Goa . 1995-2005.Review By XP Voodoo

tbe

just found that text from Xp Voodoo.... interesting

For those who have been there, what's your point of view ?

---------------------

Uff...guys!2 weeks ago I am back in Europe from Tropical Paradise and just now have some ideas how to present Goa review of this year with some dig in the past.

I have been stayed in Goa all last 10 seasons,and Goa changed on my eyes.I remember crazy midd 90's when the huge parties took place each day all over Bardez (Goan province),the time when the people were open,wild and they beleived in Trance-the Message from the Aliens,something new,that came inside their lives,hearts and minds together with the memories of the beaches and seawaves,palms,fisherman boats,cows on the street,sunsets and sunrises on acid,Shiva,and the great gathering of the people with the same mind as yours,hiding themself from the civilzation in the small unexistable(??)south west state of India,The Mother of All.They were still hippies in their phylosophy of life,and they could fly.

Year by year the place became more and more known,cause everyone wanted to come back their,and bring a friends,and the friends of the friends,and to 2000 Goa became already quite touristic place.

Having the best beaches on the cost,cheap working power for buliding resorts,hotels or whatever,and beeng wellprepared for work with foreign tourists,goans,more of whome speaks good english,made a fantastic breaktrough in attracting tourists from allover the world,providing them qalifited and economic service ,building each year dosens of new resorts and hotels,new roads,european food restaurants.

But as we know,the cities kills the jungles.

In beginning of 90s,the only place where the foreigners were staying was the area of Anjuna-Vagator.People who wanted the shanty life went Calangute and Baga side,that were small indian villages that time.Now Calangute and Baga is the center of Nord Goa tourism,full streets of shops,unnormous restaurants and hotels from 2 to 5 Stars.

Ex-quite wild beaches Morgim,Arambol,Palolim,Aswem,where,I remember in 98 we had to go around 3 km to find where to buy a water,now is the highest rated house-for-rent area,with thousands of tourists,who have very far idea about trance,goa-parties,Shiva.Bom or anykind of the things that before few years were known by evryone on the 2nd day of stay in Goa.

So,generally the only part of Goa made the money in 80-90 was Anjuna side.So,the reason that attracked so many freaks (and that were the people who came there)-was the one-best parties in the world with the best (GOA!!!)djs in the world.and all business was about it-taxi,food,chai mamas,bars,bikes,houses.

But the years passed,the hippies of 90's couldnt accept the changes,and slowly dissapeared or changed,arrived a crowd of new millenium,from the places where trancescene was already strong,new generation-more young, more clubby ,more E ,for them trance was different philosophy,and it was just TRANCE.No "GOA",no travelling across India,absorbing a mistical thousand years experience of this beautifull country,no chillum rituals,no tries to learn hindi or understand a Hindu religion(what is ,actually,very hard to make if you stay in Goa-is more Europe now than some European places),and a huge ammount of just-a-tourists started to invade Goa by Plains,Charters,Cars and etc.,developing the wonderfull possibility for Goans all over coast of the state to start to make business,and finally tell "F.O" to the freaks,who never had the money,and because of whom Goan status was NEVERLAND.

So,because of this reason,and also because of many complains from different sides,in 2001 the Goan governement announced a law,that prohibited any loud music in Goa after 22.00.

That was,by my opinion,the moment when real Goa was finished,because this low by its fact broke the main things that made this place so special-NO LOWS HERE!!!FREEDOM!!!MUSIC!!!DANCE!!!NO BARRIERS!!DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!!NOW!!

After that in few years Goa transfered in...a kind of a club...Very big,biggest in the world club,which have its own beaches,roads,resorts,few towns,few spots to make a parties (Each year less and less),restaurants...but club.I dont know if you understand my expression,but that what I feel staying there last years.

