What new music did you get today?

DeathPosture

Is was lucky to get my hands on the last copy of Asura's Code Eternity by the way :D

Damn, I was planning on buying that one! I got the indian edition, though i think it has a better cover it's not Ultimae on the back :lol:

One interesting remark is that one of the discogs sellers now selling a copy of Solar Fields- Extended (2006) (Ultimae Records) for well over 100 euro started out over some 8 months ago with the price of 20.

I remember occasionally looking at it and thinking is it possible that an extremely limited release from one of the most sought after modern ambient artists cannot fetch more than that.

Obviously I was the only one who ever noticed such a contradiction, because that same seller today is asking 5 times more than he started out with. My only question to him would be: if nobody bought it for half a year for a fraction of the current price, what makes him/her think anybody would buy it now? It's not like people didn't know it was printed in 300 copies before some seller wrote extremely rare under the optional item description slot.

One interesting remark is that one of the discogs sellers now selling a copy of Solar Fields- Extended (2006) (Ultimae Records) for well over 100 euro started out over some 8 months ago with the price of 20.

I remember occasionally looking at it and thinking is it possible that an extremely limited release from one of the most sought after modern ambient artists cannot fetch more than that.

Obviously I was the only one who ever noticed such a contradiction, because that same seller today is asking 5 times more than he started out with. My only question to him would be: if nobody bought it for half a year for a fraction of the current price, what makes him/her think anybody would buy it now? It's not like people didn't know it was printed in 300 copies before some seller wrote extremely rare under the optional item description slot.

Look at the market price history.

Here is the most recent price it sold for:

2007-12-08 Mint (M) Mint (M) €29.90

comments: NEW STILL SEALED

It sold for a fraction of his price 3 months ago. He was selling it for around 40 Euro until very recently and now he's asking 150 Euro. All he did was inflate the price so other people are asking for 100+ bucks.

That's pretty crazy because limited edition classics released on legendary FAX records back in like 1993 or 1994 sell for that much and FAX has a large following and demand for their stuff is insane.

OK I understand, "Extended" is limited, but man it was released in 2006 and Solar Fields is nowhere near established name as say Pete Namlook. If you pay 150 Euro for it you are a sucker.

That's pretty crazy because limited edition classics released on legendary FAX records back in like 1993 or 1994 sell for that much and FAX has a large following and demand for their stuff is insane.

OK I understand, "Extended" is limited, but man it was released in 2006 and Solar Fields is nowhere near established name as say Pete Namlook. If you pay 150 Euro for it you are a sucker.

+1

FAX releases are in a league of their own, at least as far as ambient music goes.

Though I'm generalizing here, as I haven't heard a fairly large chunk of their releases, mainly due to their scarsity.

I have not seen the marke place history, but I don't feel like I've missed out on a lot either. Only time can determine a true classic, and asking 150 euro for a quality release, true, some 17-18 months after its release is ridiculous. Nah, redundant.

+1

Only time can determine a true classic, and asking 150 euro for a quality release, true, some 17-18 months after its release is ridiculous. Nah, redundant.

I agree, thus I would gladely have payed 70$ for Blue Moon Station, but that is ofc for personal affection to the artist :) Not objectively viewed. But I would never have paid 150 euros for Extended, nono that is indeed insane.

My first order of 2008 releases...

Plus a few others I wanted...

Abomination - Planet X

Aeternal - Visiosonic

Insomnia - Rollercoaster

Mekkanikka - Global Warning

Various Artists - Opus Iridium

Yahel - Hallucinate

Zybex - Surreal Energy

Yahel: Super Set

Ultravoice: The Star Alliance Vol. 2

Oforia: Arcadia The Remix Album

Digicult: Out of this world

Mad Netic: Magentic Fields

My wirikuta order had been given to another guy than me :o but he was so nice to call me and tell me were to get it. Fucking stupid postman! But good the guy that got it was a good one!

here goes:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My wirikuta order had been given to another guy than me :o but he was so nice to call me and tell me were to get it. Fucking stupid postman! But good the guy that got it was a good one!

If it was me, i kept the Koxbox one :))) .. no i am kidding.: )

Yeah thank god that most people actually are nice... I would have been so sad if I hadn't gotten this bunch. Perfect timing since I'm going to play out tonight and got the distant systems to play now :rolleyes: again thanks to the decent man!

only evil men would steal dragon tales from each other :P Listing too it now.... so damn nice to have my koxbox album collection complete :)

Too much in the same week...

