It was released in the Czech republic, 2002 I think. A few real nice tracks on there, but his new stuff is def. more well-rounded.

262341[/snapback]

VA-Bioplex (Perplex & Statistikka) was the name of that comp...This is where I first heard Gappeq's tracks...good stuff, but he's definately developped as an artist since then...the new stuff is much better. The Transdriver tracks on this are some of my favorites :)

Totally agree with you on this! Ketuh releases are some of the best full on stuff thats coming out these days....always unique and interesting tracks on their comps and always featuring new and upcoming artists...killer underground label.

262404[/snapback]

I think Ketuh is stretching itself too thin by releasing so many new compilations.. The quality is decent, mostly pretty solid banging tracks, but I wouldn't call them mindblowing by any means. Their first couple of compilations were great, though.

just my opinion..

I think Ketuh is stretching itself too thin by releasing so many new compilations.. The quality is decent, mostly pretty solid banging tracks, but I wouldn't call them mindblowing by any means. Their first couple of compilations were great, though. 

just my opinion..

263007[/snapback]

Agreed, quantity over quality seems to be the ruling concept these days.

someone should rename this topic to "what do you think about ketuh records" :)

I still have a few copies of that Bioplex compilation with early gappeq and transdriver trax in a box under my bed. If anyone is interested in a copy, PM me...

his new trax are definitely better, but it can be a nice item for someone's cd collection

cover

Posted Image