Anyone use iDrum?

Hi,

I'm trying to get some decent tools for composing psy using a mac. I bought Fl Studio back in the day when v4 was out but thought that macs are the choice for music and that Logic's audio engine is a lot more powerful that Fruity's. So as I'm saving up for Logic and playing around with GarageBand (which is a pain for creating drum loops by the way) I've been trailing around the Internet for a decent drum loop creation tool.

I stumbled across Glaresoft's iDrum and thought it looked pretty cool. I was just wondering if any of you mac users have had a go with creating psy beats with it, and is it good? I read a few reviews that said it was unstable, but most of them said it was a good buy. I'd rather not download the demo until I've loaded my mac up with enough WAV/AIFF samples to make a huge collection of loops in the 2 weeks I have to 'try out' the program.

So basically I'm asking if anyone has the program can tell me what they think - is it easy to use? is it reliable? is it worth $50?

Thanks

If you have a mac and haven't heard of iDrum, the demo can be downloaded here:

http://www.glaresoft.com/products/idrum/

C'mon, there must be someone who uses iDrum... Anyone??

249704[/snapback]

Tried it, but since that day, never used it. Mayby I'm stupid :ph34r:, but it seemed to simple...

I've found Reasons reDrum more useful (rewirering it in Logic).

/Lars

Tried it, but since that day, never used it. Mayby I'm stupid  :ph34r:,  but it seemed to simple...

249787[/snapback]

Hmm.. that seems to be what the product is supposed to do - make drum beats fast?

Was it stable when you were trying it out?

Hmm.. that seems to be what the product is supposed to do - make drum beats fast?

250025[/snapback]

You're right - and it is, very easy to use. So does drum beats will be made in a spliffy. :)

Was it stable when you were trying it out?

250025[/snapback]

It didn't crash, when I used it with Logic - and also it was quite "light" on the cpu.

You're right - and it is, very easy to use. So does drum beats will be made in a spliffy. :)

250065[/snapback]

Yay. I'm a drummer myself but it is always good to know that beat creation is easy with software. Normally I bang out a rhythm on my kit and then transfer to Fruity. But iDrum would be better as it would save me leaving the comfort of my beanbag to use the PC downstairs.

Thanks!