SHOP: Saikosounds

X-scream

So, what about saikosounds.. This is THE main online shop for me when it comes to psy music:

- Low prices

- Excellent, friendly service

- Very good website (shipping history/future arrivals list, restock listings, looong samples.... )

I really can't see why I would shop anywhere else :)

One thing I'd like to mention though. When I order a bunch of CD's (~10), almost every time there is one or two CD's with damage on the case, nothing that has ever affected the CD itself though. A little annoying yes, but really nothing to worry about.

Thumbs up for saikosounds :D:rolleyes:

Well, their deliveries aren't as blazing fast as Psyshop, but they REALLY have excellent customer service. My order was late, because they had a problem, I complained, and they sent another CD along! (ok, a promo disc, but anyway!) :)

Not to mention their samples rule.

Recommended.

Airmail can take up 10 working days, in other words two weeks. Not very fast..

But I always get my records delivered with courier and with large orders courier shipping cost seem to end up at the same or even lower price as airmail..

+ you get the package delivered to your front door :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest The Journey Man Project

have been buying from the saiko crew for 2 to 3 years and never had a major problem... if an order dissapears on route (sometimes with airmail) they replace without complaint, they answer all my emails (use the on site email function though), and very welcoming when I visited them in Hong Kong in 2003...

for sure the best online shop, better customer service than in real stores :lol:

That really depends on what email adress you are using. Had a similar problem in the past, but all turned out ok when i sent an email to other adress; something like rob@saikosounds.com i think.

• 1 month later...

IMHO the best shop around. Been ordering for several years now. Customer service is very responsive. Delivery by courier (which is cheaper than airmail for large orders) arrives to New York in 2 days. Low prices. You are able to get some Japanese releases that are difficult to find elsewhere.

Once they sent me Scorb - Scorb when I had actually ordered Scozbor - Scozbor. They sent me the correct CD immediately, no questions asked, and they did not ask me to send the Scorb CD back!

• 4 months later...

My favorite online shop by far. Their courier service is super fast (2 days to Japan. 2 or 3 to the U.S.), good response to questions, good prices. I've been ordering from them since 2001 and have never had a problem with them. They also carry a lot of smaller labels I don't see at other sites. Two thumbs up

• 3 weeks later...

saiko rocks :)

four minutes samples, they are the precursors...

i have started ordering a bit more from wirikuta lately though cause they take a like a day or two get stock ona few things...

but if you live more on that side than on this side... it wouln't be a quesstion...

cust support rocks... cool dudes...

ride on! B)

• 7 months later...

I used to use psyshop, by wanted to give saiko a whirl due to it having been recommended and being cheaper...

I am not going back.

Fast service, easy to use website...

cheaper...

never any damage... (I had a couple damaged with psyshop once, only to the case though...)

samples and awesome selection...

and they tell you WHEN something will be in stock again, so I don't have to check everyday for something that may be months away!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've bought from Saikosounds on the occasions when the CD I'm looking for isn't available from Psyshop - and on the whole I do actually prefer Saikosounds on the whole. 4 minute samples are excellent - prices are good - and the freebies they include are good too. Last time I got a free CD because I ordered a big lot of CDs. Nice, that. :)

The only reason I continue to use Psyshop is because Saiko shipping (courier) to the UK (takes just about as long as Psyshop) is extremely expensive. Which isn't a bad thing if the CD isn't available elsewhere, but it's just a minor nag. Otherwise, great shop and I would recommend it to anybody looking for psychedelic, progressive or ambient sounds.

well, I buy from SAIKO since 3 years and just one thing to say:

SAIKOSOUNDS IS THE BEST.

Never have a problem, all my questions and emails answered.

Very good service, and it really feels fine to have the DHL guys delivering some cds from HONG KONG at my door (very small village at the Oporto surroundings).

You should see their faces :o

Keep the good work guys :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...