entheogenic

ritual om

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they are a bit repetitive and very predictable, there's nothing special about the songs, most of them sound the same. Can't stand it msot of the time.

258938[/snapback]

Same here. This music doesn't affect me. There's little feeling for melody, structure, atmosphere and subtlety... it's like there's only a mess of sounds, but I don't hear music in it... and that's not from a Shpongle fan (though I generally like them), but from someone who loves tons of ambient/chillout music in general.

For those you who don't agree on the Enth copying Shpongle... listen to Impossible Landscape. At least that one track is really obvious.

Imo, entheogenic has some very wicked melodies, their atmospheres are most the time transducing knock outs.

Now you couple this with Ott, Youth, Shulman and Vibrasphere and you get one massive release. Probably the biggest ever.

Imo, entheogenic has some very wicked melodies, their atmospheres are most the time transducing knock outs.

Now you couple this with Ott, Youth, Shulman and Vibrasphere and you get one massive release. Probably the biggest ever.

260181[/snapback]

Biggest ever? I think the new Shpongle is the most anticipated and biggest ambient release. If it's big in the musical sense remains yet to be heard.

Biggest ever? I think the new Shpongle is the most anticipated and biggest ambient release. If it's big in the musical sense remains yet to be heard.

260183[/snapback]

not for everybody i guess

Cinos you fanboy... everything isnt a copy of Shpongle. Entheogenic definately hold their own. That people dont appreciate Entheogenic i can understand (to each his own), but saying that Entheogenic are copycats just because you hear some similarities in a single track is a bit silly imo :)

Cinos you fanboy... everything isnt a copy of Shpongle. Entheogenic definately hold their own. That people dont appreciate Entheogenic i can understand (to each his own), but saying that Entheogenic are copycats just because you hear some similarities in a single track is a bit silly imo  :)

260317[/snapback]

Listen to Impossible Landscapes and try saying it isn't a rip-off. As for the rest, OK, maybe it's not all copies, but clearly quite inspired by our dear Shpongle.

That remix album seems to be a good one. I don't like Enth much. I need to give them another chance I think. I'll get right on it :)

Just for the record: Vibrasphere makes the best ambient out there :)

I think they are a bit repetitive and very predictable, there's nothing special about the songs, most of them sound the same. Can't stand it msot of the time.

258938[/snapback]

thats how i feel for the second album... although i now have to give it another listen, its been a long time!

the first one i listened extensively at some point and i love it!

I think we ve been over this before, if something reminds you of shpongle its not necessarily a "bite".. shpongle indeed popularised ambientish sounds to the psy scene but they also drew inspiration from somewhere else..

i still give eternal credit to posford though.. he s been involved in the infinity project, celtic cross, dub trees, masterpieces in mystery of the yeti and then shpongle...

Well, I haven't seen the psy scene so expectant of an ambient release before.

260296[/snapback]

how can you say that?

just go to isratrance i would say a good 2:1 win for entheogenic.

But of course this all means nothing in the end. I am looking forward to hear both.

how can you say that?

just go to isratrance i would say a good 2:1 win for entheogenic.

But of course this all means nothing in the end. I am looking forward to hear both.

260382[/snapback]

Come on now. I can bet a small fortune on the Shpongle album being more expected. On every trance website I've seen, everybody is waiting for it, while Entheogenic is mentioned only here and on Isratrance.

On a sidenote, HOW COULD YOU PEOPLE NOT LIKE SECOND SHPONGLE ALBUM? It was a funking masterpiece! One of the few releases that really have "soul".

i listened to spontaneous illumination last week and i was so amazed.last time i had this emotion in an ambient release was with the debut from shpongle(this impression in a psy trance release was about6-7 years ago :lol:  :P )

they create magical,goaish melodies.they have the style of aggresive melodic ambient.i almost could dance to anyone of their tracks.i am very happy that i din't miss them.

258295[/snapback]

yes they are great, i only have the first album but have heard alot about the second one, and now the 3rd. album, time to catch up on those. :P

Their first album was very good trancenature, but the second one is more trippy and pictoresque...Get it before the third one...hehe...;)

chances are that Entheogenic will be released before Shpongle.

262825[/snapback]

Considering Shpongle is already (pre)orderable, I don't think so.