How do you sync/midi two computers together ?

Say I want to use two computers each running a version of fruity loops. Say I have no midi inputs on my souncard, say i have two laptops and i want to run them in sync with each other. is there a way of doing it with network cables( or usb), somone told me there was a prgram that makes a network cable imitate a midi cable. Anyone know of it ???

(ummm... stupid post removed) heheheh.

Say I want to use two computers each running a version of fruity loops. Say I have no midi inputs on my souncard, say i have two laptops and i want to run them in sync with each other. is there a way of doing it with network cables( or usb), somone told me there was a prgram that makes a network cable imitate  a midi cable. Anyone know of it ???

250851[/snapback]

Its called MIDIOverLAN:

http://www.musiclab.com/products/rpl_info.htm

Heavy days! I couldn't believe this was for real until I skimmed it over.

That's actually really handy. Say you wanna use Logic, but you're dying to use VB1 from cubase in ur song (juuust for instance ok). You can hook ur mac up to somebodies PC and run the midi interface thru Cubase. Am I getting this right?

Would never have thought it necessary but hey! There are people who want to do anything and everything in this world.

Does midi over lan realy work then? When ever ive tried to sync 2 "PCs" , the results were very much disapointing.....the slave pc always ran out of sync no matter what i tryed. I dont remember having these types of problems on my old atari....so does midi via over lan work? :blink:

• 6 years later...

jesus krist! u just need 2 midi interfaces one for each computer get a midi cable and dont forget to sync them!

dont forget to put one as master other one as slave and there u go , happy days.

also depends on what kinda software ur using etc but im not gettin into that.