Juno Reactor

kabamaru

haven't heard all of junos music, but all I can say is, yes, they are something else...I praise almost any artist that can create their own sound

:)

but labyrinth, it had it's good moments, but the problem was, everything sounded too much like the soundtrack to an action movie (not just mona lisa and Navras), and for me that takes away a certain element of the music, it makes it seem as though the music was meant to be played with visuals, and when those visuals are gone, it becomes plain. I know, it's all psychological, some of the music on that CD is extremely well done, with some beautiful melodies and guitars, but this is just me.

I still haven't listened to beyond the infinite tho, is that one of junos best albums?

Juno Reactor is one of the 4 ou 5 music bands in the world with not ( even one ) bad track.

Hope that the live in Belgium is not a fake.... I want to hear them live !!

Juno Reactor is one of the 4 ou 5 music bands in the world with not ( even one ) bad track.

Hope that the live in Belgium is not a fake.... I want to hear them live !!

251796[/snapback]

Not quite true... some of their B-sides are very mediocre...

Or wait. You said "bad". In that case you might be right! :)

Not quite true... some of their B-sides are very mediocre...

Or wait. You said "bad". In that case you might be right!  :)

251799[/snapback]

That's your point of view.

From mine, all Juno's albums and singles are masterpieces

Add to that Guardian Angel, High Energy Protons, Laughing Gas, 10000 Miles, Conquistador 1 + 2, and Zwara and you got a deal.  ;)

250489[/snapback]

You know Lu.ci-ana by heart now Cinos.. Right ;)

Could you be so kind and guess which tracks that has the same sounds as Lu.ci-ana in Transmissions? ... B)

Oh, and 10 points if you can guess witch track that has the baseline from Lu.ci-ana 8but faster of cource)

There is one track that has most sounds, and you wrote it above.. :)

That's your point of view.

From mine, all Juno's albums and singles are masterpieces

252083[/snapback]

Even all these tracks:

The Heavens

Acid Moon

Luciana

Jungle High

Hotaka

?

And the earlier project Psychoslaphead?

Juno Reactor Rocks, This is the only music I've known my mum to play sooo loud the neighbours complain. 

She's 50 this year  :o , Good on her  ;)

I would love to see Juno live, any news on that event in Belgium?? website. 

Anyone else know of any Juno Reactor tour dates, could plan my holiday round them.

Matt  B)

250993[/snapback]

My Mum's in her 50s too and a HUGE juno fan! Guardian Angel is her fav. I am so into 10 000 miles right now. I love that track.

i gotta support the boys and say that my mum is 50 this year-she's a music teacher in a highschool so she is-not directly,but somehow-connected.she loves juno

esecially conquistador1 and 2.

and yes 10000miles is a great track.

Ehmm, i'd say "landing" and "the heaven"  :)

@tbe --> Together we'll be going to travel across the rooooaaaad to Belgium's red sand ^^

252130[/snapback]

héhé...let's pray it will happen ! ;)

I totally agree about them being ahead of their time. Their music is so amazing, and somehow they consistently produce one great tune after another. Even their Matrix music was top notch stuff IMO. And suprisingly even my mom (who's 47yo) thinks their music is great.

Has anyone else seen the video for "God is God"? It's one of the trippiest videos i've ever seen. Those crazy robotic-like movements are crazy

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, it is so known about Juno that there is nothing more to add...They are truly unique and one of the pioneers in trance music which means a lot. I still haven't heard their average or bad album, they all rock ! Bare in mind guys that Towelie is still young, he needs more time...;)

250006[/snapback]

Only someone with serious lack of knowledge would say something that stupid. Don't blame JUNO for you not liking them. Blame yourself. Now go bury yourself in utter shame :angry:

My god.. How can a man not just love Nitrogen part 1 while playing it loud on a killer speaker system with lots of base!?  :huh:

250555[/snapback]

I agree.... that track is one of my very, very favourite Juno tracks....

The ending is nice, but it's that beat, with the delay & reverb-drenched eastern instruments.... Really dub-influenced, now that I think about it, but unlike most other kinds of music I've heard. And it was co-written with Alex Patterson from The Orb (which explains a lot)

Yesss think I'll go listen to it now

I also have to mention God Is God ;)

SUPAAAJHJ NUMBAH 1 DANC#FLOOOOOR KILLL#AEAARGH

I agree.... that track is one of my very, very favourite Juno tracks....

The ending is nice, but it's that beat, with the delay & reverb-drenched eastern instruments....  Really dub-influenced, now that I think about it, but unlike most other kinds of music I've heard.  And it was co-written with Alex Patterson from The Orb (which explains a lot)

Yesss think I'll go listen to it now

I also have to mention God Is God ;)

SUPAAAJHJ NUMBAH 1 DANC#FLOOOOOR KILLL#AEAARGH

261586[/snapback]

There's a beat in Nitrogen 1 now? Hmmz!

haven't heard all of junos music, but all I can say is, yes, they are something else...I praise almost any artist that can create their own sound

:)

I still haven't listened to beyond the infinite tho, is that one of junos best albums?

251256[/snapback]

It's pretty accurate to say Juno doesn't have a bad album

Some are better than others

But I'd say maybe all of them but one are at least 4 star albums (and I don't give out 4 and 5 stars very often)

Transmissions

Beyond The Infinite

Bible Of Dreams

Shango

Labyrinth

And, if you want to split hairs,

Lu.ci-ana (or however it's spelled)

BUT I didn't like Luciana as much as the others, it's more of a dark-ambient track, it's pretty cool, but I'd rather have one of the regular albums from JR...

I know some people in here love that album off ;)

I think it's more of a collector's item than a good album

It's pretty accurate to say Juno doesn't have a bad album

Some are better than others

But I'd say maybe all of them but one are at least 4 star albums (and I don't give out 4 and 5 stars very often)

Transmissions

Beyond The Infinite

Bible Of Dreams

Shango

Labyrinth

And, if you want to split hairs,

Lu.ci-ana (or however it's spelled)

BUT I didn't like Luciana as much as the others, it's more of a dark-ambient track, it's pretty cool, but I'd rather have one of the regular albums from JR...

I know some people in here love that album off ;)

I think it's more of a collector's item than a good album

261593[/snapback]

Bad ALBUM is the keyword... they absolutely have none of those, but bad SINGLES however... Psychoslaphead anyone? :lol:

About Mona Lisa Overdrive: I think the Labyrinth version is a bit messy + I don't like the voices much... and the lead sound sounds not so phat and has unneeded echo.

As a whole I like the original version much better. It builds up and holds the tension right up to the climax in the last 2 minutes... my favorite Juno Reactor moment ever... the orchestra, the huuuge conga part and then... BAM!!! the phat synth melody one more time....goosebumps... so much power and energy... so incredibly cool!! :D