im happy! theres a new rinkadink album!

dee

Rinkadinks first album was indeed very fresh when it was released; hard and dance friendly, occasionally uplifting and above all with a very funky sense of humour. Definitely one of my favourite full on albums released last year.

If it’s just half as good as the first one, it will easily top 90% of the full on I’ve heard so far this year.

I didn't like the first one so much, there was 3 good trax but the rest sounded same and repetitive. So, I don't care about the new one... :o

Guest Rain

I'm interested didn't like the first album that much but didn't gave it any attention so :unsure: ...

I know rinkadink is good telling a story by using psychedelic sounds and basslines so this one I certainly will give a shot :)

I didn't like the first one so much, there was 3 good trax but the rest sounded same and repetitive. So, I don't care about the new one... :o

252924[/snapback]

yes, rinkadink is overrated

Guest antic

Judging by the samples, I think it's gonna be worse than the first one. That one was pretty good with few really great tunes (Cabbage a'la Tetradink & Tune From Childhood especially), but it was indeed kind of repetitive in places... Seems the new one is very similar :(

I am pretty buzzed about this album as well.

I thought his first album was quite brilliant.

It may not be 100% killer dance floor fodder, but it is such a creative, energetic and wholly original album.

And it works as a "whole album" - not just a collection of tracks. I enjoy that aspect immensly.

I am surprised by the animosity I hear from some people towards it - but I guess there is no pleasing some people.

One of the things I really enjoy about RFD, aside from interesting song structure, is the use of different drum sounds and samples.

So much of what I hear these days all sounds like it was crapped out by a gameboy on auto-pilot, so it was very refreshing to me to hear someone gathering varied and un-used sounds and crafting them into a very intelligent and interesting piece of work.

Oh well - I hear there is a new Backstreet Boys album out soon - that should make some people happy. :blink:

Guest antic

I am surprised by the animosity I hear from some people towards it - but I guess there is no pleasing some people.

[sarcasm] I am surprised that some people like the albums I don't. Everybody should think the way I do!!! [/sarcasm]

But you do have some point. First thing that struck me about RFD was how different it sounded. The second thing, was the musical content, especially on tracks like "Cabbage..." (almost cheesy bass-line changes) or "Pacific..." or "Tune..." which was totally awesome and for me the best track on the CD. On the other hand there are tracks like "Syntax..." and "Hope..." that were annoying to my ears to say the least.

I agree it's much above average, but nowadays the "average" level is very low :(

I love the first one. And I also bought the new one. But I couldn't wait so I downloaded it a day ago. It's typical Rinkadink. No big changes. It's certainly ALOT better than other full on. I think his first one is slightly better. But thats maybe because you are used to his sound now.

Heh I hated his first album. It sounded like he taken a whole heap of synths and put them in a blender. My ears did not appreciate the result. However the new album is great. Sounds alot more polished. I really like the new album.