I have a problem with my PC memory.

(SORRY FOR THE FIRST POST!!!) Hi Psy.People :)

I have a problem with the memory.

i have a Hp laptop, intel centrino, 60 GB in hard disk, 512 MB of memory with WinXP home edition, and i use Cubase SX.

When i want to use a instrument like Z3ta+ the pc get satured (sorry my bad english :P )

and the "Vst performance" get red. only with one VST!!!! :blink:

But is only with some VST's...

i dont know why :blink: When i open Cubase is the only aplication working in the PC.

What i can do? ...Thanks :)

Try increasing the audio latancy.    So if it reads something like 5ms try increasing it to 10ms, or even higher.

Sorry I don't know cubase so I can't tell you where the settings are located.

Andy

253059[/snapback]

Ok thanks M8 i'll try it! :)

Try increasing the audio latancy.    So if it reads something like 5ms try increasing it to 10ms, or even higher.

Sorry I don't know cubase so I can't tell you where the settings are located.

Andy

253059[/snapback]

i can't change the latency. :(

This is the reason because i can't change the latency...

What i can do. I have 512 MB of memory, i need to get more?

only with one VST, cubase get satured! :blink:

What processor have you got, and what sound card?

You really need a powerful laptop if you'd like to make music on it. 512MB of ram shouldn't be a problem with only 1 VST. You also need at least a half decent soundcard with a laptop. Centrino's are built mainly for office programs and playing media.

I used a PIII 850Mhz with 256Mb for many years, and it will do the job with a bit of bouncing and being sparse with the latest most power hungry plugins.

I can run quite a few z3+a anyway before it craps out on me.

But the internal soundcards can have drivers that is not so happy with many sequencers and in that case you might need an external soundcard.

Some cheap laptops have very bad handeling of audio in general.

I would only buy laptop and soundcard to go with eachother after checking somewhere that there is people using the same machine, soundcard and sequencer combo as you plan to use.

What I do first with a computer if it run bad.

Get the latest drivers, and maybe even BIOS.

Back up data you need to keep.

Reformat the windows installation partition and reinstall XP from scratch.

Install drivers.

With XP i'd say tweaking is a must if you dont have a top spec computer.

Check out www.musicxp.com for example and go thru the steps there.

If it don't work ok now, try disabeling services you don't need and experiment with different settings.

My laptop for example I almost gave up on being able to use for audio until i tried without APM enabled in the power options.

It's so stable running Logic that I can bring a track out and play the logic arrangement on a live gig.

Just gonna post this one, in this thread too:

Dunno if it's a mem-problem, but try and check the memory anyway - fx. use the memtest86 - it's a Linux-based small application you can download on the web, burn the image to cd and boot from the cd - it could help you figure out, whether you've got faulty ram or not.

Lars

http://www.memtest86.com/

What processor have you got, and what sound card?

You really need a powerful laptop if you'd like to make music on it. 512MB of ram shouldn't be a problem with only 1 VST. You also need at least a half decent soundcard with a laptop. Centrino's are built mainly for office programs and playing media.

253210[/snapback]

i have the default sound card of my lap-top :P

but soon, i'll buy a sound card.

can you tell me where i can find good info. about?

I used a PIII 850Mhz with 256Mb for many years, and it will do the job with a bit of bouncing and being sparse with the latest most power hungry plugins.

I can run quite a few z3+a anyway before it craps out on me.

But the internal soundcards can have drivers that is not so happy with many sequencers and in that case you might need an external soundcard.

Some cheap laptops have very bad handeling of audio in general.

I would only buy laptop and soundcard to go with eachother after checking somewhere that there is people using the same machine, soundcard and sequencer combo as you plan to use.

What I do first with a computer if it run bad.

Get the latest drivers, and maybe even BIOS.

Back up data you need to keep.

Reformat the windows installation partition and reinstall XP from scratch.

Install drivers.

With XP i'd say tweaking is a must if you dont have a top spec computer.

Check out www.musicxp.com for example and go thru the steps there.

If it don't work ok now, try disabeling services you don't need and experiment with different settings.

My laptop for example I almost gave up on being able to use for audio until i tried without APM enabled in the power options.

It's so stable running Logic that I can bring a track out and play the logic arrangement on a live gig.

253273[/snapback]

Thanks M8...

i found the problem, i had a Fx VST in a "master channel" (in the mixer).

when i removed it, the memory works right. (sorry my bad english :blink: ).

now i can run more vst's in the same time :) but what happens if i need to add a vst in the "master channel"? i'll do it when i finish the track :P .

anyway, i need more memory or 512 MB is enough?