reason 3 question

ive got a few things loaded into it but i found out that inorder to make it make any sound i have to have a matrix seq. for each thing i want. but i found out those play throughout the track and i cant pick where it start/stops. the same goes for the redrum, and everything. i cant select where i want things to start/stop (like the Playlist in FL). can anyone help? i looked in tutorials (which were scarse :( ) and found nothing.

thats what sequencer window is for... and you don't need matrix to play everything, like you found out is mostly the samplers and the synthesizers. I'm not sure what else i don't have reason with me at this point in time... :(

yeah, the sequencer window is your new best friend!

You can write your midi data straight into the instrument tracks

or

If you like using the matrix, you can make a sequencer track for your matrix and write in the pattern changes or record them on the fly.

good luck

RAH: i think i have that. is it a flash-looking type program? with videos that show you things. if i recall correct it showed you redrum, subtractor, and all that. i got that :) thanks though

i saw stuff about the sequencer on some sites but couldnt find it on reason. unless your refering to the thing at the bottom of Reason, i found that :P

good news i found the sequencer, but now the bad news is when i programmed a simple kickdrum on the redrum and drew that from 5-10, it started playing at the beginning of the song, not at 5 :angry: this is the problem im talking about, argh.