In Goa (90s)mostly eveyone wanted to play the music or to make a party.It was not ego,people were attracked by psychedelic effect that this music makes,by the feeling of happyness in the eyes of the people on the dancefloor.Then this people grew up..or maybe they lost the idea...or they started to do ther things in the life,lost enthusiasm,or began to make a money on trance...Some of them are still coming there (o,man,bom shankar...o..yeah...man...parties..I donno..u know,I am with my girlfirend/kid/family/alone but tired/ and i want to stay shanty tis year...u know...relax...beach....u call me one day if u make something really groovy...take my mobile No...).some of that people I see around the world,some are gone in nowhere..

But no one who could produce something good and collect good crowd were left,particulary

I started to make the parties by my own in 2000,exactly for that reasons-the enthusaists were dissapeared,nobody wanted to put the money and loose them(in Goa the parties are/were free and to make it we had to pay sometime around 1000-1500 $,what is really big money for this tme in India),just to make people dance.

I had a group of friends and we had to start to make somathing to keep the spirit of Goa alive.We are making tillthem now,the biggest parties in Goa,even it is a Big Club.I know,that it will never be "LIKE THAT TIME" again,the time,the people,the world changed,but doing the parties,we put all our love to goa-and goatrance,and we are trying keep the roots of it alive.Sometime there are still balsting parties in Goa,and I see,people still can fly.I beleived in this and I still beleive,For this I am keeping doing parties and I will.

About this year...So,it s started weird,and it ,actually was weird.I cant say bad.Not at all.No Good.For sure.Weird,yes.

The parties started around crystmas time,they could be held in 3 places only,which were really disgusting,and first year in Goa it was charged the entrance (My God!!).The parties( lets call it like this)were mostly never visited by foreigners,and it was alsways 70 % Indian tourists,mostly males (brrrr).The rest,actually,were the same tourists,but from Out.(Of everything).

Hilltop( The central point of Crystmas celebration and New Year2000-3000 people,48 hrs .Super party always-I used to make it from 2000 to 2004.This year young goan kids organise it,it was so/so.No real energy.

The first,and maybe the only one real Goa party this year-was the Monkey Walley(Jungles) on 7 Jan.The celebration of Russian Crystmas.I making it for last 4 years as well,because by coincidence,my beautifull 4 years old (now) daughter was born on the same day.So,I doing my best That was really killer.Mistic place,free party,Good sound,decorations,professional djs,so-good music.And like this non stop 24 hrs,finished 22.00 in the night.

The rest few parties were happend after never went longer than 9.00 am.

Then it was couple parties OK.One of we made together with DUDU D-VISION-Star Wars.Finished really early,but beautifull place and decorations.

And then,suddenly,like a thunder in the nice day---BABABABHH!The governement crysis!And they stopped ALL MUSIC in Goa.Only Clubs(2-3.Really bad).

So,in some time we had to adopt it and make a small parties in the chaishop,couple good in Paradiso ( 1 really good one-Dino,Tristan,Ari Linker,me,ZMachine,Pixel,Goblin,Dede.Was great!!!)...here ...there...

Uffff!Yes...It was like this..weird season,guys,here and there.....

I really hope that next year the situation will change.It was already in 2001 when there were no paties,and year later Goa blasted 3 months non stop.

Lets see how it will go.And beleive.What else we gonna do?

That was a kind of a trance report of a little bit dissapointed goadj.

But,guys,Goa have other side.Not trance one.It is still beautifull place ,with wonderfull easy life,no limits or lows,and ,what is more important,anytime,when I am leaving Goa,I always have a memories with me-

of the beaches and seawaves,palms,fisherman boats,cows on the street,sunsets and sunrises on acid,Shiva,and the great gathering of the people with the same mind as me,still well hiding themself from the civilzation in the small unexistable(??)south west state of India,NEVERLAND.

And I am loving it.

ITS BETTER IN GOA

Author : XP Voodoo

• 5 months later...

