WTB Ubar Tmar - Fusions

Fugpuggler

Have you guys even heard it? It's really not that good. Not that I'm selling mine, but still... It's fairly mediocre.

253762[/snapback]

its all a matter of taste... but yeah i heard it, i friend of mine had a copy plus i heard some mp3 samples ;)

like other albums... i find some track better than the others on this album

some i realy like, some r just ok

whos to say whats good or not? this guy brings us an original vision of total insanity. and no one ive heard paints an atmosphere anywhere near like ubar does. there may be some dimensions to his music that pale in comparision to the rest of the psy scene, but i see the mood and feeling of irretreivable madness and permafryzation, that no one else comes close to matching, and thats the kind of originality i love! its the atmosphere the music paints that i look for, and i see a new perspective of life in so much new music, and im not sure why so many people dont like every kind of music, its your one life! theres so many emotions to experience that all types of music correspond to!! dont die with a limited bigoted perspective of the "best type" of music... they must be obsessed on some certian fixed aspect of their little narrow vision of musical beauty... best or worst has absolutely NO meaning as long as an artist is original in emotion! and theres far too many emotions AND in combinations that are all nice to experience. and i got into psytrance in the first place to hear new weird trippy ass feelings, not just cause i like trance or electronica. anyway, it just confuses me how anyone can say this stuff is only mediocre when theres nothin else in terms of emotion that you can compare this too. maybe ubar doesnt have the technical geniosity of simon, but ubar doesnt even want to portray a common psy emotion that simon does anyway, he relies more on CRAZY sounds and schizophrenic (or weirdass mathematical) rythms and progressions, and hence, i cannot say hes better or worse since i have no one else to compare to! and thats why i like ubar! he taps into the insane dimension that ive yet to hear anyone else come close to. but if any of you know who does it better in the freakishly silly way ubar does, please lemme know!

Yeah if there's one album I'd like to have it's this one! :)

The best goa album ever in my opinion...just ouh... I'm out of words here! :>

Ubar Tmar just does it the way no one else does :)

This gets a bit off topic, but I felt a lot of it was directed directly at me, so I'll reply here anywhere.

whos to say whats good or not? this guy brings us an original vision of total insanity. and no one ive heard paints an atmosphere anywhere near like ubar does. there may be some dimensions to his music that pale in comparision to the rest of the psy scene, but i see the mood and feeling of irretreivable madness and permafryzation, that no one else comes close to matching, and thats the kind of originality i love!

254432[/snapback]

You are prefectly entitled to you opinion, but I don't think this is as original as you say. The production leaves a lot to be desired technically as well, hence my opinion that it's a mediocre album.

its the atmosphere the music paints that i look for, and i see a new perspective of life in so much new music, and im not sure why so many people dont like every kind of music, its your one life! theres so many emotions to experience that all types of music correspond to!! dont die with a limited bigoted perspective of the "best type" of music... they must be obsessed on some certian fixed aspect of their little narrow vision of musical beauty...

254432[/snapback]

While this may be meant in a broader context and not specifically diercted at me, you look sort of silly saying this in a reply to me. I assure you that my record collection goes far beyond the ordinary in terms of diversity, both sonically and emotionally. I may be a goa collector, but I'm no one-trick pony.

My statement about this particular album is certainly not based on some naive idea that there is only one "proper" path of goa trance and that this deviated from it too much. It's based on over 10 years of listening to this type of music and having a fairly huge collection - against that background I can safely say that from my perspective this album fails to deliver on its emotional promises and that it's technically flawed to the point where I found that the production (into which I count the sounds chosen, etc) was a distraction at some points.

best or worst has absolutely NO meaning as long as an artist is original in emotion! and theres far too many emotions AND in combinations that are all nice to experience. and i got into psytrance in the first place to hear new weird trippy ass feelings, not  just cause i like trance or electronica. anyway, it just confuses me how anyone can say this stuff is only mediocre when theres nothin else in terms of emotion that you can compare this too.

254432[/snapback]

Again, I beg to differ. It's certainly not standard-formula goa trance, but to me, this seems to be just as much the result of lacking skills as of an alternative musical vision of behalf of the composer. And in terms of it's emotional content - while I have no way of knowing for sure what you find in this album, to me it is not nearly as unique as you seem to think. Either we hear different things, or you haevn't heard as much of this music as I have.

maybe ubar doesnt have the technical geniosity of simon, but ubar doesnt even want to portray a common psy emotion that simon does anyway, he relies more on CRAZY sounds and schizophrenic (or weirdass mathematical) rythms and progressions, and hence, i cannot say hes better or worse since i have no one else to compare to! and thats why i like ubar! he taps into the insane dimension that ive yet to hear anyone else come close to. but if any of you know who does it better in the freakishly silly way ubar does, please lemme know!

254432[/snapback]

OK, here's one for you: Koxbox - "Dragon Tales". Differents sounds, but keys, structures and song arrangements are not that different if you pay attention.

And in later albums, Ubar Tmar had a much clearer "vision" and better technical execution (especially in terms of the mathematical aspects of his music), so I'm not saying he's a talentless piece of crap - it's just that this, his first album, sounds a bit immature to me. If you or anyone else find it rewarding then thats great, but if people are hunting this just because it's rare I think they'll be disappointed, and thats why I posted here in the first place.

Either we hear different things, or you haevn't heard as much of this music as I have.

254510[/snapback]

Ouch, dangerous thing to say, I don't think the amount of music makes someone have more right then anyone else?(tastes you know)

Like you know I have like 700 original old school cds myself so I heard alot of trance too last 7 years, but even I have to say this is extremely original music, it's like you are stuck in a nintendo pinball game. Just like some other early Japanese releases (Masa, TTT releases)

It's not a mindblowing release I think but it has some very good tracks (Tale of Taketori!!!) and it's for sure a collectors item as it is extremely original and psychedelic

Ouch, dangerous thing to say, I don't think the amount of music makes someone have more right then anyone else?(tastes you know)

254737[/snapback]

That's not at all what I was saying - rather, I mean that someone who's heard 10000 tracks has a better chance of finding stuff similar to this ubar tmar album than someone who's heard 1000 tracks. Wouldn't you agree?

Like you know I have like 700 original old school cds myself so I heard alot of trance too last 7 years, but even I have to say this is extremely original music, it's like you are stuck in a nintendo pinball game. Just like some other early Japanese releases (Masa, TTT releases)

It's not a mindblowing release I think but it has some very good tracks (Tale of Taketori!!!) and it's for sure a collectors item as it is extremely original and psychedelic

254737[/snapback]

Here it's more a matter of taste - and obviously my statements are my opinion and not facts set in stone. I even pointed this out several times. If you enjoy it, thats great for you! However, to my ears it seems that the uniqueness of this album is in equal parts due to his musical ideas and to their poor execution.

It's not a horrible album, not at all, thats not what I'm saying. But I don't think it deserves the praise from fugpuggler, for example. If you've only heard Astral Projection, then that review makes sense, but it's not really all that amazing and not even as totally unique as some people appear to claim. So when people here appeared to be stoked about it I wanted to point out that it's not some totally amazing forgotten treasure - it's a goa trance album. Some neat ideas and it doesn't sound excactly like everything else, but then there were very many such albums.

yes, and they wont sell anything, they just give a link to saikosounds or some other places that dont have it

255900[/snapback]

did you mail them? if you didn't, then it might be worth it. if you did, i doubt it's because they won't sell it, it'll be because they don't have it.