What new music did you get today?

DeathPosture

so you don't received enough promos DP that you're now forced to buy some old cds at discounted prices or at second hand  ?  :lol:

254696[/snapback]

That's right... I'm real fucking broke, but I can't help this terribly addiction to add stuff to my collection constantly...

Must... fight... temptation....

I just bought

Orion - Futuristic Poetry (2005 Avatar Reissue, original 1997)

Shakta – Feed The Flame (Dragonfly 2004)

VA – Retrodelic Vibes (Avatar 2005) (oldskool)

X-Dream ......... we interface ...... ( for one tune !!! doh  :rolleyes: )

for £20 off damion psyreviews ......

Could be worse  :)

254703[/snapback]

Nice one... I also bought a couple of CDs from him today... Will post them in this thread once they arrive... ;o)

DP

Shouldnt this thread be in the general section? And who's this guy? I want to buy sheap cd's tooooo!!

254712[/snapback]

I was thinking about that... But I figured, there was a good chance it would derail and go offtopic from time to time... Which it already has, but that's cool... So I deciced to stick it in the offtopic forum to prevent any naysayers from complaining...

EDIT: Oh, if you want to buy from him, here is his current list: http://www.psy-forum.co.uk/psyforum_vb/sho...ead.php?t=28973 ... Nice bloke indeed - recommended!

DP

Where are the sheep CD's?

---Albums---

Etnica – Sharp (Solstice 2004)

Fatali – Faith (+ Natural 12” CD Promo) (BNE 2004)

Jocid - From Meatware To Headware (Sonic Dragon 2004)

Joti Sidhu – Punktuator (Neurobiotic 2004)

Oforia – Headed For Infinity (+Northern Lights EP Promo) (BNE 2005)

Orion - Futuristic Poetry (2005 Avatar Reissue, original 1997)

Sirius Isness – Resolution of Duality (Moon Spirit 2004)

---Compilations---

VA – Beatport 2 (JumJam 2004)

VA – BPM 3 (Agitato 2004)

VA – Cyberdelica (Trancelucent 2004)

VA – Evolve (Soular 2005)

VA – Influx Visions (ODD 2004)

VA – Inspirazzia (VP 2005)

VA – PsyInjection (Psytropic 2004)

VA – Star Dust (Moon Stone 2004) Promo

VA – The Natural Waves Of Sound 2 (Compact 2004)

---Chillout---

Androcell – Emotivision (Celestial Dragon 2004)

Healer – Higher Grounds (Candyflip 2004)

HUVA Network - Distances (Ultimae 2004)

VA – Namaskar (Indica 2004)

Youth – The Secret Language Of Ordinary Objects (LSD 2004)

This is what he got left I guess. I didnt see any albums that made me get a boner, but Androcell is interesting. Got any suggestion for me, which one I should jump at?

I bought Namaskar from him... But it looks like he's got another copy...

HUVA Network is very cool too... Same with Healer if you like ambient/chill...

For progressive Inspirazzia is also a steal for £5!

DP

I bought Namaskar from him... But it looks like he's got another copy...

HUVA Network is very cool too... Same with Healer if you like ambient/chill...

For progressive Inspirazzia is also a steal for £5!

DP

254721[/snapback]

thanks, i sendt him a PM :)

side note..

My Visa Electron now works as a credit card on online sales.. damn this opened so many new doors :D

254723[/snapback]

Yeah, I could imagine... I recently got Paypal which also opened so many new doors... (will ruin me eventually, but what the hell...)

DP

I can only speak for myself, but I have never sold promos, and I'm pretty certain that the stuff that Damion lists there, are not promos (well, unless the ones marked as promos obviously)... The ones he sold me are full retail copies...

DP

Full retail promos.

I can only speak for myself, but I have never sold promos, and I'm pretty certain that the stuff that Damion lists there, are not promos (well, unless the ones marked as promos obviously)... The ones he sold me are full retail copies...

DP

254759[/snapback]

yeah most labels send full retails.. still it's imo unethical to sell even those.. apart from kagdila.. they send fooking cd-rs.. HOW LAME IS THAT?

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

DP

254759[/snapback]

i can tell you that several labels not to say a big part of them, send the same kind of copy you got when you're buying it, sometimes there's a promo sign on it more or less noticeable but not always (like Avatar, BNE ...) :rolleyes:

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

yeah most labels send full retails.. still it's imo unethical to sell even those.. apart from kagdila.. they send fooking cd-rs.. HOW LAME IS THAT?

254763[/snapback]

False, Ketuh & Nano are doing the same & probably many others :lol:

False, Ketuh is doing the same & probably many others  :lol:

254767[/snapback]

It's like..

Well we've got a good 10 thousand of these bad boys printed right here, but instead we burn one and send that to you..

it's so fucking lame..

only acceptable if the cd hasn't gone to printing yet.. but that's hardly ever the case

Well, I'd say about 75% of labels send out full retail copies... And that's cool - I'm a raging collector myself, and I want full retail version in my collection - or close to retail version at least...

CD-Rs are also used yes, but that's mainly when the retail version is not ready yet... In my case, I ask for the label to send me the full retail version once they've got it - if I'm reviewing a CD-R (dosn't happen too often though...)

DP

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

false again, there's some few labels which only or mainly send cd-r even if the cd is already released... <_<

false again, there's some few labels which only or mainly send cd-r even if the cd is already released... <_<

254789[/snapback]

And that's why I used the word mainly in my original post...

I don't care much for CD-Rs... I don't get paid for my reviews - the only perk is that I get to keep the CDs - so naturally I prefer retail copies over CD-Rs... :)

DP

EDIT: Forgot a few words... Doh!

Is it ok to have a big argument about CD publishing in this thread?

I don't get paid for my reviews - the only perk is that I get to keep the CDs - so naturally I prefer retail copies over CD-Rs...  :)

wtf you don't get paid? i get 100€ / 500 words