entheogenic

ritual om

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this Shpongle vs Entheogenic talk thou..

Not that I don't like Entheogenic, I really do..

but this is just so insignificant compared to the new Shpongle album :D

267294[/snapback]

I listen to a couple of the new samples, mh.... dont know...

On the other hand the second Entheogenic wow. ( sorry I only got it today so)

On a sidenote, HOW COULD YOU PEOPLE NOT LIKE SECOND SHPONGLE ALBUM? It was a funking masterpiece! One of the few releases that really have "soul".

260385[/snapback]

I pretty much think it sucks.. sorry... well ok not all the tracks sucks, but there are some ´vibes´ in some parts that just ruin it totally for me... not a masterpiece imo..

but yeah, doesnt matter its all taste anyway..

entheogenic is also not so amazing imo.. pretty good (I only listened to the second album), but nothing that makes me get goosebumps..

Guest The Journey Man Project

Don''t get me wrong, I have great respect for Shpongle, but I really do find that compared tothe so called copies (Shulman and Entheogenic), that Shpongle soooooo doesn't past the test of time... both the first and second album sound really muddy and old and well *tacky* where as Shulman and Entheogeninc always stay fresh :) And Ott, well don;t get me started, I think he has released maybe one song I have used in a set, the rest are just really lame... he should seriously stick to remixing...

Hey now, don't bring Shulman and Ott into this. They sound nothing like Shpongle or Entheogenic. Well, maybe a little bit similar, but we're discussing Entheogenic.

I think I've pretty much nailed down what Entheogenic lacks for me: they need better basslines and beats. Many of their tracks sound like they took a late-90's goa beat and slowed it down to to ambient trance speeds. I don't think it's just my stereo, because any of the other artists mentioned in this thread create incredibly intricate sub-basslines that totally knock my socks off. With Enthegenic, sure they have nice melodies, but I can barely hear the kick drum. Hopefully the remixes will fix this. =)

Don''t get me wrong, I have great respect for Shpongle, but I really do find that compared tothe so called copies (Shulman and Entheogenic), that Shpongle soooooo doesn't past the test of time... both the first and second album sound really muddy and old and well *tacky* where as Shulman and Entheogeninc always stay fresh :)  And Ott, well don;t get me started, I think he has released maybe one song I have used in a set, the rest are just really lame... he should seriously stick to remixing...

267467[/snapback]

Shulman. Stays fresh. Better than the first Shpongle.

OK, I'm now checking the post for J/K. :unsure:

Don''t get me wrong, I have great respect for Shpongle, but I really do find that compared tothe so called copies (Shulman and Entheogenic), that Shpongle soooooo doesn't past the test of time... both the first and second album sound really muddy and old and well *tacky* where as Shulman and Entheogeninc always stay fresh :) 

267467[/snapback]

I agree the sound production on the Entheogenic albums seems to me of better quality. And they defintely have nicer melodies.

All this Shpongle vs Entheogenic talk thou..

Not that I don't like Entheogenic, I really do..

but this is just so insignificant compared to the new Shpongle album :D

267294[/snapback]

you should know that its apperently travellers job to "push" the shpongle album and down the enthogenic album in all forums. maybe he get payed for this or something.

apperently its necessary to push the shpongle album this way, if it would be a convincing release they´d not be in need off to write in this style.

but ... i guess they have a reason for it, and the reason is called ENTHEOGENIC B)

the 3rd one will gonna be a awesome album, it never exist a similar album like this before. not in that combination of such a massive act like ENTHEOGENIC, with new tracks and surely outstanding remixes from only the best artists you can imagine!

apperently its necessary to push the shpongle album this way, if it would be a convincing release they´d not be in need off to write in this style.

271250[/snapback]

You think what Traveller writes is some kind of advertising campaign by Twisted? :rolleyes:

Dudes, I'm the biggest Entheogenic fan. Just check it out.  :rolleyes:

271569[/snapback]

Mhh.. I am going to beat you :lol:

Btw. the second Entheogenic album Spontaneous Illumination doesn't show on audioscrobbler. It has additional mp3 versions of all tracks and they have no artist names, and my winamp always chooses the mp3 version <_<

Dudes, I'm the biggest Entheogenic fan. Just check it out.  :rolleyes:

271569[/snapback]

I know the first album of Entheogenic, and didn't like it at all. But hey, Mattman, it's just a matter of taste, all my and our respect goes to all musicians who deserve it (and they are numerous, fortunatly :D ), and Entheogenic make part of them.

I don't know Asura, first Shpongle bashing and now Entheogenic. I find that kind of lame coming from an artist, looks like some kind of inferiority complex.

271629[/snapback]

I didn't bash anybody Psyhead, I just said that I don't like the first album of Entheogenic and said that the use of samples in "around the World in a tea daze" are shameful (though I love Shpongle, someof my posts prove it). Being an artist doesn't prevent me to have tastes or opinion and to express them. So please keep your hasty prejudice where you stand in the future, my friend...

the use of samples in "around the World in a tea daze" are shameful

271631[/snapback]

Ah hah hah. But no, I'm not getting into this argument again. So I'll just leave...

Shpongle owns you in using those samples! ;)

Ah hah hah. But no, I'm not getting into this argument again. So I'll just leave...

Shpongle owns you in using those samples!  ;)

271694[/snapback]

Ah my friend Cinos. I missed you! :D

You know, in fact, I am a fan of Shpongle (not as addict as you,indeed) but, well, this track, my God... :angry: Sorry I can't stand such a bad work by such a genious musician.

I know the first album of Entheogenic, and didn't like it at all. But hey, Mattman, it's just a matter of taste, all my and our respect goes to all musicians who deserve it (and they are numerous, fortunatly  :D  ), and Entheogenic make part of them.

271617[/snapback]

I relistened the whole album this night, and well, huge work by Entheogenic.

In fact, I know what disappointed me so much when I first listened to it: the flat rythms, very poor in bass frequencies. Nevertheless, great construction and sometimes very soulfull.

As said Cinos concerning Asura, I don't like the general mood of Entheogenic, but their quality is obvious.

However, I didn't listened to the second one.

I relistened the whole album this night, and well, huge work by Entheogenic.

In fact, I know what disappointed me so much when I first listened to it: the flat rythms, very poor in bass frequencies. Nevertheless, great construction and sometimes very soulfull.

As said Cinos concerning Asura, I don't like the general mood of Entheogenic, but their quality  is obvious.

However, I didn't listened to the second one.

272008[/snapback]

I think heres the worst use of vocal samples iv heard