Looking for a guide for a walkie talkie effect

in most of the full-on psy trance there's voices of like a pilot in a spaceship, something like that... and i'm really need to know how to do it...

I using Fruity and sound forge.

Thanks.

248445[/snapback]

To achieve that effect I usually just take the Izotope Vinyl plug-in. Set it to simulate

1930's quality vinyl. And voila! There you have it, thin voices that sound like they're being transmitted from space or something.

Good luck!

to achive the desired effect with sound forge, do the following with your vocal:

1. cut all frequencies below 800hz and above 2khz

2. add a litle distortion.

if you want a roger bleep:

1. call up simple synthesis and generate a sinewave @ 1khz for 100ms.

2 add a litle distortion.

now youll recieve mesages from outer space.

eq in sound forge:

1. open a file.

2. open the process dropdown menu, choose EQ

3. 3 types apear, choose the graphic EQ

the x-axis represents frequecy, the y-axis gain

4. draw a bell type of curve starting at 800 hz and endig at 2000hz, it peek being at around1400 hz

make sure that all other frequencies have the gain set to -inf. the gain of the peek should not be more than 0db.

I have just discoverd that the graphic EQ in soudforge has a preset called Telephone, it does the same thing.

I find the best way to simulate a walkie-talkie effect is to use a ring modulator. It makes harsh crackles and limits certain voiceband frequencies.

If you have one of the newer creative soundblaster cards, you should be able to add this as an effect to your outputs. You can record that sound from your output as a wav and use it in your mix.

I find the best way to simulate a walkie-talkie effect is to use a ring modulator. It makes harsh crackles and limits certain voiceband frequencies.

If you have one of the newer creative soundblaster cards, you should be able to add this as an effect to your outputs. You can record that sound from your output as a wav and use it in your mix.

248731[/snapback]

Also, a bitcrusher can give you a nice sci-fi atmosphere