UX - Ultimate Experience

Zewu

I ordered Ultimate Experience from eBay and got it today. Having listened through it once, I can say that I thought it was alright but not thrilling. The tracks I liked the most were the ones I have heard before, "Dominion" and "Master of the Universe". You who have this CD, what are your opinions of it? Did it take time to grow on you? Perhaps I will like it more after a few listens........

I had expected it to be a real "classic" that I would like instantly though.

Things like that happen all the time. Classics albums that you don't like that much. Forget the "grow on you" thing, nobody forces you to like albums that most ppl consider as supe-classics. ;)

Now about what I think for UX, I'll say that I love it! Dark,hard and space psy with this amazing Slide sounds. 10/10 for me

I didn't know this was considered a classic.  :huh:

246545[/snapback]

Well not only it's considered a classic but lot of ppl (including me) consider it as one of the 3 best dark-psy albums ever

One of the best Goa albums ever made. Can't believe this one isn't redhighlighted in the reviewsection(!)

Classic tracks here are:

Life Support Technology

Chameleon

Mind Over Gravity

Dominion

Pure Intellect

Master of the Universe

Let's just say almost all tracks on this album is fantastic.

Dark twisted Goa, can't get enough of it and Peter Martin + Kris Kylven sure knows how to do it.

Things like that happen all the time. Classics albums that you don't like that much. Forget the "grow on you" thing, nobody forces you to like albums that most ppl consider as supe-classics.  ;)

Now about what I think for UX, I'll say that I love it! Dark,hard and space psy with this amazing Slide sounds. 10/10 for me

246532[/snapback]

Yeah i have to agree with you ORMION....i have this album on vinyl and it's up there as one of my favorite darker albums! UX = 10/10 ;)

First of all... UX DARK?!? :blink:

Second of all... UX CLASSIC?!? :blink:

Let's face it, there are some pretty portent tracks in there (especially Masters of the Universe) but... there are albums out there that are far better and deserve the "classic" title more fully IMO.

Yes UX is dark compared to most of the releases under that era.

...and what makes it a classic and one of the best Goa albums of all time is the original sound which is a very typical sound made by Peter Martin and Kris Kylven. Just look at their other projects such as Slide, Bypass Unit and Element Over Nature not many has come close to it.

What can I say. I just love all their stuff. There's almost nothing like it even today.

Just look at their other projects such as Slide, Bypass Unit and Element Over Nature not many has come close to it.

246627[/snapback]

Bypass Unit has nothing to do with Kris Kylven or Pete Martin. They were (are?) a danish act consisting of M.Jacobsen, J.Sieburg & Rene Abildgaard Jensen.

First of all... UX DARK?!?  :blink:

Second of all... UX CLASSIC?!?  :blink:

Let's face it, there are some pretty portent tracks in there (especially Masters of the Universe) but... there are albums out there that are far better and deserve the "classic" title more fully IMO.

246607[/snapback]

Well if you compare it with BOFTB or Psyfactor it might not sound too dark, but keeping in mind that it was released in 1998 when 80% of albums were morning Goa then yes! it's dark. And classic, like Halosian said the production and the sounds are so perfect even for today standars.Anyway different ppl,different opinions ;)

@Halosian

Syb Unity Nettwerk is Kris Kylven? :blink:

I didn't know that! I only knew that SUN is some guy named Kris K. but I never thought that he was Kylven! And what a amazing project!!!

Darkness is relative. If you're able to look back through the years to the initial review of UX on TRiP you will see that most people considered it to be the hardest, darkest thing to have emerged at that time. Now that we all possess a wider understanding of the music of the day that is perhaps debatable, but really now... if you have a killer sound system and you crank up Life Support Technology, you simply can't deny the awe-inspiring power of this project. Have a listen to Slide's Unstable (the track) - not much happening at low volume, in fact it's kind of boring. Pump it up and you have another one of the most detailed maximal pieces of Goa trance ever made. Volume really makes a huuuuge different with the UX-related projects imho. Ultimate Experience sits in my binder right next to the Pleiadians and Pigs in Space. Mix it up with Tim Schuldt's Red Hair Hospital and some Cydonia. Great memories :)

Who dares not to call this classic ? LEMMI ? What is wrong with you ? This is timeless, outrageous classic of all time considering psychadelia. This massive, melodic, dark piece is a must in everyone's collection...11/10 easily...There are very rare releases these days like this, this was way ahead of its time...

if it's a classix or not I don't know but it is typical dark melodic imho...

it's that kind of darkness battle of has.... it is medodic but the atmosphere is dark...

masters of the universe is indeed one hell of a track

Alien Earth Activity must be the darkest, intense, yet slower fantastic piece of sonic manipulation...That is definetely the best one on album...followed by Pure Intellect and Master Of The Universe....PERFECTION.

I just ordered this, even though it's "only" good. :)

It's still orderable at the Dragonfly website, if somebody figures out how to use it. :huh:

I just ordered this, even though it's "only" good.  :)

It's still orderable at the Dragonfly website, if somebody figures out how to use it.  :huh:

250040[/snapback]

WHAT????? :blink:

I was looking for it for years now and I never found it in Dragonfly site. Let's hope you didn't get the last copy Cinos cause if you did you're DEAD!!! :D