What new music did you get today?

On 5/30/2019 at 6:23 PM, psytones said:

Yes your right, cool story but.. (I've not dived in it yet, I've just listened through it once) it's not as "soft" or what to say as the coverart could suggest  Its as good as hooped and as lacking as expected, and ready for it to reviele more pleasure to me with more listens. Its not that much "harshness" but for sure, the harshness on top is rightfully compenseted with magic underneath / inside (datkpsy).

I Always looked at this album as sort of a conclusion of the american psy scene, after his album the lable MOE wich released incredible music

went away, and Ocelot moved away from his more agressive era into a more 'light' phase.

Good times, with good music :)

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Special thanks to Antic NP - Hyperspaced. Flying Saucersss

I got this a couple of day ago.

Great album by Nervasystem. I'm looking forward to see him play at Connection.  

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Wow, what a fantastic box of Greg Hunter's music, on cd finally. =)) I love the artwork. Geonosis is one of the best downtempo albums ever.

20190726-213236.jpg

And then the new Bluetech - Liquid Geometries in Dub. LSD continues with their high quality releases.

20190726-213359.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I rarely do massive purchases like this these days, but an eBay seller had all these great CDs available and I couldn't help myself!

Interlect 3000 - Electric Allsorts

Koxbox - Re-Oscillation maxi-CD

Spectral - Celtic Alchemy maxi-CD

Sandman - Psycho Toons

UX - Ultimate Experience

Transwave - Hypnorhythm EP

Finally... Koxbox and Transwave collections complete ^_^

3 hours ago, Oopie said:

I rarely do massive purchases like this these days, but an eBay seller had all these great CDs available and I couldn't help myself!

Interlect 3000 - Electric Allsorts

Koxbox - Re-Oscillation maxi-CD

Spectral - Celtic Alchemy maxi-CD

Sandman - Psycho Toons

UX - Ultimate Experience

Transwave - Hypnorhythm EP

Finally... Koxbox and Transwave collections complete ^_^

nice score, hypnorythm in particular is amazing!

11 hours ago, technosomy said:

nice score, hypnorythm in particular is amazing!

Thanks mate. Yeah no doubt on that one I've been keen to have it for years now. :)

I got the ZNA compilation of course. =))

20190828-143133.jpg

21 hours ago, astralprojection said:

wow that thing looks absolutely stunning :)

It sounds even better, absolutely magical. thanosp81 is doing a amazing job with his Digital Reprints. =)

• 1 month later...

Having only recently introduced to the solo projects of Son Kite/Minilogue duo, I instantly fell in love with the sounds of Markus. The mystical vibes his music emanates in conjunction with the techno rhythms just hit the perfect, sweet spot for me. And this is how my journey begins.

20191018_210335.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Gah, I haven't posted in this thread in a year or so! I should have, but somehow there has always been something more urgent to do, or maybe I was just out of energy afterwards.

Anyway, to fix that even by a little bit, I picked some semi-random stuff from the "incoming" piles. (Sorting of the record shelves has been postponed too many times as well.) There's no very coherent theme in this selection, other than all being somehow noteworthy or fascinating. There's some repetition from earlier posts - even mine. Maybe some 2019 highlights? Maybe crowd pleasers? Maybe some showing off too, who knows? Far from being a "today" listing but whatever...

2019-music-picks-1000.jpg

And because we're search engine, vision impaired and collector friendly here, a brief listing and comments:

And that's it. Now I'll pack that stuff again, clean the rest of the table, and maybe rip a few pending discs. There are some orders to place too. Special thanks to several members here who have been involved with these releases. Let's see what 2020 brings. :)

• 2 months later...

Triphonic album on Zenon (digital)

Aes Dana - Inks on vinyl from Ultimae

And from the non-psy genres

my wife surprised with the Autechre - NTS sessions vinyl box set she had kept secret for a long time for our 10 year wedding anniversary. 

Also non-music but music I also have the Erica Synths Techno System coming to add to my studio this week which is like my mid-life crisis purchase instead of a motorbike or tattoo.

• 2 weeks later...

HN336Hf.jpg

Hypnoxock's latest album and a Triquetra t-shirt. Hopefully we can experience both of them live in august at Apsara. If this virus thing settles down until then.

4 hours ago, staffan said:

HN336Hf.jpg

Hypnoxock's latest album and a Triquetra t-shirt. Hopefully we can experience both of them live in august at Apsara. If this virus thing settles down until then.

Cool cover art for the CD. Reminds me a bit of 90s video games. Specifically the shmups(shoot em ups) genre. The japanese arcade shooters.

Psy:

Sneaky Voodoo - "Worm On A Kazoo" EP (Zenon Records)

Synergic - "A World Beyond" (Samaa Records)

Non-Psy Electric:

Degs - "Letters From Ndegwa" (Hospital Recodds - digital & vinyl order)

Mako - "Oeuvre" (Metalheadz - (digital & vinyl)

Braintune - "The Nature Of Suffering" EP (Dark Descent Records)

Heavy Metal (Vinyl):

Slayer - "South Of Heaven"

Amorphis - "Under The Red Cloud"

Cloak - "To Venomous Depths"

Obscura - "Akroasis"

Immortal - "Sons Of Northern Darkness"

Earth Rot - "Black Tides Of Obscurity"

Omega Infinity - "Solar Spectre"

Tribulation - "Down Below"

Suffocation - "Pinnacle Of Bedlam"

I grabbed a bunch of stuff from Bandcamp last Friday during the sale.

Some of the one's I'm liking a lot right now are:

Pororoca - Hollow Flower Farm
Funky Gong - Matsuri Digital - Be Humanized
Hibernation - Ambient Re-Works 01
VA - The Square - Acid Disco

I got Mantra Move - Raven Dub this week. I'd say it doesn't try anything particularly groundbreaking, but it's solid and enjoyable for casual listening. I've probably cooked a few dinners to it already.

Also, I still have a pile of Suntrip backlog to go through...and a few pending disco, synthwave etc. orders to make...but maybe some time too for listening now when everything is cancelled and closed? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

This week:

Suns of Arqa - Bringing Light to the New World Disorder
Globular & Geoglyph ‎- Messages from the Resonator

And a few more should be in the mail right now. There was a happy coincidence with finally having a bit of free time to place long-postponed orders, Bandcamp's revenue share waiving day and a couple of sales. ^_^

(Mark your calendars: the next similar campaign days are June 5 and July 3.)