What new music did you get today?

DeathPosture

* Infected Mushroom - Legend of the black shawarma (Hommega)

* Cosmosis - Fumbling for the funky frequency (Holophonic)

* Radical Distortion - Psychedelic dreams (Suntrip)

* Orion - Futuristic poetry (Avatar re-release)

* Fragletrollet - Playground of spirit (Shaman Films Media)

* Various - Classical distortions (Organik Media)

* The Delta - Minusman (Wonkavator)

* Various - Fire (Altar)

* Valentino Jorno - Progress trance time vol. I (Jorno records) (received this one for free as a surprise ... )

Ordered from beatspace, huh? :D

I'd like to know what you think of Crazy Astronaut, Ormion.

I gave it a quick listen and it sounds something between Furious and Delirious Noon.

It's harder than Delirious Noon and more melodic than Furious.

I'd like to know what you think of Crazy Astronaut, Ormion.

If I may, it's too fast. It's like a bread of his Furious and Delirious Noon projects, but whereas both are brilliant in their respective areas, this one is not so. There's too much of simple, childish melodies and typical rave'y sounds. The style only works where on the top of frantic beats he puts some more relaxed atmospheres and slower/lazier arpeggios ("Rise Up", "Vampire", "Sate") or when he throws in some vintage techno elements ("F Killer"). It is still interesting to listen to it though, even if just for the production and crazy sound design ideas. All in all this is good, without being really great.

If I may, it's too fast. It's like a bread of his Furious and Delirious Noon projects, but whereas both are brilliant in their respective areas, this one is not so. There's too much of simple, childish melodies and typical rave'y sounds. The style only works where on the top of frantic beats he puts some more relaxed atmospheres and slower/lazier arpeggios ("Rise Up", "Vampire", "Sate") or when he throws in some vintage techno elements ("F Killer"). It is still interesting to listen to it though, even if just for the production and crazy sound design ideas. All in all this is good, without being really great.

Well based on my quick listen I found the melodies more entertaining that the Delirious Noon ones.

Well based on my quick listen I found the melodies more entertaining that the Delirious Noon ones.

In all likelihood this is probably because you're fan of SA-psy, which is full of such - to me! - childish / ravey sounds which I simply can't stand Posted Image

But to each his own - I'm still glad I bought it, though in similar style (melodic dar-kpsy) I liked Terranoise's "Cross-dimensional Feedback" more.

In all likelihood this is probably because you're fan of SA-psy, which is full of such - to me! - childish / ravey sounds which I simply can't stand Posted Image

But to each his own - I'm still glad I bought it, though in similar style (melodic dar-kpsy) I liked Terranoise's "Cross-dimensional Feedback" more.

Ok, I gave it another listen today and I agree that some melodies sound a bit cheesy and clubby, but I believe that was intentional so it would sound like a psychedelic rave. And that's why is so entertaining (and IMO better than Delirous Noon, which to be honest I didn't like THAT much).

Though I still can't understand when you listened a childish melody in a SA track...

Anyway :)

Uuh, this is weird. I'm listening to the Crazy Astronaut samples over on Saikosounds, and I'm sure these are totally different to the samples that were there last time I listened (which were some kind of slow proggy thing, totally out of character for Osom Music, which is why I was so interested to hear people's opinion). I guess Saikosounds must have fucked up and since fixed their mistake.

Uuh, this is weird. I'm listening to the Crazy Astronaut samples over on Saikosounds, and I'm sure these are totally different to the samples that were there last time I listened (which were some kind of slow proggy thing, totally out of character for Osom Music, which is why I was so interested to hear people's opinion). I guess Saikosounds must have fucked up and since fixed their mistake.

It's the exact opposite of slow prog. :D