entheogenic

ritual om

Dudes, I'm the biggest Entheogenic fan. Just check it out.  :rolleyes:

271569[/snapback]

I am getting there :P

Their second album knocked me out flat. It is a major piece of work only listened to it for a couple of times, still trying to grasp it. ( only got it couple of days ago)

Hope their third one will be as good :P

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their second album knocked me out flat. It is a major piece of work only listened to it for a couple of times, still trying to grasp it. ( only got it couple of days ago)

272120[/snapback]

we will know in a couple of weeks :P

• 2 weeks later...

272120[/snapback]

Any news on the release date?

First review from Damion from psyreviews

Entheogenic

Dialogue Of The Speakers

Chillcode (Germany)

Wow. In a word.

I’d not heard of this being on the way, but just before their new album, Entheogenic have decided to hit us with something a bit special. On offer is what I guess you’d call an EP’s worth of new tunes, together with remixes of both new and old offerings.

New track Aranyanyara kicks it all off, and it’s immediately one of their most accomplished tunes yet. Effortlessly fluid, with incredibly sweet lines and smooth bass.

Their sound has matured and been held back from the previous albums, sounding

light years ahead of even Spontaneous Illumination.

A key selling point on this, and a real reason to check it out, is the presence of Ott, who

Remixes two tunes here: Timeless ESP and Ground Luminosity. Timeless ESP sounds

The more like one of his own tunes, with deep and breathy bass, and an addictive slomo-dancey groove that suggests that the lad ain’t lost it with regard to his upcoming album. Ground Luminosity on the other hand, is nothing short of a masterpiece. Retaining the wide-eyed glean of the original, it’s been evolved like nothing else by Ott: spacier than anything on Blumenkraft, it’s an utter stormer. I’m lost for words (for once).

Vibrasphere pops up to rework Pagan Dream Machine, a wonderful and floaty journey through a vast array of gorgeous soft sounds. Very nice indeed, notable from the way

That acoustic instruments slide in and out alongside electronic elements. More evidence, not that it were needed, that Vibrasphere’s downtempo output is more than strong enough for an entire album.

Youth’s remix of Without Thought has an amazing, unfolding quality to it. Staggering, with pokes of reggae singing over the top of a seemingly sentient bassline, that just moves and ambles along in an eerily awake way. At times it sounds more like

Smith & Mighty, which is a good thing – proper fat dub, to rattle the blacked-out windows of your BMW.

The original (un-remixed) version of Timeless ESP is vintage fluid Entheogenic, with particularly nice acidy lines and curdling, squishy bass, while -Without Thought- is sheer class… think a slowed-down squarepusher, with that sort of spontaneous free jazz vibe

going on, while crystalline trance lines run up and down and around the outside. Really nice – this is likely to get caned at daytime sets in chillouts at the festivals this summer, and is as close to the mythical “psy-breaks” as anything else I’ve heard this year.

Also worthy of insane amounts of play is Abakus’ remix of Aranyanyara, which is one of the bravest and most original remixes I think I’ve ever heard. He takes the original, and still keeps some of its groove and vibe, despite layering it over an incredibly sweet and well-produced 125BPM 4/4 summertime housey pattern that’s deliciously akin to Billie Jean. The breakdown is pure downtempo psy, and when it crunches back into the 4-4, it’s all about the way the two styles shouldn’t-work-but-do that makes it so damn appealing.

Finally Shulman takes on Spaced, going very far-out with a sort of jean-michelle-jarre-meets-roni-size vibe going on – which is as delightful and as perplexing as that description suggests.

All in all this is utter, utter class – I don’t recall such a varied and accomplished collection as this, and the combination of the diverse and eclectic remixes plus the

decent new tunes make this one hell of a chillout album, the best released since Tripswitch’s Circuit Breaker.

that the use of samples in "around the World in a tea daze" are shameful

271631[/snapback]

The last time you said that I was very close to saying something...

And this time I will.

I thought your sampling from 'Sounds of Istanbul sample cd' was shameful. Simon put it together very smoothly.

The last time you said that I was very close to saying something...

And this time I will.

I thought your sampling from 'Sounds of Istanbul sample cd' was shameful. Simon put it together very smoothly.

285456[/snapback]

Hehe, the neverending subject: Shpongle perfection or not? :)

The exact name of the cd is "Voices of Istanbul". You certainly don't have it, that's why probably you think Simon put those samples smoothly... :)

By all means, it's the last time I answer to Shpongle fan offensed by my critics concerning their idol (I begin to feel a little bit tired to repeat everytime the same obvious things).

Nevertheless, I respect your point of view concerning lost Eden.

Hehe, the neverending subject: Shpongle perfection or not?  :)

The exact name of the cd is "Voices of Istanbul". You certainly don't have it, that's why probably you think Simon put those samples smoothly... :)

By all means, it's the last time I answer to Shpongle fan offensed by my critics concerning their idol (I begin to feel a little bit tired to repeat everytime the  same obvious things).

Nevertheless, I respect your point of view concerning lost Eden.

287986[/snapback]

I knew the name was wrong in some way. I certainly do not have the cd - but I've known those lyrics from way back - it's been sang by multiple Turkish singers. So I can envision what the sample would sound like :rolleyes:

"Nevertheless, I respect your point of view concerning lost Eden."

thanks ;)

Personally I prefer Entheogenic to Sphongle, but imho we can´t compared them.

There's also very nice albuns to enjoy from labels like:

- interchill

- ultimae

- alephzero

Just relax and trip... :rolleyes:

Guest The Journey Man Project

Yeah much prefer Entheogenic than Shpongle... Entheogenic have so much more melody, focussing more on music than on just being trippy and weird... have only managed to sit through the whole new Shpongle once, but cannot wait toget this one :)

I'm not a big fan of Entheogenic. But the remixes on Dialogue of the speakers are very good. Ott's remix of Ground Luminosity is amazing. You don't even have to know the original tracks to like that album. Because I don't know them :)