3. My life is a trip

4. Strange day

5. Order the future

6. R u coming ?

7. Silly rabbit

8. Who am I

9. Mutants r faster than u

10. Wake up your satisfaction

Some really good melodies here, especially toward the end of the lp. I think I need to here it played out and loud before I could give a final view though.

• 4 months later...

DROIDLOCK - ELEFANTRONIKA

WIRIKUTA

1. THIS WORLD ISN'T REAL

2. JUST ANOTHER SIMULATION

3. MY LIFE IS A TRIP

4. STRANGE DAY

5. ORDER THE FUTURE

6. R U COMING ?

7. SILLY RABBIT

8. WHO M I ?

9. MUTANTS R FASTER THAN U

10.WAKE UP YOUR SATISFACTION

Here is the second album by Droidlock, and I have to say that the guy returned to the old psy style.

He managed to perfectly blend the old school feel with new production and sonic psychedelic juicyness we all miss these days. We are talking about year 2005 and creamy psychedelia that I personally missed so much.

THIS WORLD ISN'T REAL is a nice opener, discreet stomping bassline is there, having bunch of wacked effects and acid lines through whole track. It sounds like perfect song made back in 1999 with streaming melodies that are so familiar cause it mostly reminds on some goa stuff.

JUST ANOTHER SIMULATION is also wicked, a bit more in new style of making psychedelia but it has many spooky sounds and noises and of course unforgettable acid lines through the track, chewy stuff...

MY LIFE IS A TRIP sounds more experimental but also rather MENTAL. Here he designed the sound entirely in new manner and decided to give a rest to old school sound...very good track...

STRANGE DAY goes back to old school and it has demented noises and sounds all around, before amazing melody comes in and you are sucked IN, man, it's great ! One of the betetr ones on album.

ORDER THE FUTURE has amazing beginning, it is fast, stomping and very psychedelic. He again used acid melodic lines and it is all for tripping. Hehee, finally someone to make this kind of album in 2005 ! Another favourite.

R U COMING ? continues in new style, there are still similar sounds as used on whole album but it doesn't matter cause the guy knows how to ride your brain and he doesn't stop !

SILLY RABBIT is also very psychedelic, a bit slower but it continues the flow of the album pretty good, having again demented noises that don't let you go from tripping.

WHO M I ? goes more nasty and evil, it has many psycho acid melodies and rather funky feel. It sounds like psychedelic circus song, pretty funny.

MUTANTS R FASTER THAN U simply continues the flow with similar melodies and sounds as whole album so someone might be turned off by this, but I quite enjoyed it as a whole...

WAKE UP YOUR SATISFACTION finishes the album and it is now the same track as the previous ones, he could have changed at least some sounds...

All in all, this is good album for the 'lost' trippers that hardly waited for some true psychedelic album after such a long time of full on and progressive mania...8/10

I can't make my mind up on this one... I purchased it because it was different, and does indeed possess a psychedelic character... I think I might not be so down with it because of the production value and lack of layers however... but like I say, I don't quite know. Still figuring it out.

• 2 weeks later...

The tracklist from the actual sleeve is...

1) This world isn't real

2) Just another simulation

3) Order the future

4) My life is a trip

5) Strange day

6) R u coming ?

7) Silly rabbit

8) Who m I?

9) Mutants r faster than u

10) Wake up your satisfaction

You have 3,4,5 ass about. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

DRIODLOCK - ELEFANTRONIKA

Elefantronika is one of the better, if not best psytrance albums of 2005. It has a pretty good amount of melodies; it's psychedelic, and while several tracks seem so-so (fillers?) there are some very good songs here, (some great melodies) especially in the first half! Going through each of the tracks...

This world isnt real - Fast, cool clicks, beats, sounds, and a fairly catchy tune wrapped in psychedelics... a pretty good way to start off the album before the better tracks arrive. I like those whirling noises like wind that is mixed into the song occasionally. B-

Just Another Simulation has parts that almost sounds goa-ish for me! all those melodies and all. Around 2:52 introduces some nice melodies that stand out... the harsh, radio voices samples.. this is a song that, (around the halfway part) developes further with some fresh sounds and catchy melodies on top of what was created before. The song stays entertaining throughout.

Order The Future is VERY cool and full of energy. This is one of the best tracks on the album! Can this artist PLEASE make a follow-up album with all really good/great songs like this one, the several before this one, and Strange Days especially?? That would really be great if he did! :)

My Life Is A Trip is not nearly as good as the song that follows or the three previous ones before it. Nevertheless it's not bad, but it's not THAT good IMHO either, and it doesn't take off (that would be the next track) or travel to any place arresting to me. It's got a hard kickdrum, some nice melodic bits and psychedelic sounds too, but after the half way point, it gets repetitive.

