New track with new monitors. Video Nasty

Sounds like that investment payed off!

Won't comment on the style/melodies etc. because they are your vision.... don't let my taste in music lead you astray! Very "infected" bassline I must say tho...

But crispy sounds dude! I played it on my work mac with bulit-in mono speaker and it sounds fantastic! Small mono speaker is the ultimate test of your final mix!

so well done. smart purchase!

good luck and keep on rocking!

Wicked Iains heading of to Glade. We'll all have to turn up tune in and geek out.

I'm still struggeling with the bass on this one. Boosting it cutting is listening to it up side down. :blink: Can't seem to find the right level for it at the moment. My head is feeling dun in over it infact. Theres so many other things I could have gotten done today but....phnerggg? :P

In that case you should leave it alone for a while .... come back to once your brain is clear ......

Its possible to focus on a tune so much that its becomes impossible to get it out of your own head ..... time to step back ......

If you leave it a few days I'm sure the problems will easier to solve with fresher ears !!!

Defo hook up at the glade though man !! look forward to it !!!

The secret is, and keep this to your self. Once you have been making music for a couple of years a strange man turns up and hands you a box, which turns any noise in to a better one. All you have to do is singe this little contract. I didn’t read the contract fully. Something about my soul being the property of the 1st party after I have finished with it. Mainly just legal jargon.

Like it very much m8, gr8 work! What are you using to produce your bassline if I may ask (just wondering). Good work on the production but I like the tune too. To tell the truth I don't like the piano samples you're using all that much - I'm sure you can find better ones. Or at least throw some reverb onto ithe channel. Otherwise, like I said - gr8 work! I'm sure it'll sell once ur done with it.

Like it very much m8, gr8 work! What are you using to produce your bassline if I may ask (just wondering). Good work on the production but I like the tune too. To tell the truth I don't like the piano samples you're using all that much - I'm sure you can find better ones. Or at least throw some reverb onto ithe channel. Otherwise, like I said - gr8 work! I'm sure it'll sell once ur done with it.

252904[/snapback]

Cheers mate. I'm useing a 838 freebass analouge rack synth for the bass line. Its my bros but he hasn't used it in years. As for the pianos I have great news. Today I'm going to pick up an upright piano the I won on Ebay for 99p Wow. Now all I have to do it get hold of a couple of good mics and I should be sorted. :)

Cheers mate.  I'm useing a 838 freebass analouge rack synth for the bass line.  Its my bros but he hasn't used it in years.  As for the pianos I have great news.  Today I'm going to pick up an upright piano the I won on Ebay for 99p Wow.  Now all I have to do it get hold of a couple of good mics and I should be sorted. :)

252920[/snapback]

Wickid! Wot a score! I luv ebay :P

hah, parts of this song reek of Infected Mushroom,

bassline, beat, piano, voice synths, (4:47 seems very IM)

but that's ok, cuz the song is very nice, and it's not like Infected's style is reproduced by millions of producers worldwide (unlike lots of psy out there), so you still have an original feeling to it.

I didn't like the begining to much, but when the elements began to come together and form the song, it became a very nice listening experience. The mastering on this track is very nice...

what monitors are you using? I've been meaning to get some good monitors to replace the cheap edirols I'm using, but I don't wanna fork more than $300

Hello Strifer. Glade you could hear some originality in there. IM were a large part of my musical induction to Psy in general but my tastes have broadened dramatically over the years and my music is bound to follow.

The monitors I'm using are Alesis M1 MK2 I bought them as part of a stock clearance at turnkey.co.uk for £199.00 GBsterling that’s about 379.45 USD there are usually £225.00. You can find them on Ebay cheaper but I wanted warranty for them.

The bass is handled a little funny but it is accurate If you are looking at getting something cheap I would sagest ebay or look around for a deal. The US online stores seem to be cheaper anyway. I would have gotten some from there but they don’t deliver out side the US if that’s where you are then you should be OK.

P.S. I got the Piano inside I just have to rebuild the wall now. Woops

P.S.  I got the Piano inside I just have to rebuild the wall now.  Woops

253104[/snapback]

:lol::P:lol:

Nice track !!!

Wich equips and progs did you use ?? (Wich VST ?)

253606[/snapback]

Hello skakaka I'm useing Logic 5.5 a 383 fat freebass for the bass sound the yamaha cs1x for piano and vst are z3ta for the organ vangusrd for leads n stuff slayer through gutair rig drum samps thorugh the esx24 ummm and i think thats it of the top of my head. Happy you liked the tune :)