Beija Flor

Not according to the tracklist.

Maybe they changed name or split it up.

249552[/snapback]

They split it up.

Pavel? You heard some samples of it, right?

the fuzz is about that beija flor is a totally amazing song. :) the best shpongle after 'behind closed eyelids'.

and it makes me glad that it is on the new album.

the beginning is quite cool.. then it gets bad, really bad

especially the up-cuted sounds and the up-cuted woman-voices in the middle. its genius! its so beautiful melodies and rhythms that every muscle in my body is being tensed.

and the clubby latino-finish is perfect. in a comical way :)

but its good that simon splited the song in three parts. so that people can seperate their "beija flor"-opinions in a functional way :D

Man this is an interesting song indeed... raja always use brazilian elements on his songs, and this is a nice sample of the local carnival... not my kind of music, but somehow interesting... specially for those who get surprised with our carnival, I'm sick of it...

the beginning is quite cool.. then it gets bad, really bad

249739[/snapback]

though i can dig a lot of influences i really dont lije the ending part,but not cause its"too happy "like some guy said.not my cup of tea.the song isn't bad though.maybe after some more listening i'll change my mind.though i doubt

*copy-paste from my review*

IMO it makes people unfamiliar to Shpongle get a big big misconception on their music. The average listener buying this EP because some trance music vendor told him it was "hip" will walk away thinking that Shpongle is some sort of trendy artists fusing salsa with electronica like that Samba Di Janeiro track which hit the charts in 2000.

But Shpongle is so much more...

Also if Sasha proclaimed it to be the best track of 2003 then... I think you understand why some psytrancers aren't too happy about it...

Hmm.... On the psyshop site i think the beija flor link leads to the droset perception track... because it has the same melody.

The song that was linked to on the dorset perception though, sounded new and somewhat good.

Also if Sasha proclaimed it to be the best track of 2003 then... I think you understand why some psytrancers aren't too happy about it...

251958[/snapback]

Those Psytrancers should be ashamed of themselves. Surely if Tiesto or any other self proclaimed dj superstar would claim same it would be outageous. But Sasha had a huge role in shaping and pushing electronic music that we so much love. Perhaps he didn't push Goa/Psy as much as Oakie/Danny Rampling but be sure that this guy comes with receipts. And since when Psytrancers are extension of the free masons? I always try to push my favorite music to people i meet. To deprive stuff like Shpongle/Hallucinogen and heck even Infected Mushroom is unhuman and unplur.

And Cinos: I heard 3 new Shpongle tunes. Beija Flor was one of them. The other 2 are on the same vein but without the samba ending.

Who cares if Bejia Flor took a turn that Shponglers aren't used to? Get a grip people. If Shpongle kept making the same stuff over and over they would be selling out. I think it's refreshing to hear a track that makes me feel awesome. I love Shpongle's dark and psychedelic work, but Bejia Flor has made me feel pretty damn good on plenty or rainy days. Apreciate it for what it is or just don't listen to it. Bejia Flor serves its purpose.