Without a psychoactive agent?!

Is it possible to create goa trance music like Koxbox Stratosfearless without the help of a psychoactive agent?  :blink:

Please serious replies only  ;)

246845[/snapback]

You could always mimic that sound now that it's been done, but to pioneer it I think you really need either psychedelics or a mind that's pretty damn weird by default.

Well, in my oppinion the casual use of any mind altering substances is quite ok....BUT if anyone feels they need these substances to be creative........sad thing....get inspired ok, nothing wrong with that.......BUT where will it end? being smahed everytime you want to write a track?..........I think this just leads to one thing: in the end youll be so smashed that you forget what it was you actualy wanted to do.......To be creative...

Thank you guys, but I guess you need to be at least conscient to use Cubase/Cakewalk, etc..., to store, there are things quite technical in this process, how is it possible under psychoactive agents?

247414[/snapback]

I doubt the music is composed and produced while tripping heavily. BUT the psychoactive substances might have previously opened doors and given birth to ideas and perspectives that would otherwise have been unreachable.

I doubt the music is composed and produced while tripping heavily. BUT the psychoactive substances might have previously opened doors and given birth to ideas and perspectives that would otherwise have been unreachable.

247453[/snapback]

Thats the absolute truth.You dont need to be trippy.You just need to remember what trips have tought you.

It helps! But honestly, a sober mind makes better technical decisions!

However.

The best thing to do IMO is produce music after a party where you have eaten psychedelics. Like immediateley when you get home. You get the "psychedelic perspective" of the music throughout the day/night, and then go home with a head full of sounds and inspiration. Then you apply what you have learnt. Psychedelics won't put music notes in your head. But will help you to interperet music that you hear. It's a great source of inspiartion and context, but not music theory!

Thank you guys. I understand, you need to create afterwards. What kind of psychoactive agents do you suggest to start off?

247582[/snapback]

Depends on what music is playing in your head.

Id suggest acid and shrooms(like everyone i guess).

Acid in small controlled doses and fresh shrooms.

Just try,experience and decide.

But i wouldnt recommend afterwards.After a party(or just trip) your brain will probably need a way to trip in a more relaxing way.If you want to make fast,heavy music,relaxed is not the right mood i guess....anyway.Your music,your choice.

• 4 months later...

wham it all in

a: results in inablity to operate computers..no production

b:fucked up beats and synths that sounded good at the time

a bit ov the herb seems to enable you to stay aware while you create from the memory and experiences, helps the mind whith the patterns.

use the other stuff when ya test ridin a tune out or try to gain inspiration.

making music and acid just works fine for me.... even when I' m trippin real hard I think its still possible. :) . just dont start in the first hours of the trip.. use those to think about music.. i 've learned so much about making music when i was tripping.

psychoactives have the power to expand your 'thinking' above your usual patterns of thought.. bringing out creativity you never knew you had in you..

just my point of view... baybay!!

hi

i found that while coming off a trip its a very different feeling to sit down and make music...

it seems like even the slighest turn of a knob or the slightest adjustments can be felt and heard...since while on and while coming off a trip people tend to be more sensitive and perceptive..

also it took me alittle while to get into it...

also try listening to the stuff u made earlier (some days earlier ) while on a trip..it sounds sooo different...

u can kind of feel what is lacking...not just hear..

overall ..i dont thing u need to be on something everytime u wanna make music...but i do feel that to understand psy trance u need to have listened to it at some point under the influence of a psychedlic...

psychedelics help, but the creativity is already there you dont need a psychedelic. they just help bring it out. acid and mushrooms dont come by here much, ive seen everything else but those two :( closest i got was lsa, and when i work on music with that, i feel it. it's like what chiragkotak said about feeling it and hearing it

mj works fine for me when working, once i get a heap of things to "test drive" then i take it up a notch :D