Well... the guy knows what he is talking about...I was at the Monkey Walley party on 7 Jan. That was a great party.one of the best I have been to in Goa I think. Even tho goa is not the same as before I still love the place :)

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

just found that text from Xp Voodoo.... interesting

For those who have been there, what's your point of view ?

---------------------

Uff...guys!2 weeks ago I am back in Europe from Tropical Paradise and just now have some ideas how to present Goa review of this year with some dig in the past.

I have been stayed in Goa all last 10 seasons,and Goa changed on my eyes.I remember crazy midd 90's when the huge parties took place each day all over Bardez (Goan province),the time when the people were open,wild and they beleived in Trance-the Message from the Aliens,something new,that came inside their lives,hearts and minds together with the memories of the beaches and seawaves,palms,fisherman boats,cows on the street,sunsets and sunrises on acid,Shiva,and the great gathering of the people with the same mind as yours,hiding themself from the civilzation in the small unexistable(??)south west state of India,The Mother of All.They were still hippies in their phylosophy of life,and they could fly.

Year by year the place became more and more known,cause everyone wanted to come back their,and bring a friends,and the friends of the friends,and to 2000 Goa became already quite touristic place.

Having the best beaches on the cost,cheap working power for buliding resorts,hotels or whatever,and beeng wellprepared for work with foreign tourists,goans,more of whome speaks good english,made a fantastic breaktrough in attracting tourists from allover the world,providing them qalifited and economic service ,building each year dosens of new resorts and hotels,new roads,european food restaurants.

But as we know,the cities kills the jungles.

In beginning of 90s,the only place where the foreigners were staying was the area of Anjuna-Vagator.People who wanted the shanty life went Calangute and Baga side,that were small indian villages that time.Now Calangute and Baga is the center of Nord Goa tourism,full streets of shops,unnormous restaurants and hotels from 2 to 5 Stars.

Ex-quite wild beaches Morgim,Arambol,Palolim,Aswem,where,I remember in 98 we had to go around 3 km to find where to buy a water,now is the highest rated house-for-rent area,with thousands of tourists,who have very far idea about trance,goa-parties,Shiva.Bom or anykind of the things that before few years were known by evryone on the 2nd day of stay in Goa.

So,generally the only part of Goa made the money in 80-90 was Anjuna side.So,the reason that attracked so many freaks (and that were the people who came there)-was the one-best parties in the world with the best (GOA!!!)djs in the world.and all business was about it-taxi,food,chai mamas,bars,bikes,houses.

But the years passed,the hippies of 90's couldnt accept the changes,and slowly dissapeared or changed,arrived a crowd of new millenium,from the places where trancescene was already strong,new generation-more young, more clubby ,more E ,for them trance was different philosophy,and it was just TRANCE.No "GOA",no travelling across India,absorbing a mistical thousand years experience of this beautifull country,no chillum rituals,no tries to learn hindi or understand a Hindu religion(what is ,actually,very hard to make if you stay in Goa-is more Europe now than some European places),and a huge ammount of just-a-tourists started to invade Goa by Plains,Charters,Cars and etc.,developing the wonderfull possibility for Goans all over coast of the state to start to make business,and finally tell "F.O" to the freaks,who never had the money,and because of whom Goan status was NEVERLAND.

So,because of this reason,and also because of many complains from different sides,in 2001 the Goan governement announced a law,that prohibited any loud music in Goa after 22.00.

That was,by my opinion,the moment when real Goa was finished,because this low by its fact broke the main things that made this place so special-NO LOWS HERE!!!FREEDOM!!!MUSIC!!!DANCE!!!NO BARRIERS!!DO WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!!NOW!!

After that in few years Goa transfered in...a kind of a club...Very big,biggest in the world club,which have its own beaches,roads,resorts,few towns,few spots to make a parties (Each year less and less),restaurants...but club.I dont know if you understand my expression,but that what I feel staying there last years.