Va - Feel the Noyze (matsuri)

Rip van Hippy - when bernie was a tree

Loopus in fabula - loopus in fabula

Fahrenheit project 1

Hol Bauman - Human

Solar fields - blue moon station

Freq - strange attractors (thanks to skeleton mans review on discogs !)

Vibrasphere - archipelago

Liquid soul - synthetic vibes

Man With no name - interstate highway

Asura - life ²

Fahrenheit project 4

Fahrenheit project 5

Twelve (tip world)

Gringo locomotion

Igor Swamp ...

Then some other old school goatrance stuff I can't really remember ..., still waiting on some packages too...

Also some :

Pink floyd - animals

Pink floyd - piper at the gates of dawn

The doors (box set 1/live)

The doors perception box 6 cd/6dvd

Neil young harvest

Grateful dead - live/dead

Pink floyd - dark side of the moon

led zeppelin - how the west was won (3cd, already had the dvd...)

Anyway too much to handle actually, not that good ...

Must keep some sealed for a week or 2, otherwise they will disappear in the collection to fast...

My latest order!

Tegma - Lo-Fi Adventures

Human Blue - Base Basket Buffet

Distant System - Spiral Empire

Tryambaka - The Colour Of Time

Haltya - Book Of Nature

Ticon - 2am

X-Dream - Radio

Koxbox - Dragon Tales

Luomuhappo - Pog-O-Matic Pogomen 3000000

Antix - Wandering

Baphomet Engine - Baphomet Engine

V/A - Opus Iridium

V/A - Platform 01

V/A - Ministry Of Chaos

V/A - Musica Discordia

V/A - Arsim On Acid

V/A - Sprite

Quite varied, as usual... sometimes I wonder what the guys packing my shipments think.

Quite varied, as usual... sometimes I wonder what the guys packing my shipments think.

Probably "he doesn't know shit about the music, he just takes random titles" :D

Anyway, my catch this weekend...

And you guys will laugh, but it IS true (Job and Somseensee can proove)

I traded BLUE PLANET CORPORATON - BLUE PLANET for a ... SALAMI (actually 5 small Salamis) :)

I traded BLUE PLANET CORPORATON - BLUE PLANET for a ... SALAMI (actually 5 small Salamis) :)

Excellent deal!

No joke.

I'm trying to do the same with some of my psy trance CDs as well.

Good job Anoebis, with skillfull marketing and trading tactics like the ones you applied in this deal, I guess Suntrip's future is in safe hands.

Excellent deal!

No joke.

Good job Anoebis, with skillfull marketing and trading tactics like the ones you applied in this deal, I guess Suntrip's future is in safe hands.

Strange days idd :)...

Talked to a guy a few hours ago who traded his airconditioning machine away for 25 goatrance cd's...

Too much in the same week...

Va - Feel the Noyze (matsuri)

Rip van Hippy - when bernie was a tree

Loopus in fabula - loopus in fabula

Fahrenheit project 1

Hol Bauman - Human

Solar fields - blue moon station

Freq - strange attractors (thanks to skeleton mans review on discogs !)

Vibrasphere - archipelago

Liquid soul - synthetic vibes

Man With no name - interstate highway

Asura - life ²

Fahrenheit project 4

Fahrenheit project 5

Twelve (tip world)

Gringo locomotion

Igor Swamp ...

Then some other old school goatrance stuff I can't really remember ..., still waiting on some packages too...

Also some :

Pink floyd - animals

Pink floyd - piper at the gates of dawn

The doors (box set 1/live)

The doors perception box 6 cd/6dvd

Neil young harvest

Grateful dead - live/dead

Pink floyd - dark side of the moon

led zeppelin - how the west was won (3cd, already had the dvd...)

Anyway too much to handle actually, not that good ...

Must keep some sealed for a week or 2, otherwise they will disappear in the collection to fast...

And I look forward to hearing how you like it!

Btw since you probably won't stumble over this thread thought I'd post it here

Excellent deal!

No joke.

haha :) Well, actually it was a copy Afgin gave me :wank: so not so much marketing tricks... :) Altough it opens perspectives... Who wants my Trippy Future Garden for 1 month of free bread in the store :)