Infected Mushroom live?

travbrad1001

Has anyone seen IM live lately? Are they still good live? Their last cd had some fluff on it, and i was wondering if they still kick ass live, or do they play trance kinda stuff?

They are coming to America soon (although it's a 10 hour drive :/) and i don't want to miss this rare oppourtunity. There is no psy/goa scene whatsoever in the States

Has anyone seen IM live lately?  Are they still good live? Their last cd had some fluff on it, and i was wondering if they still kick ass live, or do they play trance kinda stuff?

They are coming to America soon (although it's a 10 hour drive :/) and i don't want to miss this rare oppourtunity.  There is no psy/goa scene whatsoever in the States

253175[/snapback]

I'v seen them live twice, first time was after the release of CV, and last time was after the release of IM The Supervisor. Reason for them making "fluffy" music now, is to make more "crowd" pleaser sound. Party party, not so much trippy trippy. So yes, they are playing "crap" music live.

They are not comming to America, they are living there, LA, California. Gonna make some more money music. We'll see.

i saw them twice within the last 6 months.......

once before the release of I m the supervisor... and the other for New year's eve (after the release)

their music changed quite a lot from the old IM we were used to... but i think it has become party music... i dont personally hate the new album.. cuz i think it s got a good vibe to DANCE to... but i wouldn t actualy listen to this album at home...

i know they are coming back here on june 10th (montreal) and i ll probably go... since i know they still play old stuff....... i m 95% sure u ll hear psycho/dracul/deeply disturbed/dream theater .... and some of their old classics... they played em both times i saw their live show and these are the songs that the crowd usualy reacts to the most...

hope this helped

since i know they still play old stuff....... i m 95% sure u ll hear    psycho/dracul/deeply disturbed/dream theater .... and some of their old classics... they played em both times i saw their live show

253230[/snapback]

they only played new tracks when I saw them (they usaly only play from the new albums live).. damn it!! I want to experience old IM live!

they only played new tracks when I saw them (they usaly only play from the new albums live).. damn it!! I want to experience old IM live!

253380[/snapback]

in fact... i think the tracks they pretty much play all the time now are

from new album: I m the supervisor , Cities of the future

old : I wish , Dracul, Psycho,Deeply disturbed, Bust a move

i dont think they d play live without these tracks hehe...

in fact.. here are old IM videos from that club they always come to in montreal

http://www.aria-nightclub.com/

multimedia section browse around ... there are a few videos from old live sets if u like them... (i know the last video from the 3rd section is a 10min long live video from infected)

well, the last time i saw infected mushroom in a live preformence was in the launch party of the album- Im the suprevisor. that was on october 2004

it was realy grate.... yes, they still kickass in live shows.... but the best live show i saw was in the love parade in tel aviv 2003. They played tracks from classical mushroom, BP Empire and converting vegeterians. the even did a version of deeply distured with classical musicians.... what a crazy party that was!!

They are coming to America soon (although it's a 10 hour drive :/) and i don't want to miss this rare oppourtunity.  There is no psy/goa scene whatsoever in the States

253175[/snapback]

hmm.. where are you at in the states that you don't have a psy scene?

you know, IM usually tours the States at least twice a year.. prolly more now that they're based in LA.

well, the last time i saw infected mushroom in a live preformence was in the launch party of the album- Im the suprevisor. that was on october 2004

it was realy grate.... yes, they still kickass in live shows.... but the best live show i saw was in the love parade in tel aviv 2003. They played tracks from classical mushroom, BP Empire and converting vegeterians. the even did a version of deeply distured with classical musicians.... what a crazy party that was!!

253402[/snapback]

Yep been there as well. They played only the new tunes (last 2 albums) which sucked, but i had a great time none the less. Always improvising live and giving a real show unlike all the other laptop performers.

They suck live now...Their latest installement IM THE SUPERVISOR is dreadful live...They played only 3 tracks total from first 3 albums and the rest was actually pop influenced live act and I suggest you not even to bother no matter cause there is no trance in the states...sorry...10 hours drive for 2 boring hours is not enough...sorry for no good words, I am just realistic... ;)

Wow I'm confused now. It seems about half of you think it's more pop/trancy stuff now, and about half think they still have great psychadelic madness.

Do they play more psy type stuff some shows than others? If so, they'd probably play their crappy music in the states, being that people in states seem to like things as commercial/poppy as possible. :/

It would suck driving 10 hours to see a show that MIGHT be good

hmm.. where are you at in the states that you don't have a psy scene?

253464[/snapback]

I live in Minnesota, so there is really no psy scene at all. Even the regular trance scene here is very small, so psy is nonexistant

I'm seen them live twice... Once after BP Empire and once after CV... Both times they played mostly new stuff - from the newest album... And only the last 2-3 tracks were old classics... So there's a good chance they'll do Supervisor tracks for the most part, and perhaps finish off with a couple of old classics... Not worth a ten hour drive IMO...

DP

well it depends if u like their latest albums...

i don't so i don't bother with them anymore ( i have seen them 3 times)

but if u like the new tunes, i would suggest u go..

they will play few old tracks but vast majority will be new stuff...

btw there is a nice scene in NY, san francisco (where i live), LA, etc..

so there is psy in the US... and Im doesn't play differently in the US to my knowledge..

i saw them in france and they played similar stuff...

screw the doomsayers!

if YOU enjoy them (even if the last album was sub-par) go and see em and judge for yourself!

i saw them back in January and despite my dislike of the last album, they still rocked it pretty hard and they crowd loved it and a blast was had by all.

i'll continue to see em if they come around here (san francisco).

go! enjoy! dance!

HEY travbrad1001 - i used to live in Minneapolis myself - I just moved out to San Francisco a little under 2 years ago, so i completly understand your frustration with the complete lack of psy out there.

i assume you are contemplating Chicago to see em?

dude. DO IT!

i used to travel to Milwaukee and Chicago to see electronic and psychedelic bands all the time. Ozric Tentacles, Eat Static, Banco De Gaia, The Orb.

and it isn't a 10 hour drive. you can do it in 6 to 8 easily. i have driven that stretch of 94 so many times it hurts to think about it.

anyhow - if you can afford the time and the gas money, do it and go and have fun, because you KNOW they aren't coming to Minnesota anytime soon, and you might as well catch them while they are still at least playing some cool stuff.

by the way - psytrace scene out here is great... (and it doesn't snow!)

I wouldn't drive for 10 hours to see Infected, even if it was their last live ever.....!!

I've seen them too many times in the past and i'm not really satisfied from the last lives i've seen...!! I fact i wont go, even if they come in Athens again, and i have to walk to the club....!!

travbrad1001 if you like them, and you think it woths the long driving go for it......and give us a review after....!!

:)

Saw them last October and it was just GREAT! They only played songs from the newest album (ok, that was a downer because I love Classical Mushroom like no other album) but they sure rock live! I would recommend you to see them, at least if you like their last album.