entheogenic

ritual om

i listened to spontaneous illumination last week and i was so amazed.last time i had this emotion in an ambient release was with the debut from shpongle(this impression in a psy trance release was about6-7 years ago :lol::P )

they create magical,goaish melodies.they have the style of aggresive melodic ambient.i almost could dance to anyone of their tracks.i am very happy that i din't miss them.

i believe that they could make great goa trance.so please if someone is reading that go for it.4/4 beat is waiting....! :rolleyes:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny fact is that I discovered Etheogenic last week and feel the same way too =) It's simply beuatiful!

Twilight Eyes is my favourite now =) It is the first track that I listen then I wake up... for 4 day now :)

i listened to spontaneous illumination last week and i was so amazed.last time i had this emotion in an ambient release was with the debut from shpongle(this impression in a psy trance release was about6-7 years ago :lol:  :P )

they create magical,goaish melodies.they have the style of aggresive melodic ambient.i almost could dance to anyone of their tracks.i am very happy that i din't miss them.

i believe that they could make great goa trance.so please if someone is reading that go for it.4/4 beat is waiting....! :rolleyes:

258295[/snapback]

I love both albums.

Very emotional and deep mental trips.

Now to rain on your parade: from what I've heard, Enthoegenic is a copy of Shpongle, except the spirit in the tracks... Enth just sounds plastic and cheap.

No, it doesn't sound plastic or cheap at all...It sounds pretty professional and at some stages even better than Shpongle ( second one I mean ). Their debut album was great, mellow, smooth and very good but Spontaneous Illumination was just other thing. It was very trippy and with lots of variable stuff inside. They combined all sorts of ambient trips and it was much better than their debut. All in all, they do remind at some stages on Shpongle but it doesn't matter at all since it does have its original note too...;)

it doesn't sound like shpongle at all imho..

nevertheless entheogenic rocks.. i sure was dissapointed to hear that their 3rd album will be mostly remixes from other artists instead of 9 brand new entheogenic tunes :(

yes but very very promising remixes! 2 by Ott, 2 by Abakus, one by Vibrasphere, one by Shulman and one by Youth! Plus a couple of fresh tunes I presume.

I can't wait for this

...It sounds pretty professional and at some stages even better than Shpongle ( second one I mean ). Their debut album was great, mellow, smooth and very good but Spontaneous Illumination was just other thing. It was very trippy and with lots of variable stuff inside. They combined all sorts of ambient trips and it was much better than their debut.

258333[/snapback]

I like Entheogenic better then Shpongle, I think they took this style much further.

Don't see that much similarity since the feelings are very different.

i also heard that they are similar but when i listened to their second album i could't justify it.entheogenic have borrowed just the flanger type of melodies from shpongle(i hope you understand).i think that their melodies are much more goaish than shpongle,thus their style is much more aggresive than the druid style of shpongle.

Never been a big fan to honest. Melodies are too obvious and the samples are... lame and irritating.

Yet you can see the potential. Almost like they are so close to a masterpiece album, but not yet there.

Those remixes might be good though! I like all the artists mentioned above. The combo could produce just the right mix. I will check the samples for sure... whenever that is available?

Sounds as if they're going all Geomantik on us ;)

Entheogenic are some of the finest psychedelic ambient producers on the scene these days...

258482[/snapback]

In my opinion, they are the best psychedelic down and midtempo producers at the moment. That new album sounds very interesting, we shall wait and see.

The release will be kind of overshadowed by the massively delayed Shpongle album though... they could pick a better time for release.

Shpongle comes out, everybody goes crazy with it.... Entheogenic comes out - everyone understands that Shpongle was nothing more than popular music :)

joking... but we'll wait and see :) very interesting indeed.

It's gonna be hell of a month this June - Shpongle, VA - Apsara, Entheogenic. If Tranceform Rec releases the VA - Fluorotronik - June will be the most productive month since 1997, I guess =)