Psynews Contest

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we wait one year? I'm not ready yeath. :(

248203[/snapback]

Yeh one year sounds good and also have to buy all the equiptment and find some one to show me the ropes,, I am realy keen into this because I think I can make sound warped out tunes. my theory at the moment all the new stuff I have nt been able to find the right sound that I am after so I thought hey why not make it myself.. chicks rule.. :lol:

Instead of a winner put on a cd, I would love to see one of those media player things programmed into the psynews site, (You know, like that little player they have in alot of sites that plays tunes while you're logged on).

I don't know shit about web design, so I don't know if something like that could be on a forum site. But it would be sweet if a whole bunch of people just uploaded their stuff into a directory that just cycled through a shit load of songs. I think it would be great to hear what people are working on, good or shit, cause it's our community that's making it.

The player could have the artist and title scrolling, so people could make note of stuff they like and then contact the artist. I would love to start getting stuff from independat producers, I really WANT to hear all the great music that doesn't land up in psyshop.

Instead of a winner put on a cd, I would love to see one of those media player things programmed into the psynews site, (You know, like that little player they have in alot of sites that plays tunes while you're logged on).

I don't know shit about web design, so I don't know if something like that could be on a forum site. But it would be sweet if a whole bunch of people just uploaded their stuff into a directory that just cycled through a shit load of songs. I think it would be great to hear what people are working on, good or shit, cause it's our community that's making it.

The player could have the artist and title scrolling, so people could make note of stuff they like and then contact the artist. I would love to start getting stuff from independat producers, I really WANT to hear all the great music that doesn't land up in psyshop.

248655[/snapback]

this could easily be done, yet i hope it will NEVER NEVER be done. background music is so fucking annyoing on websites. even more so if it starts without asking and cannot be stopped. some people have slow connections and/or a mb limit,you know!

EDIT: a link to the player, so that you can decide yourself wether you want to hear the tunes or not would be nice, tho.

this could easily be done, yet i hope it will NEVER NEVER be done. background music is so fucking annyoing on websites. even more so if it starts without asking and cannot be stopped. some people have slow connections and/or a mb limit,you know!

EDIT: a link to the player, so that you can decide yourself wether you want to hear the tunes or not would be nice, tho.

248860[/snapback]

You could have people submit midi files to play out of an on off selectible player to over come narrow-band issue but who wants to liten to midi tunes?

Hi

Well it's a good idea, but i have a few things that prevent me from doing this for the moment :

1) time, yes always (NO) time.

2) i am trying to separate as much as posible my psynews and suntrip activities. using psynews to make a new suntrip compilation could be misinterpreted...but i don't care if you don't either.

3) we have a compilation ready now. it will be released before june if we're lucky or at the very begining of june if my dear distrib gives me a GO.

4) after that compilation we have 2 artist albums in mind...so when is our next compil ?

not mentionning that we can only release cds one by one, our budget is quite low. if we had to release a contest compil it would be a 500 copies one.

After all, i am FOR the contest reopening, but i'd need help and much thought about how/when to release it.

Let's say a contest needs 2-3 months. in 2-3 months, we'd be at the end of june or july. Then jury, marking, various negociations (all during the summer, when nobody is here), and then we'd be at the end of august. releasing a tracklisting that's ready takes 2 months. we'd be at the end of october. That's not bad but there is the summer in the middle and it goes against our plans. I wonder what Jos thinks about it, but i think i have an idea...

I don't know what to tell you for the moment. I'd like but i'm not sure we CAN do it timewise and moneywise.

mars.

Welcome Mars, long time no see!

Let's say a contest needs 2-3 months. in 2-3 months, we'd be at the end of june or july. Then jury, marking, various negociations (all during the summer, when nobody is here), and then we'd be at the end of august. releasing a tracklisting that's ready takes 2 months. we'd be at the end of october. That's not bad but there is the summer in the middle and it goes against our plans. I wonder what Jos thinks about it, but i think i have an idea...

Perfect, because I need all the potential time I can get.

And if you need help, any help at all. Just PM me, and I'll see what I can contribute with.

:)

psytones

I understand you Mars. It's not like you just go "hey, let's release a CD".

Only wanted to know if this was possible to do again and when. Looks like you guys are busy so no rush. Just tell us when the time is right for it :)

ok, so here is my reaction as other part of Suntrip :P

just like fabien, the idea itself is really good... BUT... We are not able to release it really soon, as said, we have planned a comp now first and at least 2 more albums... So this is a full shedule for the rest of the year... Also, Suntrip has a more specific sound that is not shared by everyone that will send music of course

But ok, what do you guys think if we open a contest soon that will run untill 31st of december, so you all have ALL the time you want to make your tracks KILLAAARRRGHHH... ?

Like that we may find a place and time to release (some?) tracks we like...

This may be hard for some, but you can't except us to release tracks we don't like at all, but I'm sure new talent can be discovered here, so you can all give it a shot!

It's an easy way to become disovered, no? For sure if the contest is finished and other labels can check it out too :)

That's my 2 cents now, and now I will actually talk about it with fab :P

Greetlings

i think people will participate in the contest anyway.

it's not like .. "i'm in, but what's the prize?"

i say we start the contest, let people get a chance to show they got "skills" and "talent"

the winners' compilation can come out later on.

this is just my thought.

good idea

can i upload some tracks from my crust-core band??? :P

well I was thinking about putting up a subforum in the Music Making dedicated to new tracks by members and feedback... it wouldn't be a contest but at least anyone who wants to find new talent will see all the available tracks in one shot, without having to search for them. What do you think of that?

Ok i saw Anoebis reply and i guessed he would say like that.

For me the 2 main problems are : time and money

If like anoebis says the contest runs till december, i wouldnt open it before september 1st or people will get bored with it. 4 months is already faaar enough.

Or there is another possibility : Filteria seems to be fast on producing right now he might be ready for a second album fast, which would leave his former slot open (the end of the year). But it also means we would have 2 abums launched in a very short while. Can we do it financially ? Huh...i don't think so. I think we'd need to setup a new release party or something...

The other aspect is money, but linked with the audience. Labels already hardly sell cds, so i wonder how would sell a compil with only unknown artists. Well ok a 500 copies press could be nice for everyone. Eventually i am torn between the pleasure to release talented new artists, and the need to keep Suntrip healthy. So what i don't want it to loose money on a contest compil. That's as simple as that.

i kinda knew this kinda reply would come up. i can only wish the best for you mars & Anoebis. may god give you time and money so you can give us contests in the future :)

other options:

1. make a contest anyway, i belive the best tracks will be good promoters for their makers.

2. maybe other labels will find out about the contest and will become interested?

what other options you guys see?

come on, come up with ideas.

Guest .::E.P

Why not let people who participate pay for the release? Like a "Sign up" fee.

I think that would be fair. I dont think it's fair that Mars should pay for it. After all it's not his idea and wish. It's yours ;)

I am sure you can make it happen without his money and guidance ;)

Why not let people who participate pay for the release? Like a "Sign up" fee.

250410[/snapback]

i was thinking the same thing Kristian. It could be a cool idè, and the ones that get a place on the album (double album) could be "stock-holder" .. kinda. get my point? :)