Posted Image

Ooze - Where the Fields Never End

Posted Image

Guardner - Paris can't wait

Posted Image

Guest Astro Cortex

Pete Namlook - Air I & II

Posted Image

Tetsu Inoue - Ambiant Otaku (yay, finally!!!)

Posted Image

Pete Namlook - Syn

Posted Image

Namlook X

Posted Image

Fax Records forever :rolleyes:

------------------------------------

edit: got them on Wednesday to be precise, but they're the latest ones, so....

I've never even heard of any of those artists.  <_<

Also:

Many Faces, The - Kill Bill Gate

Who's Bill Gate?  :rolleyes:

323299[/snapback]

Bill Gate - Well, I guess they didn't wanna go all the way and put the S on the end... I dunno...

And about the artists - with a couple of exceptions they're all established artists within the darker realms of psytrance...

/DP

Another step towards a complete TIP Records collection:

Growling Mad Scientists - The Growly Family

http://www.discogs.com/release/70353

...and a cheap one for completing the label:

Zone Tripper - Biocult

http://www.discogs.com/release/112317

Just missing number 5 & 6 here, but they're very low priority...

And then this monstrous release (note - 40 page 12" booklet!)

Deathspell Omega - Kénôse

http://www.discogs.com/release/475082

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

I just come back from the weekly flea market of my town where i found 3 old Fairway compilations in good state for 4€ each cd:

-Hypnotic Trance vol.1

-Cybertrance 4

-Cybertrance 5

Antix - Twin Coast Discovery

http://www.discogs.com/release/459060

Ticon - Aero

http://www.discogs.com/release/143563

dtect magazine 2

http://www.discogs.com/release/473746

Martin, is this magazine is that bad? I bought it only for the BLT track, is it good?

324367[/snapback]

Good choices there - though I prefer the first Antix album... The Dtect CD has a few good tracks, but also TOO much crap...

At long fucking last:

Posted Image

Accidental Occidentalism

Now jsut missing the original Orion CD and the compilation Funk on CD to have a COMPLETE Symbiosis collection, including the never released Balagan sampler...

Sweet compilation - I was just spinning that yesterday... Where'd you find it? Hope you didn't have to pay too much for it? I got mine for less than $10  :)

324516[/snapback]

It cost me quite a bit, but it was almost entierly a trade, with some extra money in between. Either way, seeing as how this is one of the holy grails of goa trance, it was worth it =)

Why do people think that compliation is so good?  :huh:

Edit: And worth paying insane money for?

324522[/snapback]

Well, it's packed to the rim with old school classics for starters... And about the price - we've been over this before man... Supply and demand! And if you don't think it's good, why do you have it on your wantlist?

It cost me quite a bit, but it was almost entierly a trade, with some extra money in between. Either way, seeing as how this is one of the holy grails of goa trance, it was worth it =)

324525[/snapback]

It's definitely worth it... I gave it a couple of spins last night, and I was rocking in my living room like a madman... ;o)

/DP

Why do people think that compliation is so good?  :huh:

Edit: And worth paying insane money for?

324522[/snapback]

Several reasons... musically:

- There are 3 CD-exclusive Pleiadians tracks on this disc. While they are much earlier and more crude than their later releases, the characteristic Pleiadians/Etnica sound is there, and I absolutely love it.

- The two Transwave tracks are among the best they ever did - although they are also available elsewhere, they are no less amazing.

- Overall this has a lovely mood and sound to it, which for many represents the way goa trance sounded when they first got in contact with it. I know that you (being much younger) came into the scene several years later, but for me, this compilation captures the essence of goa trance very well. This makes it very valuable for me.

and then there is the materialistic value:

- Symbiosis was a very important label for many, and personally it's one of my very favourites, more so than bigger ones like Spirit Zone, Flying Rhino or Transient. Having the very first CD from such a label is very rewarding for me.

- It's very, very rare. The collectors value of this CD is absolutely insane. I've seen it on eBay ONCE, and it sold for about 250 euro. So when I got the chance to get ahold of it, I did what I could.. and succeeded. The chance might not come again for several years, and when it does, the price could very well be even higher.

For a deeper understanding of my thoughts on record collecting, see this post and the other ones I made later in the same thread.

And if you don't think it's good, why do you have it on your wantlist?

324528[/snapback]

In case somebody happens to sell it cheaply, or trade it for something I have, I will sell it myself, and get rich. That's why. :)

But a holy grail? Naaah. I wouldn't say that. <_< Not for me at any rate.

But a holy grail? Naaah.

324539[/snapback]

I think the €250 price tag begs to differ. And your personal preferences has nothing to do with wether it's a holy grail or not.

I think the €250 price tag begs to differ. And your personal preferences has nothing to do with wether it's a holy grail or not.

324541[/snapback]

Neither does yours. It's NOT one of the most popular goa records, and that's telling me it's not a proverbian "holy grail".

Neither does yours. It's NOT one of the most popular goa records, and that's telling me it's not a proverbian "holy grail".

324547[/snapback]

I haven't said that its status as a holy grail is connected to my opinion - you, on the other hand, did.

42 people have it in their wantlist on Discogs, which to my knowledge is the only way in which we can measure how desired it is. So lets compare this number:

Pleiadians - I.F.O. is wanted by 35, Transwave - Hypnorhythm is wanted by 30, Hallucinogen - Twisted by 16 and Astral Projection - Trust In Trance by 18. Let's check some compilations too, for fairness sake:

Order Odonata (1) - 12

Yellow Compilation - 28

First Flight - 20

Global Psychedelic Trance Compilation Vol. 1 - 18

Blue Room Released Vol: 1 - Outside The Reactor - 10

These are much easier to find and this of course lowers the wantlist numbers, but thats beside the point. A holy grail would not be a holy grail if it was readily available at your lokal IKEA warehouse. In fact, I'd like to know if there is a single goa trance record that is more sought after than Accidental Occidentalism. How then, can it NOT be considered a holy grail?

So regardless of what you would like to think, this IS one of the holy grails of goa trance.

So regardless of what you would like to think, this IS one of the holy grails of goa trance.

324565[/snapback]

I, of course, supposed you used the word "holy grail" as in "great/popular" and not "sought after". I know it's sought after. But ask people on any website for their favorite goa cd, and very few will mention this.

So it depends on the definition. :rolleyes:

I, of course, supposed you used the word "holy grail" as in "great/popular" and not "sought after". I know it's sought after. But ask people on any website for their favorite goa cd, and very few will mention this.

So it depends on the definition.  :rolleyes:

324568[/snapback]

No it doesn't depend on the definition, it depends on your misconception of the term "holy grail". The meaning of that expression is fairly well established. Read up on the Holy Grail here, specifically the "Modern interpretations" bit.