Why you love psychedelic?

MIT

Hehe, psyboy, I though that is the point of all of us, psychedelicatessen consumers. I have many friends that listen to this music and experience it completely str8 and I can see their perception of it. They are mostly strictly attached to specific genre that they like their straight head to be most at and don't dare to experience other genres that may have put them in altered states of mind. Let's say, progressive. I like this genre very much and I quite got into it since last year when all the greatest progressive releases were released. I still CAN'T listen to progressive on acid...maybe in the late morning when acid completely wear off. Minimal is almost unbearable on acid. Psychedelic and Goa Trance with some very old school trance or generic ambient/ downtempo or let's say, any trippy music is possible on acid. I even listened few times some demented classical music but not on peak, later on. It was so diabolic and crazy, those people from that period were seriously psychedelic. I have str8 friend that makes ambient music and even though he makes pretty good music, it has no psychedelic effect whatsoever...

So, my point is not : HEY GUYS, TAKE SOME ACID AND EXPERIENCE THIS MUSIC TRULY....( EP, don't flame me ) even though I would recommend it to everyone with intelligent head and no mental inhibitions...;)

Hehe, psyboy, I though that is the point of all of us, psychedelicatessen consumers. I have many friends that listen to this music and experience it completely str8 and I can see their perception of it. They are mostly strictly attached to specific genre that they like their straight head to be most at and don't dare to experience other genres that may have put them in altered states of mind. Let's say, progressive. I like this genre very much and I quite got into it since last year when all the greatest progressive releases were released. I still CAN'T listen to progressive on acid...maybe in the late morning when acid completely wear off. Minimal is almost unbearable on acid. Psychedelic and Goa Trance with some very old school trance or generic ambient/ downtempo or let's say, any trippy music is possible on acid. I even listened few times some demented classical music but not on peak, later on. It was so diabolic and crazy, those people from that period were seriously psychedelic. I have str8 friend that makes ambient music and even though he makes pretty good music, it has no psychedelic effect whatsoever...

So, my point is not : HEY GUYS, TAKE SOME ACID AND EXPERIENCE THIS MUSIC TRULY....( EP, don't flame me ) even though I would recommend it to everyone with intelligent head and no mental inhibitions...;)

255760[/snapback]

i completely agree. i find trying to listen to completely different styles of music when im tripping very "eye-opening" in fact. i tend to live listening to Floyd when im tripping, but that is psychedelic music anyways. we put on some country and western for a laugh and forced ourselves to listen to it for 15 minutes. it was so funny because it was so terrible. everything is beautiful if perceived in the correct chosen way.

It was already argumented once that usage of psychedelics actually show you the point of psychedelic music so I have to ressurect that issue again. I completely believe that until you experience psychedelic drug, you haven't heard psychedelic music in the real sense. I was listening to trance music 2 years before I took my first acid in 1997. I thought until that stage I enjoyed and liked this music in the right way. As soon as first smash hit, I was clearly rinsed through the sensory filter and all the sounds and effects I elaborately heard until that moment became more clear, pure and loud. I could hear this music breathe, like the artist themselves made it on psychedelic substances and presented it freely. I felt that this music finally took its true form and was presented in a real, uncovered way. I realised that psychedelic effect START when you actually take psychedelic and that until that second you can normally hear and like music but then, you start to FEEL it, for the first time actually. I know that there are many people that listens to this music without any drugs and I am not saying they can't hear it, but until you actually experience it psychedelically, you only hear the traces of the original message. Original message is hidden inside psychedelic and that is why this music is so magical. Its psychedelic effect takes you directly to other dimension and you are left alone on the field of sounds and colorful landscapes. This music GIVES definition of SYNAESTHESIA and only with psychedelic substances you can actually experience it. Is there anything as good as that ? Not for me...;)

254433[/snapback]

I agree 100%.

Psychedelics unlock doors of perception [a joke only psyheads would get] that are normally closed.

They offer a new view of reality... not just while on them, but forever after. They can show you universes or atoms. They can send you soaring through the air or bury you deep in the earth.

With this new understanding of reality comes your first taste of the real world in which we live. Energy becomes a solid form and can be manually manipulated. Telepathic connections are formed and can be used. The key secrets of the universe are revealed to you.

Psychedelic Trance is made for psychedelic drugs. There are beats, tones, emotions, imagery, and messages hidden within the soundscape. They are placed there intentionally to be discovered only by those on a cerebal voyage.

Goa, in particular, is heavily encoded. True Goa unlocks and aligns the chakras. A master can use combinations of harmonic overtones and certain frequencies to fully open every chakra in the audience and guide the listeners on a spiritual journey.

