Psy trance helicopter bassline.....

WIIIIKID!

I've been dying to get hold of a chopper for ages. Can't wait to try this out after work. Thank you! :)

Hey DJ Mylo... a few things I wanted to ask you:

Why do you chop your basslines? Are you looking for sharply cut notes? What plugins / hardware do you use for your bass?

What trips are those? They look tasty :D

And the other thing - "DJ Mylo"... Do you really like milo or is there some other reason :P

Seriously tho - I'd like to know.

Adios

Hey DJ Mylo... a few things I wanted to ask you:

Why do you chop your basslines? Are you looking for sharply cut notes? What plugins / hardware do you use for your bass?

250881[/snapback]

A studio sound engineer suggested this to me a while back. I guess it was his little trick! Some basslines are better with minimal sustain, so they are sharp and pronounced hits. Chopping the "tail" of each bass hit rendered to Wav gives you 100% zero sustain! And opens up nice spaces in your bottom end for your kick to punch through clearly. You'll here this technique in Britney stuff and high-end commercial rap stuff like Timbaland and Eminem. Apparently it's a pro trick. But each to his own I guess :P

Plugin's wise, well I use Reason's Subtractor, on the Cubase side I have used Basstation, VB-1, Z3ta, but to be honest I still havent landed on a Vst that I am 100% happy with as a standard.

Whats your weapon of choice?

BTW there is a nice chopper built into Cubase. I've used it for synths and getting a gated sound and stuff, but never heard of a Chopper synth. Oh well, we live and we learn ;)

Got any eg's of artists/tracks with this Chopper Synth Bassline / Helicopter Bassline in action?

What trips are those? They look tasty :D

250881[/snapback]

Hoffman 2000. Tasty indeed :P

And the other thing - "DJ Mylo"... Do you really like milo or is there some other reason  :P

250881[/snapback]

My nickname is "Mylo". Nothing to do with any consumer shelf products! It was kinda given to me when I started playing in Getafix/Organifix back in 1999. But that is gonna have to change soon, because of this Tech-house DJ from Glasgow! Bastard! It's hard to change your name 6 years down the line because people recognise you by this and your old followers and supporters think you don't exist anymore. Curse you "Mylo from Glasgow flavour of the month house bitch"! pfft!

And now I have another question for you! Are you Subsonik as in the Cape Town DJ? Saw your name on flyers and stuff. When did you leave CT?