Most comical mislabeling of an MP3 you've seen?

Nepenthe

Part of the reason I don't download much music, aside from supporting the artists, guilt and all that, is because I'm quite picky about having my tracks labelled correctly. Any stroll through P2P MP3 sharing domain will reveal tons of mislabelled tracks. Artist(s), Track title... genre (Aphex twin in the "rock" category?)... whatever! What's the most appaling, most ignorant, most comical mislabelling you have seen?

I wish I had a list with me, but I'm sure if you, for example, search for "shongle" or "hallicinogen" you will find tons of mislabelled tracks and tracks that Simon / Shpongle had nothing to do with.

One example off the top of my head is the way the soundjam MP playlist on my old laptop looked which songs such as:

Shpongle: Crescent Suns

Shpongle: Hicksville

Orbital: Little fluffy clouds

Hallucinogen: Twisted (do you fuck like you dance edit)... who the hell did this song?

Shpongle: Hallucinogen Rave (ok, no, but I threw it in as an example).

And a bunch of other tracks which were just plain wrong.

There are tons of Infected Mushies tracks for download, and I think about 15-20% are in fact NOT Mushies.

Another good good example which is less humorous than sad and pitful is the "song by Orbital" entitled "Blue Illusion"... This track is peppered all over the place. However it is NOT orbital. The song is by Stevie B-Zet (or whatever his name is. I've seen it spelled many ways). It's a classic case of a song becoming popular, but not being credited to the right person because of MP3 inaccuracies.

By far one of my favorite examples of schitzophrenic (sp?) track ID is this song:

One track was:

Chemical Brothers: LSD (hallucinogen remix)

Next track down was

Hallucinogen: LSD (chemical brothers remix)

note: I downloaded both and they were the original LSD by H. Not remixes.

Cheers,

-Trevor

Hehe I know what you mean. I don't download music but a friend gave me a cd with some mp3 psy tracks including:

Infected Mushroom-Spiritual Trance (IM never made a track under this name. The track is actually Transwave-Flamycogire)

Talamasca-Psycho (which is actually a remix in IM track not a Talamsca one)

Astral Projection-Trance In Trance (which is Mahadeva)

and more shit :D

i once saw a shpongle track that was in fact an awfull attempt from some beginner to make full-on...

you could tell it wasnt shpongle by the first second but it was circulated under shpongle disguise....

I've seen most of the 1's listed above.Some others:

hallucinogen - the violin trance

hallucinogen - wargasms

shpongle - the scale

& several others that I've now found the proper name to thanks to the search thing on the side of this site.

Hallucinogen: Twisted (do you fuck like you dance edit)... who the hell did this song?

Naked Tourist

LOL I've seen that Hallucinogen - Violin Trance track. When I dl music I use DC++ and when searching a track or an album, I make sure that there are many users with exactly the same filesizes for the tracks. Also it's good if there is some ripper group's name in every file, like this for example:

10-talpa_-_back_to_dreaming-mycel.mp3

Hallucinogen - Red Room ( don't know what it was )

Hallucinogen - Goa Trance ( This was in fact orphic trench from twisted )

Hallucinogen - Deep Trance and Ritual Beats ( The real name is spike )

Infected Mushroom - Pussy Trance ( It could have been a live recording with the mushrooms, but i'm not sure, anyway, they don't have a 'Pussy Trance' track, right?)

Not very comical but misleading nevertheless... I hate kazaa >=(

255333[/snapback]

Its by Wayne Gee ....

"I want cocaine on a breakfast tray ......"

"Excuse me - but do do you fuck as well as you dance ? Are you as hot in the bedroom as you are on the dancefloor?"

:ph34r:

Dodgy record - good for a grin the fisrt time its heard I suppose .....

i m pretty sure most of IM's success is because of this mis labelling...

about 50-65% of psytrance on the net seems to be under the name of infected mushroom... and most ppl who start with psytrance tend to think infected made all these kick ass songs heh

one of my friends who just started with psy told me " hey man do u these that songs by infected mushroom it s insane.....!"

when pretty much all the tracks he made me listen to were

GMS

Hallucinogen

one was even a juno reactor song... under a weird name infected mushroom never did....

my personal theory is that.... infected would still be making those freak songs from back in B.P empire if they didn t get all their success from this mis labelling .... STUPID P2P!!!

Also it's good if there is some ripper group's name in every file, like this for example:

10-talpa_-_back_to_dreaming-mycel.mp3

I don't download much anymore, but ripper groups are nowadays the only way to go, because with those files you can be 95% sure that it's no fake...

And BTW, the stuff I search for is only avaliable through ripper groups anyway...

Ofcourse we all DO NOT download mp3's but we CAN list mislabeled mp3's, right :rolleyes: , anyway i DO download (Everyone does) and if you get it from the right sources there is hardly any mislabeling at all... (Tip: Avoid KaZaA and other spyware filled crap)

in college, our resident advisor's last name was "Ginde" (he was indian), so one of my blockmates went on our friend's computer and renamed several hundred songs so that "ginde" was in every title. Brown-Eyed Girl became Brown-Eyed Ginde... others included "We Built this Ginde", "Ginde's always on my mind", "My Ginde", etc etc... the best part was that back in the day, we shared mp3s across our entire campus's network, and subsequently on napster etc (b4 it turned to shit)... so these butchered-title mp3s were floating around for years.

-ensign

conclusion:

sfv´s are good :)

meh that's what happens when you use Kazaa and eMule to dload underground stuff... I'd say (morality issues put aside...) that your main problem is not going to the proper source rather than the mislabeling of tracks by some morons.

Guest .::E.P

Why complain about something you got for "free" ? :blink:

want the accurate music with the accurate titles? may I suggest you buy it? :ph34r:

Shpongle: Crescent Suns

Shpongle: Hicksville

real names:

Binah - crescent suns (yes this is simon posford under another project name)

Celtic cross - hicksville (maybe its Celtic cross? and u all know who is behind that guise)