In Goa (90s)mostly eveyone wanted to play the music or to make a party.It was not ego,people were attracked by psychedelic effect that this music makes,by the feeling of happyness in the eyes of the people on the dancefloor.Then this people grew up..or maybe they lost the idea...or they started to do ther things in the life,lost enthusiasm,or began to make a money on trance...Some of them are still coming there (o,man,bom shankar...o..yeah...man...parties..I donno..u know,I am with my girlfirend/kid/family/alone but tired/ and i want to stay shanty tis year...u know...relax...beach....u call me one day if u make something really groovy...take my mobile No...).some of that people I see around the world,some are gone in nowhere..

But no one who could produce something good and collect good crowd were left,particulary

I started to make the parties by my own in 2000,exactly for that reasons-the enthusaists were dissapeared,nobody wanted to put the money and loose them(in Goa the parties are/were free and to make it we had to pay sometime around 1000-1500 $,what is really big money for this tme in India),just to make people dance.

I had a group of friends and we had to start to make somathing to keep the spirit of Goa alive.We are making tillthem now,the biggest parties in Goa,even it is a Big Club.I know,that it will never be "LIKE THAT TIME" again,the time,the people,the world changed,but doing the parties,we put all our love to goa-and goatrance,and we are trying keep the roots of it alive.Sometime there are still balsting parties in Goa,and I see,people still can fly.I beleived in this and I still beleive,For this I am keeping doing parties and I will.

About this year...So,it s started weird,and it ,actually was weird.I cant say bad.Not at all.No Good.For sure.Weird,yes.

The parties started around crystmas time,they could be held in 3 places only,which were really disgusting,and first year in Goa it was charged the entrance (My God!!).The parties( lets call it like this)were mostly never visited by foreigners,and it was alsways 70 % Indian tourists,mostly males (brrrr).The rest,actually,were the same tourists,but from Out.(Of everything).

Hilltop( The central point of Crystmas celebration and New Year2000-3000 people,48 hrs .Super party always-I used to make it from 2000 to 2004.This year young goan kids organise it,it was so/so.No real energy.

The first,and maybe the only one real Goa party this year-was the Monkey Walley(Jungles) on 7 Jan.The celebration of Russian Crystmas.I making it for last 4 years as well,because by coincidence,my beautifull 4 years old (now) daughter was born on the same day.So,I doing my best That was really killer.Mistic place,free party,Good sound,decorations,professional djs,so-good music.And like this non stop 24 hrs,finished 22.00 in the night.

The rest few parties were happend after never went longer than 9.00 am.

Then it was couple parties OK.One of we made together with DUDU D-VISION-Star Wars.Finished really early,but beautifull place and decorations.

And then,suddenly,like a thunder in the nice day---BABABABHH!The governement crysis!And they stopped ALL MUSIC in Goa.Only Clubs(2-3.Really bad).

So,in some time we had to adopt it and make a small parties in the chaishop,couple good in Paradiso ( 1 really good one-Dino,Tristan,Ari Linker,me,ZMachine,Pixel,Goblin,Dede.Was great!!!)...here ...there...

Uffff!Yes...It was like this..weird season,guys,here and there.....

I really hope that next year the situation will change.It was already in 2001 when there were no paties,and year later Goa blasted 3 months non stop.

Lets see how it will go.And beleive.What else we gonna do?

That was a kind of a trance report of a little bit dissapointed goadj.

But,guys,Goa have other side.Not trance one.It is still beautifull place ,with wonderfull easy life,no limits or lows,and ,what is more important,anytime,when I am leaving Goa,I always have a memories with me-

of the beaches and seawaves,palms,fisherman boats,cows on the street,sunsets and sunrises on acid,Shiva,and the great gathering of the people with the same mind as me,still well hiding themself from the civilzation in the small unexistable(??)south west state of India,NEVERLAND.

And I am loving it.

ITS BETTER IN GOA

Author : XP Voodoo

254018[/snapback]