Plugins For Basslines

I use audiorealism bassline, which is in my opinion simply the best VST plugin for basslines.

250281[/snapback]

Oy mate, care to share some programming tips on audiorealism bassline?

Whenever I use it, the output seems kinda "dull"...

cheers

I like my A1 for basslines :P

usually i dont put effects on my bassline... only compress it and maybe flanger but very little amount to warm alittle the sound but not too much to be noticed ;)

on time i used Z3ta+ for bassline and i followed a tutorial "how to make a bassline hot as hell" i didnt followed it well but i got one hell of a bass... remind me the bassline koxbox used on dragon tales!!!

cheers B)

try also : muon tau pro, a tb clone like audiorealism bassline, without the build in sequncer. obviously use compression to make the bass more punchy. if you are going to use fx on your bass, try chaining a hp filter before the desired effect.

Oy mate, care to share some programming tips on audiorealism bassline?

Whenever I use it, the output seems kinda "dull"...

cheers

250295[/snapback]

Well first of all stick to philters hints.

Compression can help you a lot, but dont compress too much because it can distort your tune.

Cutoff --> depends on the tune. If youre going for some ultra deep dark psy you should drag it down to ultra low. If you are going for "brighter" stuff, try values from 30% to 50% ... in general everything above 50% is in my opinion too high and will most likely interfere with the rest of your tune. 37% turned out to be the best value for me. If you think it is too dull, try

Tuning --> Set it to lowest, you can do the detuning in the sequencer anyway.

Envmod --> Again depends on the tune, but if you think your bass is too dull, play with this value, a higher Envmod will usually make your bass sound more accentuated.

Decay --> goes together with envmod. A long decay setting will be useful for longer bass notes sliding into each other, whereas a typical full-on bassline should have zero decay.

Attack --> IMO a bad setting, you should rather leave this alone, at least for basslines. Same with distortion.

Ok, some settings I suggest for a full-on bassline:

Cutoff: ~35%, Detuning: 0% (lowest), Envmod: 50%, Decay: 0%

Then a compressor with settings: Threshold: -16db, Ratio 1:2,5, gain: 6-8db ... well something like that, it usually depends, just play around until it sounds good.

If you still feel uncontent, try spanning 2 octaves with your bassline, for example C3-C4-C3 , the deep ones will provide the subfrequencies, whereas the high will contribute the higher tone carrying freqs.