Boards of Canada "Music Has The Right To Children"

psytones

Hi,

after having this album on a burned cd for a years time, i desided that I wanted to buy it in original. I usaly buy my non-psytrance albums at http://www.play.com if I find them there.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=search&...ada&page=search

I'm gonna buy Boards Of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children and Geogaddi since I really love these two albums. But as you can see, the "Music Has The Right To Children" album exists in two versions. Are there a difference between these two that you know of? And should I also buy their album, "Twoism (2002 Reissue)" Havent heard it before.

Thanks for the help and recomandations.

psytones

Check discogs.com - there's a version of MHTRTC with an extra 18th track, try to find that one. The extra track is available on a Peel Session CD though, if memory serves me right.

hmm.. Well both of the albums on play.com contains 18 tracks,

and so do the burned copy that I have.

I thnik I will just buy the "new" release of MHTRTC as it is in stock and the "original" is not at this moment.

They seem pretty simular exept the cover colors.

New addition to the Warp Pack Series, an exclusive set of deals available only from Warpmart! You can now buy all three of the Boards of Canada albums on Warp for a special discounted price of 29.99. This pack includes the limited edition of GEOGADDI, the reissued early album TWOISM and the classic MUSIC HAS THE RIGHT TO CHILDREN. Not only that, but you get a discount on the price of posting as well, which works out the same as a single CD. Wow.

Warp Records

They are the same, it's just a reissue with a different sleeve.

The LP version only has 17 tracks.

This is some seriously great music no matter what genre you prefer, if you haven't heard this album I suggest everyone that reads this to pick it up and give it a go.

I dunno about the versions but Boards of Canada is a excellent sound i recommendo to anyone (altough it may not be for everyones taste :P )

I love "Geoggadi" and "Music has the right..." is also very good.

i advise you to download samples before buying though!

I will buy the rest of the Boards albums when I get more money :)

248698[/snapback]

Twoism worth a buy.All BOC music worth a buy.

We should meet online one day to send you their unreleased/rare tracks.Unless you already have them or can fnd them.Look for a track called "Forest Moon" for example.Just perfect...

Came home from work... Guess what was in my mailbox! YES.. You guessed it! My new original album, "Boards of Canada - Music Has The Right To Children" :D

Extremly happy now.. Gonna sleep tight tonight while spinning Boards on my sound system :D

I love Boards of Canada, and from their releases I prefer MHTRTC and after that, the "In a Beautiful Place Out in the Country" EP.. Geogaddi is my third choice, though I haven't yet heard Twoism. If you haven't heard the "In a Beautiful Place ..." EP, I strongly recommend you to get it.