Why you love psychedelic?

MIT

Guest .::E.P

What make you to love it? Feelings? Coulors? Friends and place?

254065[/snapback]

you have something with colors dont you? :P

Because I discovered it at 13 , it was a total blast and total change from the commercial shit I used to listen (or rather , suffer) so far.

At last people who make music for something else than money and they don't give a damn about what people can think about their stuff.

Thought , nowaday this is a bit less the case :/ The touch is a bit lost , and I wonder what could ressurrect the golden age of goa/trance (to me , 1995-1997)

I got into goa/psy through commercial crap like antiloop and later melodic and uplifting trance. Got bored with the shit and bought some progressive goa compilations and artist albums by hallucinogen and astral projection.

Have been into goa for about a year seriously, 2 years since i bought the first cd now.

Unfortunately my legal cd collection is quite slim due to the poor cd-shop and some other problems...

i dunno how to describe what it does exactly... but it s the only type of music that takes me deeper in my own world...

i think it s the most spiritual type of music there is...

254124[/snapback]

i guess thats the same reason for me ... (if someone cares... hehe)

I like music to twist, twirl, play with my brain like a demented machine sucking the grey cells out and spitting them dry on the infinite board of monolith surface. Its psychedelic, mind effect with pitched 303 and 909 makes my blood stream rush and stear my blood in an diabolic way, much more intense than any other musical arrangement. The origin of psychedelic - Bach's psy organ barok madness, very intense deranged feel and evolvement into something absolutely demented and organic. Whole essence of psychedelic is mind bending, mind expanding fantasy world...simply perfect...:)

It was already argumented once that usage of psychedelics actually show you the point of psychedelic music so I have to ressurect that issue again. I completely believe that until you experience psychedelic drug, you haven't heard psychedelic music in the real sense. I was listening to trance music 2 years before I took my first acid in 1997. I thought until that stage I enjoyed and liked this music in the right way. As soon as first smash hit, I was clearly rinsed through the sensory filter and all the sounds and effects I elaborately heard until that moment became more clear, pure and loud. I could hear this music breathe, like the artist themselves made it on psychedelic substances and presented it freely. I felt that this music finally took its true form and was presented in a real, uncovered way. I realised that psychedelic effect START when you actually take psychedelic and that until that second you can normally hear and like music but then, you start to FEEL it, for the first time actually. I know that there are many people that listens to this music without any drugs and I am not saying they can't hear it, but until you actually experience it psychedelically, you only hear the traces of the original message. Original message is hidden inside psychedelic and that is why this music is so magical. Its psychedelic effect takes you directly to other dimension and you are left alone on the field of sounds and colorful landscapes. This music GIVES definition of SYNAESTHESIA and only with psychedelic substances you can actually experience it. Is there anything as good as that ? Not for me...;)

I love it because with most music you just listen to it, but with psy/goa you EXPERIENCE it. It takes you on a journey to new magical places, even with no drugs. But once you combine it with shrooms/acid/dxm (my favs), it's a profound and mind blowing experience. I agree with seraph that until you've experienced a psychedlic drug, it's impossible to fully appreciate psychadelic music (whether it's pink floyd or shpongle). Some psy is almost unrecognizable when your under the influence, because of the way it totally messes with your brain.

Also, it's very layered/complex and it's hard to get sick of it, unlike with other music. In fact, it often takes many listens to fully appreciate a particular song.

about colours... I think I would never liked goa so much if i wasn't "touched" by synaesthesia. The fact to see colours when i listen to psytrance is really one of the reasons why I like it so much, not the only one of course, but i still think it 's important.

about colours... I think I would never liked goa so much if i wasn't "touched" by synaesthesia. The fact to see colours when i listen to psytrance is really one of the reasons why I like it so much, not the only one of course, but i still think it 's important.

255206[/snapback]

True and BTW the most common colour in my synaesthesia experiences with psychedelic trance is purple.

I like music to twist, twirl, play with my brain like a demented machine sucking the grey cells out and spitting them dry on the infinite board of monolith surface. Its psychedelic, mind effect with pitched 303 and 909 makes my blood stream rush and stear my blood in an diabolic way, much more intense than any other musical arrangement.

254404[/snapback]

Indeed... Indeed! And it satisfies a need I have to listen to more sounds. I like the background of psychedelic music. The world it creates, the feelings it makes, and the pure bliss of it beeing perfect for me and who I am!

It was already argumented once that usage of psychedelics actually show you the point of psychedelic music so I have to ressurect that issue again. I completely believe that until you experience psychedelic drug, you haven't heard psychedelic music in the real sense. I was listening to trance music 2 years before I took my first acid in 1997. I thought until that stage I enjoyed and liked this music in the right way. As soon as first smash hit, I was clearly rinsed through the sensory filter and all the sounds and effects I elaborately heard until that moment became more clear, pure and loud. I could hear this music breathe, like the artist themselves made it on psychedelic substances and presented it freely. I felt that this music finally took its true form and was presented in a real, uncovered way. I realised that psychedelic effect START when you actually take psychedelic and that until that second you can normally hear and like music but then, you start to FEEL it, for the first time actually. I know that there are many people that listens to this music without any drugs and I am not saying they can't hear it, but until you actually experience it psychedelically, you only hear the traces of the original message. Original message is hidden inside psychedelic and that is why this music is so magical. Its psychedelic effect takes you directly to other dimension and you are left alone on the field of sounds and colorful landscapes. This music GIVES definition of SYNAESTHESIA and only with psychedelic substances you can actually experience it. Is there anything as good as that ? Not for me...;)

254433[/snapback]

I like music to twist, twirl, play with my brain like a demented machine sucking the grey cells out and spitting them dry on the infinite board of monolith surface. Its psychedelic, mind effect with pitched 303 and 909 makes my blood stream rush and stear my blood in an diabolic way, much more intense than any other musical arrangement.

254404[/snapback]

Indeed... Indeed! And it satisfies a need I have to listen to more sounds. I like the background of psychedelic music. The world it creates, the feelings it makes, and the pure bliss of it beeing perfect for me and who I am!

254433[/snapback]

How may I say this.. Sereph.. I agree with every state you pointed out. I coulnt agree more.

amen!

To bad this tradition of making psychedelic music for the trippers, instead of the partier is slipping away.

Sereph. Have you ever tripped to Shiva Shidapu - Shiva Devotional? Very very nice world young mr. Aizen makes there. Nothing beats artists that creats a world with in their music.

I tend to prefer trippin to good slow minimalistic psychedelic music at 130bpm. I really love the releases of Tatsu Recordings.

Psychedelic's ... Got to love em, with huge respect!

I've always hated commercial RNB with a passion. Seems to me like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of creating music and they're managing to fill my ears with audio shit everyday. This is why I stopped listening to the radio.

So, there's me trying to find music that isn't repetitive, boring and commercialized - I only discovered goa when a friend of mine gave me some Infected Mushroom.

And then I fell in love with the trippy synth lines, complex oriental melodies and pounding rhythms of this style of music.

Y i love goa?

Cause i like psy way of life, I like noncomersial art and i like psyparty people.

Psychedelic is progressing all the time and always interesting for me.

I came to this culture throu another styles of music, and for me, psy contain the best feathers of all world music!