Melodies that made you cry

Ormion

Sure, it starts at 8.00 and lasts for 20 seconds. It's the final melody before the track ends. You can listen it in the middle of the track too, but only in the end is complete.

258677[/snapback]

strange there is two different versions of this track, one without the melody at the end, and one with!

I actually made this topic for melodies that made you cry.Not for your fav melodies. I like so many tracks with unbelievable melodies (Kabalah,Family Of Light,Timelessness etc.) but only To Eternity made me cry. Also I mentioned that no melancholic tracks cause it's easy to cry with a melancholic melody.

258677[/snapback]

how can you manage to cry if the melody is not sad, it's beyond me... :unsure:

or too much drugs?:) i don't know...

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only song that has ever made me cry was Talpa - People are Animals. It was a beautiful day, and right when the climax in the middle of the song kicked in, the sun shone through the leaves above me (I was walking through a forest), and this refreshing wind joined in, all at the same time... :P

Might seem a bit "gay" but it was a magical moment! :P Don't really know why or how - it's hard to explain... I guess I was in the mood for it. :P

i second whoever it was that mentioned mfg - to eternity

strange there is two different versions of this track, one without the melody at the end, and one with!

you should imho get the one with the last melody cause its one of the most powerful ive heard. its magnificent!

i love the way mfg smacks up a last frenzy at the end of the tune. they did this with a couple of other ones too :)

What's with you, ppl??!! Haven't any of you heard Hallucinogen - E? :huh:

You'll know what I mean, when you listen to Twelve from TIP.WORLD and reach the end of the cd. Hallucinogen completely mellows out on a piano and a cello and it is TOTALLY blissful. Sad, really :( ...But beautiful beyond words :rolleyes:

Entheogenic's melodies are also quiet powerful, IMO. The melodies sometimes make my heart bleed and I cry like a waterfall. <_<

Ott's Smoked Glass and Chrome almost made me cry in joy. And Shpongle have come close numerous times - especially with their first album (whereas the second one was more of a roller-coaster ride ;) )

how can you manage to cry if the melody is not sad

258743[/snapback]

I for example haven't ever cried over sad melody but more from excitement and joy. Like feeling ultra euphorical and song just keep buliding the melody that I burst and happy tears go out. I haven't cried on sad melody, it just put me in some nice state but it doesn't crush me to the point of bursting into tears.

Crying over music obviously requires the mood to be set prior to listening.

The album "( )" by sigur rós has sent me to tears several times, due to the emotions I have associated with that album and due to my overall lifesituation back when it was released. But this isn't trance, ofcourse... I doubt I could cry to trance music no matter what. It stirs up different emotions in me.

258719[/snapback]

I'm with you Ola... Sigur Rós makes the most emotional music I've ever heard... Haven't cried over it though - but the sheer beauty of it is touching... When you listen to this music you understand hopelandic immidiately - no matter how strange that may sound...

DP

Well, I never really cried to music (I mean that I burst into tears) ... that can only do films to me, but I got wet eyes because of wonderful melodies already some times:

Carbon Based Lifeforms - Hydroponic Garden ... that's made my eyes wet more than once at the first listen (and still)...

S-Range - 2001 ... the track, not the album (though it's brilliant, but it doesn't make me cry) ... as I heard this "I'm convinced that there must be many, many higher civilizations ... blahblah"-sample together with this wonderful synth that drags itself through nearly the whole track I really was stunned...

Noma - Another Time ... mmh yes ... although this sounds already melancholic to me, but well...

ok so you guys wanna talk cheese, let's talk good cheese:

Saiko Pod - Going Down in Chinatown

as for the chill:

Solar Fields - Blue Moon station

those take take the cake for me, i haven't technically cried on them, but then again im not of a wimp either

What's with you, ppl??!! Haven't any of you heard Hallucinogen - E? :huh:

You'll know what I mean, when you listen to Twelve from TIP.WORLD and reach the end of the cd. Hallucinogen completely mellows out on a piano and a cello and it is TOTALLY blissful. Sad, really :(  ...But beautiful beyond words :rolleyes:

Entheogenic's melodies are also quiet powerful, IMO. The melodies sometimes make my heart bleed and I cry like a waterfall. <_<

Ott's Smoked Glass and Chrome almost made me cry in joy. And Shpongle have come close numerous times - especially with their first album (whereas the second one was more of a roller-coaster ride ;) )

258838[/snapback]

E is very emotional track indeed.

how can you manage to cry if the melody is not sad, it's beyond me...  :unsure:

or too much drugs?:) i don't know...

258743[/snapback]

It's possible if the music is unbelievable. This is why I cried ONLY with one track. The final melody of To Eternity is so fucking amazing, superb, awesome! that made me cry once.

It's the power of melody, my friend :)

I'm now convinced that I have another version of the track :( (to eternity)

259644[/snapback]

don't worry the melody he's talking about is at the end, at 8.00mn, but it is also in the middle of the track, but it's not exactly the same, but similar...and anyway i don't see what 's so amazing about this melody in particular...i prefer New kind of world for example, the 2 melodies at the finish of the track fit perfectly together. Great!

Yes, New Kind Of World possibly has the smoothest, liquid melodies ever ! I find it as one of the best melodic pieces ever made...Much better than To Eternity...MFG globally make perfect melodies, mature, precise melodic construction that very rarely appear.

Do you guys remember MFG - PROCESS IREVERSIBBLE ( PASSENGER RMX ) :o

Now that is psychedelic melodic dementia !

Klaus Schulze - Friedrich Nietzsche

the incredible intensity and the melodies in the first 10 minutes made me cry

258623[/snapback]

And of course the godly Klaus Schulze - Crystal Lake, the finale made me cry once.

Also once: Brian Eno - An Ending (Ascent), Enya - May it be and Dvorak 9th symphony part 2.... that's about it. No trance.. that gives me different emotions...like a positive energy rush :)

Yes, New Kind Of World possibly has the smoothest, liquid melodies ever ! I find it as one of the best melodic pieces ever made...Much better than To Eternity...MFG globally make perfect melodies, mature, precise melodic construction that very rarely appear.

Do you guys remember MFG - PROCESS IREVERSIBBLE ( PASSENGER RMX ) :o

Now that is psychedelic melodic dementia !

259778[/snapback]

Yeah, this track is great but not one of their best IMO.

What about Experience,Alien's Land,Inspiration or Overload? MFG for ever!!!

Yers, Ormion, all the tracks you mentioned are perfect also, but then again, I find practically all they made except few song on The Message as perfect. BTW, MFG is not forever as it appears from the late 2000...

Oh yes, High Hope is such a great Pink Floyd song. One of my favourites, even if it's a newer one!

258346[/snapback]

Totally agree, and the second one to cry to is "Shine on your crazy diamond"! But that is mostly beacause the are melancholic, and such songs seem not to concern this topic, as I understand.

The last melody I was crying to, and that made me shiver down to my finger tips, was Younger Brother - evil and harm.

I was also greatly amazed not so long ago with the Tromesa's track "Yohimbe".

A few days ago I was listening to Spiral Trax vol. 1, I suddenly came across

Tranan - Preacher Boy

Oh my God, a beautifull track.. I began to think about my life and how wonderfull it all is, and a little drop of tear ran down my chind.. You see people, this is why I listen to psy.. What an experience.. Oh my..

Juno Reactor - Song For Ancestors. It conjures a really sad story in my head, much more vivid that anything thus far... and it's sad. :(