No other musical style can do that. That is why I love Psychedelic Trance.

• 2 weeks later...

Goa, in particular, is heavily encoded. True Goa unlocks and aligns the chakras. A master can use combinations of harmonic overtones and certain frequencies to fully open every chakra in the audience and guide the listeners on a spiritual journey.

No other musical style can do that. That is why I love Psychedelic Trance.

255923[/snapback]

Absolutely right ! Goa Trance is heavily encoded ! Ever since I started listening to Goa Trance, before I took acid, I was sucked in. My body, mind and soul were finally tripping together, without any drug inside, but when I took the first blotter, IT ALL MADE SENSE ! It is true Spiritual Journey ! Shame there is no more spiritual encoded music for remaining perceptive and spiritual people...:(

Why do I love psychedelic?

First of all the dance music (psy-trance, and other forms of electronic psychedelia, from the darker, trippier drum N' bass to dub) just takes you places that "normal," straight dance music can't. It's far less linear, there is so much more room for interpretation to the melody, sounds and arrangement. As was said, synaesthesia is the key. Being able to mainly, see the sounds, while dancing is such an intense experience and it gets you very involved because it's such a personal experience.

As for just psychedelic in the general music sense, I love all music, some of my very favourite music isn't really that psychedelic (Alice In Chains, Slayer, Pantera), but psychedelic music is just great for the reasons I stated above. Listening to Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd or Tool just brings about this extra dimension to the music, it's very non-linear, personal and open to interpretation, practically every time you listen to it. It's kind of like music in 3D. :)

And as for psychedelic outside of a musical sense, it can expand your mind in a sense, it can increase your ability to freely associate and find 'links' to things that may not be superficially connected. I think it can increase a person's artistic awareness and vision, it is a very personal thing, if done properly, psychedelic works (whether they are books, movies, paintings, sculptures, dances, poems, etc.) can bring inspire even more creativity, in a greater number of different perpectives!

Hope this makes sense.... it usually never does when you ask these sorts of questions... ;)

And colours rule too--I tend to notice when I'm on a psychedelic that I can see just about all the colours at once, like I can practically will the colours forth, if I see red in my hands I'll just as easily see green, purple, blue, yellow, etc. It's pretty incredible stuff

Why do I love psychedelic?

First of all the dance music (psy-trance, and other forms of electronic psychedelia, from the darker, trippier drum N' bass to dub) just takes you places that "normal," straight dance music can't.  It's far less linear, there is so much more room for interpretation to the melody, sounds and arrangement.  As was said, synaesthesia is the key.  Being able to mainly, see the sounds, while dancing is such an intense experience and it gets you very involved because it's such a personal experience.

261083[/snapback]

i subscribe to this.

psytrance allows people to use their imagination, to move, to listen. it's not just the beat, its also all those effects and melodies and arrangements generally. it expands people's horizonts.

Guest run lola

i started listening to psychellic trance while running. it used to help me boost my performance.. and it still does . it makes me just forget time, and go on and on. when i reach the end, it 's pure ecstasy.. a rush of adrenaline.

It takes me deep in somewhere, where i got balance with everything... It combines me with many of my friends.. It's like a little trip where you can touch your toughts... See what u feel... Hear what you taste.. It's not like some rockmusic.. It's more deeper. It's me.. Whee.. That was a story! :lol:

i started listening to psychellic trance while running. it used to help me boost my performance.. and it still does . it makes me just forget time, and go on and on. when i reach the end, it 's pure ecstasy.. a rush of adrenaline.

264972[/snapback]

i completly agree, sound is energy too just like light...

in africa they used to hunt elephants by inverting the hearbeat of the animal with a hugeeee drums, causing some sort of heart-attack.... tell me if thats not power

i completly agree, sound is energy too just like light...

in africa they used to hunt elephants by inverting the hearbeat of the animal with a hugeeee drums, causing some sort of heart-attack.... tell me if thats not power

265125[/snapback]

That is evil power but still more human than slaughtering... <_<

That is evil power but still more human than slaughtering... <_<

265129[/snapback]

oh come on, indegenous populations HAD to hunt now and again to keep the belly full... i'm not talking about people with 21st century hanging a few pricess by the chimney... there's a slight difference, IMO. Eitherway my example was meant to be taken a simply a powerful example of the use of such energy...

To keep their belly full with the elephant meat or for making non sense bracelets and jewelery ? They could kill other animals to keep their bellies full. There isn't THAT MANY elephants out there to kill every each one for food, plus they are probably not having elephant farms so they can kill as much as they can...Huh, sorry, man, I get over excited about those things, I know I am crazy...;)