Strange Day is arguably the best song on the album. The track with the woman echoed voices going .. "Very... very.. very..." and a decent amount of high pitched, catchy melodic bits all blending very well. Then, a super cool melody is dropped on top of everything which REALLY tops things.. More creative, catchy melodies would have been great if incorporated nto several of the later tracks on the album.

R U Coming? ... it's cool, compared to the last track I was hoping for more.

Silly Rabbit ... Some cool drums mixed in, more subtle. It's not a fave though. At this point I'm looking for some other great or arresting moment, like in Strange Day.

Who Am I? - The "slows down" before speeding up approach is cool. Some cool drums mixed in and whispering voices give a nice touch and add character to a song that could have used more maybe.

Mutants r faster than u ... The album has showed it's most colorful flavors by this point, or sooner. This sounds kinda laid back in it's structure, design. The best tracks have already came and gone, and compared to some others, I consider this a filler.

Wake up Your Satisfaction is okay. A more strong, maybe super psy- downtempo song or something more unexpected would have been nice to create a more distinct and unique, memorable closing. Oh well. <_<

The overall album is well done. The best tracks and parts seem to be in the first half of the album. From what I've read, other listeners seem to agree. The album has much more positive than negative for what I consider both. I agree with Seraph that it would have been nice if he ended the album differently, as opposed to with a song similar to the others. Still not a bad final song, just at this point we realize the album has reached it's peek and now it's over. There are some really good songs here that are psychedelic, melodic, and fun to listen to. Elefantronika is a big improvement over Phonic for a Replicant. which I believe was the name for Droidlocks debut.

Regarding some comments above about the tracklist. Someone really messed up. The same sample title for the song, Strange Day on Saikosounds is the same sample in the song, "Order the Future" on psyshop. Which song is which?!! :huh: Both of their tracklistings (saiko and psyshop) are different to date. That's kinda annoying. ;)

BEST TRACKS:

1. THIS WORLD ISN'T REAL ... B-

2. JUST ANOTHER SIMULATION ... B

4. STRANGE DAY ... B+

5. ORDER THE FUTURE ... B

Overall Score: B- or 8/10.

Samples: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/show_ar...p?artist_id=895

• 2 months later...

hey where did the original review of this album go??? I'm sure there were a LOT more reviews than just 1??? Problems with the database? ah well, anyway:

Droidlock comes with their second full album. The first one I found quite forgettable but this time around there's a complete change in style: basically oldschool melodies with a dark psy bassline!!! It is a DREAM to listen to!!! I heard some complain that the tracks don't have enough layers but then again, darkish music works best when it's kindof monotonous so for me it does the trick just perfectly in the dark tracks (first half of the album). BUT the problem is that on the second half of the album Droidlock tries out the same forula but with uplifting melodies instead of dark. And there the result is a lot less apealing. Some melodies (ie. the one in Silly Rabbit ) are just plain stupid... Too bad cause they bring down the quality of the whole album.

7/10 (or more like 10/10 for the first 6 tracks and 5/10 for the rest...)

anyway I'd definatley recomend this album to oldschoolers as well as to those finding that the dark psy genre is lacking innovation latley :)

• 9 years later...

ZjbP844.jpg

Artist: Droidlock

Title: Elefantronika

Label: Wirikuta Recordings

Date: April, 2005

1) This world isn't real
2) Just another simulation
3) Order the future
4) My life is a trip
5) Strange day
6) R u coming ?
7) Silly rabbit
8) Who m I?
9) Mutants r faster than u
10) Wake up your satisfaction

Here is a representation of Damien Vergnaud's first album High Phonic For A Replicant.

5h0DzwY.jpg

Ewww...would you wanna hang your hat there? Maybe if it came with a hazmat suit.

Jump forward to his sophomore album and you get something more like this.

WDavNIq.jpg

Sure it ain't perfect. You've got a set of stairs that lead directly to the ceiling and for some reason there's a toilet in the living room, but you're not gonna need a tetanus shot for catching a nap there. It starts off like others have said with old school melodies that take their time to unwind. The dark sci-fi atmosphere is reflected in the samples used. Tracks like Strange Day and Order the Future wielded some gravity and felt substantial. Then for some inexplicable reason he goes all Radical Distortion Regenesis on you and totally switches styles halfway through. And not smoothly I might add. A head scratcher for sure. Did he think we needed half the f*cking album to come down? Were we that high? I'd swear this was an entirely different artist. Where did the crunch and creativity go? The first half of the album was the solution and the second half was the problem. Shame really as this had a lot of potential. But five tracks that I don't ever have to hear again really detracts from what could've been.

Mdk