What new music did you get today?

DeathPosture

What an X-mas day! By my surprise, I today recieved a hidden remix of UNREST on Bandcamp (guess the artist) + these two digital albums: 

X-Dream ‎– Remixed https://boshkebeatsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/x-dream-remixed-2xcd-ltd-digipack-flying-rhino-2017

https://boshkebeatsrecords.bandcamp.com/album/v-a-boshke-vol-1BOSHKE BEATS 
V​/​A Boshke! Vol​.​1

• 1 month later...

Didn't get yet, as it's not released, but pre-ordered the deluxe vinyl release of St Vincent's new album Masseduction.

That said, I did received the vinyl boxed set of the new Mogwai album "Every Country's Sun" and I'm super pumped for their show in a couple of months.
Mogwai is _always_ a good time live.

Listened to the new 20th anniversary release of The Verve's Urban Hymns and think I'll be picking that up as a 6 x 12" vinyl boxed set after the Gorillaz show in a couple of weeks. Might need to spend some cash on some new hoodies at the concert... then vinyl boxed set... 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Cases like this reminds me of the need of physical media. The artwork is not just there to provide a box to store the cds but to tell a story, invoke emotions and provide an intro of what you will find inside. 

The old times (before the internet) you didn't know what exactly you were getting when you were buying a cd. You were relying either on the artist's or label's reputation. But if you were really digging then the cover was your only hint :) 

On 9/17/2017 at 4:38 PM, staffan said:

Yep, I also got Tandu. :)

DSC_1004.jpg

What's that CD you have between Doof - It's About Time and Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible? The gray/silver with the Twisted logo/text. I have all Twisted CD releases but that doesn't look familiar :)

12 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

The old times (before the internet) you didn't know what exactly you were getting when you were buying a cd. You were relying either on the artist's or label's reputation. But if you were really digging then the cover was your only hint :) 

You had covers? Luxury! We had to browse thrice-xeroxed mail order catalogues, text only, 6 pt font. Then you made a lucky guess based on whether the name sounded promising and started waiting for a couple of weeks while the postman was wrestling bears and wolves!

Anyway...I managed to collect my copy too, just in time for the holidays. Buying this one was a real no-brainer. Globular has repeatedly found his way to my downtempo sets, and often uptempo too. I just checked and indeed, "The Continuum Process" was the opening track of my "best of 2010" mix. Now it's the opening track of this box set. Heh.

I got the files earlier, but I haven't really listened to them, either due to work schedules or maybe to keep some excitement for this moment. Now I have various indoor activities planned for this weekend and I think I know what's on the playlist...

9 hours ago, Paul Eye said:

What's that CD you have between Doof - It's About Time and Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible? The gray/silver with the Twisted logo/text. I have all Twisted CD releases but that doesn't look familiar :)

That's the first Backroom Beats compilation, TWSCD12.

33 minutes ago, staffan said:

That's the first Backroom Beats compilation, TWSCD12.

I didn't know there's a jewel case version too, I have the Digipak.
Well oops :DD it really looks like a jewel case in that picture.
But yeah, figures why I got confused since I have all Backroom Beats releases (including the 1st comp) separate from my Twisted releases.

On 21 December 2017 at 9:59 PM, staffan said:

Super release, this box of Globular is great. :)

what is this? why haven't i seen this earlier? but i think they're taking the concept of limited edition a bit too far. as of now there's no realistic way to get access to the tracks on the fourth cd (the other ones aren't new to be as they have been released on the web before) anymore. 

24 minutes ago, Padmapani said:

what is this? why haven't i seen this earlier? but i think they're taking the concept of limited edition a bit too far. as of now there's no realistic way to get access to the tracks on the fourth cd (the other ones aren't new to be as they have been released on the web before) anymore. 

Well, that's what a Limited Release is. The concept of printing 300 copies LE and then 500 that are not LE does not make sense for me TBH. The majority of the tracks on the 4th CD can be found scattered around VA releases apart from a couple that are truly unreleased. Even those though Moris is probably gonna have them available in his Bandcamp at some point as a separate release. :) 

6 hours ago, Dolmot said:

You had covers? Luxury! We had to browse thrice-xeroxed mail order catalogues, text only, 6 pt font. Then you made a lucky guess based on whether the name sounded promising and started waiting for a couple of weeks while the postman was wrestling bears and wolves!

Damn

9 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

Well, that's what a Limited Release is. The concept of printing 300 copies LE and then 500 that are not LE does not make sense for me TBH. The majority of the tracks on the 4th CD can be found scattered around VA releases apart from a couple that are truly unreleased. Even those though Moris is probably gonna have them available in his Bandcamp at some point as a separate release. :) 

i didn't expect to get the physical cd once the limited edition sells out, but today with file sharing around, i cannot understand why they cannot make the digital version available at a realistic price (500£ for a few unreleaseds and compilation tracks is a bit steep after all).

7 hours ago, Padmapani said:

i didn't expect to get the physical cd once the limited edition sells out, but today with file sharing around, i cannot understand why they cannot make the digital version available at a realistic price (500£ for a few unreleaseds and compilation tracks is a bit steep after all).

The digital files are not meant to be for sale. Bandcamp does not allow you to list music without being available for sale so the workaround is to set the price ridiculously high. during the kickstarter campaign though the digital files are available for 15 £. And remember that in the end nothing stops the artists selling those tracks in their Bandcamp. i do not limit the artists in any way apart from the physical box set obviously. you can actually try and ask them. :D

when i started Digital Reprints one of my goals was to prove to the artists/labels that there is still a benefit from physical releases. i dont know if they get it :rolleyes: but it feels so ****ing amazing to hold those 3 releases in my hands :wub:

hopefully the price tag makes a little.more sense now ^_^

On 24.12.2017 at 10:13 AM, thanosp81 said:

The digital files are not meant to be for sale. Bandcamp does not allow you to list music without being available for sale

Why even list them there, then? I wondered the same once, and I could guess that this was the reason. But why not just remove it from Bandcamp to avoid the confusion?

10 minutes ago, pdinklag said:

Why even list them there, then? I wondered the same once, and I could guess that this was the reason. But why not just remove it from Bandcamp to avoid the confusion?

Exactly. Unless you want to provide the people who managed to order it with a future download option.

5 minutes ago, juril said:

Exactly. Unless you want to provide the people who managed to order it with a future download option.

this. they get a download code and streaming with Bandcamp. Being a LE you might not want to wear your cds out

On 12/23/2017 at 12:58 PM, Paul Eye said:

I didn't know there's a jewel case version too, I have the Digipak.
Well oops :DD it really looks like a jewel case in that picture.
But yeah, figures why I got confused since I have all Backroom Beats releases (including the 1st comp) separate from my Twisted releases.

Crappy phone cameras... The first Backroom Beats has a Twisted catalogue number, that's why it's there. I also have the rest separated, well the ones I have. :)

• 2 weeks later...