No inspiration

How often do you feel uninspired?

I feel that way now, and have felt so for about a month. I think i'm reaching the climax of uninspiredness now, and im even jealous at myself when i hear my previous productions. It feels like i'm never going to make one single track again.

I've felt this way before - sometimes for more than one month. But now i really have the motivation to make a song, the ideas are floating through my head like never before but when i sit in front of Cubase it all goes away... I feel like the little noob i was a year ago, only with some more technical knowledge.

God, i can't even make a hiphop-beat anymore.

I'm sure many of you have felt the same sometime, please give me (and probably many others) your advice!

The more pressure you put upon yourself, the less inspired you will be....so take it easy drink a cup of tea..........what may help is not to listen to music at all, or at least not the style you want to make, take a step back, an you will see the ideas will flow...not just in your head.....dont worry..... :)

Thanks for the reply. I will take it easy as you said =)

But how come i just can't put the ideas into work? I have so many ideas and while daydreaming i can compose entire symphonies - or just catchy grooves - but it feels so boring to MAKE the songs.

Anyway, i will get into something else for a while.

So, anyone else wants to share their opinions?

hi..

its real funny the way u explain it cause i feel exactly the same way many times...

sometimes i get fed up, no new ideas and feel un inspired...

everything i try to do sounds crap...

like i just dont have the energy to sit and make something...

i'd rather watch tv or something...

many times i dream stuff,like some great melody or some sort of arrangement but when it comes to putting it down in a sequencer, it just dosent happen...

its like those ideas dont translate very easily to the actual sequencing...

what i do to get some creativity flowing is to just work on some other style of music...

for example - i listen to alot of classsical music,so i try to make an instrumental piece using general midi..

here i am just making this stuff for fun and can be easy on myself about it..

trying new ideas, not trying to sound like anyone else...

or try making something using a different time signature than u usually use..

or i spend some time on figuring out a new vst or something like that..during this process u may be struck by some new idea for a new sound or something...

soon i find that my mood has changed and i am able to begin working again..

hope this helps...

bye

if i'm uninspired i take my diskman and go for a ride whit my bike...

sometime it last as two weeks that i can't make anything.... but after that i start... and i will not stop or sleep ..... just take a walk look, around you, listen to your diskman or what ever you have and don't press yourself...or just get drunk empty your mind....

well i think u need a break from music , or maybe the style of music.

i get sick of psy trance after a while so i take a 2 wekk break, listen to only chill out or some jazz and then when my brain is empty again , i get back at making psy trance ... :D

Ehe, i don't even make psy (well, i've made maybe 2 psy trance tracks and some other that are a little psychedelic), but you've got a point there, thanks for the time!