Shpongle 3

Ban jhankri

guess that 'tales of the inexpressible' takes the price for the most tasteful shpongle-cover.

i think the guys who did ott's cover should got this job instead.

guess that 'tales of the inexpressible' takes the price for the most tasteful shpongle-cover.

250632[/snapback]

Calx!? They were part of this.

250632[/snapback]

Calx can create some nice pictures, but so far I think he hasn't managed to catch the vibe of the music with his covers and that's quite fundamental.

I think it looks fine. Hopefully the whole album is as electronic (please, no flamenco samples!) as the cover!

250697[/snapback]

i would love some flamenco-parts. but not hole samples thankyou :)

Well I think it's alright. Only problems however, as towlie said, a little messy.

It's got a lot of dimension, I like the microchip circuit implementation. I see that shit all day under a microscope working at Intel the last year. Was thinking of using it too to desgin a CD cover before I saw this one (damn). I think the head might have been done in a 3D application such as studio max. Shapes like this are actaully very difficult to make and I think it's a pretty good job if I'm right. The eyes are creepy. Typographical layout is unfortunately bad - badly placed. The text has been placed in busy areas. I hate where he's put the album name's text. And that font doesn't fit in either. Ok, I'm starting to like it less the more I analyze it. But hey, I wouldn't slate it - it's a lot better than some album cover's I've seen.

:huh:

The other side looks much better imo

Typographical layout is unfortunately bad - badly placed. The text has been placed in busy areas. I hate where he's put the album name's text.  And that font doesn't fit in either. Ok, I'm starting to like it less the more I analyze it.

:huh:

250803[/snapback]

it hurts the eye

I think it looks fine. Hopefully the whole album is as electronic (please, no flamenco samples!) as the cover!

250697[/snapback]

I just said the exact same thing in another thread.

Let's hope indeed it's more electronic this time.

Ok, I'm starting to like it less the more I analyze it.

250803[/snapback]

Personally, I like it MORE the more I see it. Hehe. :)

I just said the exact same thing in another thread.

Let's hope indeed it's more electronic this time.

250816[/snapback]

No, I personally hope it's just as organic as the previous ones, that's what Shpongle are good with.

But seriously, I just. Can't. Wait. To get my claws on this one... I NEED it... I'm starting to rip the wallpaper off my walls soon.

A swedish shop states the release date to be 05.13 BTW... I really hope they're correct :)

But seriously, I just. Can't. Wait. To get my claws on this one... I NEED it... I'm starting to rip the wallpaper off my walls soon.

A swedish shop states the release date to be 05.13 BTW... I really hope they're correct :)

250902[/snapback]

oh. im from sweden. which store?