Richi M - Perfect World

qa2pir

It's swedish easylistening goa/trance from -98

Speaking about production quality and arrangement, it's pretty poor but some melodies are lovely. Dreamy, not really psychedelic but makes you float away into another time and place a bit.

here's a link to the amazon page of the album:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=music

Anyone heard it? What do you think?

yea i have heard that , have both his albums somewhere, but saying its goa or psy is kinda funny i think. Liked his stuff allot back in 98 though and soo on. But now days its waaaaayy to basic and boring for me.

Gonna giv it a new listen and have my self a nice laugh about me previous taste in music. Allot of Richi M's build up and stuff i feel resembles AP and MFG in a few places and some tracks. Cool that u brought it up though :D

that's why i put "easylistening" in front of it. cause even though the basslines are basic and the arrangement basically just consists of two different melodies repeating over again and it is not suitable for getting into trance or anything, the melodies are like goa light.

and i got really dissapointed when having my first listen to it in years this weekend.

i've heard so much better now. but the melodies are still great (some of them) and i thought it would be fun to see what you think =)

And to MpMsAy: He has released 4 albums now =)

(The later the more completely meaningless)

heehheh yea sadly i know that he realses 3 of albums but after hearing the singel to the third one i started to ignore him and then i started to realize that there was better music out there. But the tracks give me some nice nostaligic trips back to when we got drunk on 3.5% beer and we were alla young and harmless......... those were the days.. beeing 13-14 and thinking Richi M and Earthbound was the greatest thing ever :D:D

Thnx again for bringing back the old feelings B)

I asumed you were swedish too... :P

Talking about Earthbound... Miranda - Feel The Effect (Earthbound Remix) is pretty damn good. I loved that shit before. :D

Hey I still do! I'm not building any musical walls around myself. First step is to admit you like cheese! :D

Lol, remember that stuff! I bought Richi M's first album too in 1998, very outdated now & basic stuff. But some of his melodies actually are really good (goa-like) and musical, tho the tracks all in all are boring...I guess some of his melodies maybe deserve to be recycled and thrown into some more complex arrangements and sound pictures.

Remember I didn't like the album (Perfect World) much back then either (just some melodic parts) and i've heard some of his later releases that SUCKS really much, i mean like Dj Bobo much. (even think he did some cover of the old "Popcorn" track ARGH!)

But funny you mentioned this stuff :lol::D:)B)

lol missed the Earthbound part, talkin 'bout them the whole Fluid Records-thing was quite good i remember. Until the later part of the 1990's where they became just too chessy. But the good old Nordic Rave-compliations with acts like Antiloop, S.C.O.P.E (Suburban Children Of Planet Earth), (some of) Pinocchio, MDA, Starchild .. etc actually contained some nice quality. ; )

wow i'm almost getting chills, moooore NOSTALGIA please!!! :rolleyes:

heehheh yea sadly i know that he realses 3 of albums but after hearing the singel to the third one i started to ignore him and then i started to realize that there was better music out there. But the tracks give me some nice nostaligic trips back to when we got drunk on 3.5% beer and we were alla young and harmless......... those were the days.. beeing 13-14 and thinking Richi M and Earthbound was the greatest thing ever  :D:D

Thnx again for bringing back the old feelings B)

246592[/snapback]

hehe yea the 3.5% beer thing is one.. didnt think of it ,, got a bit paranoid there :ph34r:

but loads and loads come on......  :P

246629[/snapback]

The beer is one... Sentence construction is another - along with word-construction like singel + an obvious Swedish word as alla... The inclusion of Swedish artists Richi M and Earthbound was the icing on the cake! You were definitely Swedish!

:P

DP

I remember Richi M but I don't remember his music being anywhere near to psytrance. His music videos were broadcast on TV and his songs were played on the radio, and that's rather untypical for a true psytrance artists, isn't it? I liked his work though. I think he was Hungarian btw.

I remember Richi M but I don't remember his music being anywhere near to psytrance. His music videos were broadcast on TV and his songs were played on the radio, and that's rather untypical for a true psytrance artists, isn't it? I liked his work though. I think he was Hungarian btw.

246940[/snapback]

He wasn't swedish at the roots anyway... I can't remember his name, it was kind of funny...

But as I said, he's a Robert Miles ripoff, very far from goa.