Xenomorph 3rd album

nervgaz

Lone Deranger is scarier than Xenomorph, yes. If they were movies Xenomorph would be a splatter "horror" with lots of guts and blood but basically a low quality movie, while Hallus second album is more psychological terror,

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on.....Deranger is absolutely perfect but not dark at all....its such a beautiful tale but i cant see any dark elements included....

247918[/snapback]

Dude, in my eyes and a lof my friends' eyes. This album is the ultimate dark trance album. All the recent dark trance mumbo jumbo is exactly what Cinos said, gory bloody movies. And Xenomorph included. Even if for sake of the ridiculous track names. Are we stealing ideas from Metal now?

Metal is gay, btw.

:rolleyes:

Dude, in my eyes and a lof my friends' eyes. This album is the ultimate dark trance album. All the recent dark trance mumbo jumbo is exactly what Cinos said, gory bloody movies. And Xenomorph included. Even if for sake of the ridiculous track names. Are we stealing ideas from Metal now?

Metal is gay, btw.

247949[/snapback]

Says you metal is better than most of the other pieces of shit people call music. except psytrance of course.

Metal is gay, btw.

247949[/snapback]

I disagree.

Mark is pure darkness and there are recent dark tracks which i really respect.So i guess its how someone "feels" darkness.I used to wake up in the morning and listen to Deranger every day for 1 month with my roomate while drinking our morning coffee and giving a morning smoke.It was such a perfect way to start your day.The point is that it gave me all feelings except for the dark ones....

I guess it's subjective matter then. I'm sure there are people that consider Yahel being dark psy. And i want to take back about what i said about metal. All metal that itself too seriously and sing about death, rape and stupid things like that are gay. In the other hand, bands like System of a down, Rage against the machine and the early Korn, although not really pure metal is more to my taste.

And gayest of all are Dream Theatre. No doubt.

I guess it's subjective matter then. I'm sure there are people that consider Yahel being dark psy. And i want to take back about what i said about metal. All metal that itself too seriously and sing about death, rape and stupid things like that are gay. In the other hand, bands like System of a down, Rage against the machine and the early Korn, although not really pure metal is more to my taste.

247967[/snapback]

Thats ok I forgive you. And I agree dream theatre & prog/euro metal is by far the worst kind of metal. Death metal is awesome but I don't think anyone besides those stupid concerned citazens group types take the lyrics seriously.

Edit: if you like system of a down try dog fashion disco. they're not really metal either but the have some good songs & freakin hilarious lyrics like systems 1st cd.

Thats ok I forgive you. And I agree dream theatre & prog/euro metal is by far the worst kind of metal. Death metal is awesome but I don't think anyone besides those stupid concerned citazens group types take the lyrics seriously.

Edit: if you like system of a down try dog fashion disco. they're not really metal either but the have some good songs & freakin hilarious lyrics like systems 1st cd.

247971[/snapback]

I don't take it seriously at all. That's just plain stupid approach. It's not funny, it's not fun, it's silly. Music = Fun. And that particular kill them all music is not fun. For me atleast.

Now that i offended a whole genre i have to mention several metal bands i do like:

Fuck it, i won't. Satanists go to hell.

I don't take it seriously at all. That's just plain stupid approach. It's not funny, it's not fun, it's silly. Music = Fun. And that particular kill them all music is not fun. For me atleast.

Now that i offended a whole genre i have to mention several metal bands i do like:

Fuck it, i won't. Satanists go to hell.

247973[/snapback]

JEW! JEW! JEW!

One of the things that gets overlooked about Xenomorph is when Cassandra's Nightmare came out... 1998 . At the time he was going in a direction that nobody else was going in, completely pushing the envelope when it came to fusing his industrial and metal background with trance. It's completely fine to not like his style, but at least respect that what he started in 98 influence a whole bunch of producers still to this day, and he is still in it doing what he loves. He hasn't gone the bouncy melodic way, hasn't stopped making psytrance, and his music style is still what he has wanted it to be since the get go.

When I first got turned onto psytrance, I was introduced to Hallucinogen and Xenomorph at the same time. And while I love what Simon did, I have personally outgrown his sound. To be honest, the last time I saw Xenomorph, his set didn't do too much for me, but I still was able to appreciate his soundscapes and the atmospheres he builds. There aren't very many producers that can create such atmospheres.

Of course, you could say I am biased because I make darker stuff, but at the same time, I can appreciate more melodic stuff to an extent. A good track is a good track regardless of what substyle it is. All I am trying to say is that Xenomorph helped create a sound that to an extent is still being done by artists, and not just the ones that write the dark stuff either...

One of the things that gets overlooked about Xenomorph is when Cassandra's Nightmare came out... 1998 .  At the time he was going in a direction that nobody else was going in, completely pushing the envelope when it came to fusing his industrial and metal background with trance.  It's completely fine to not like his style, but at least respect that what he started in 98 influence a whole bunch of producers still to this day, and he is still in it doing what he loves. He hasn't gone the bouncy melodic way, hasn't stopped making psytrance, and his music style is still what he has wanted it to be since the get go.

248049[/snapback]

I agree with you on that,mubali

Well, to me, The Lone Deranger has some dark elements but I would rather call it twisted than dark. Twisted is some kind of darkness but it is fun darkness, so that is why it cannot be called dark music whereas Xenomorph is really dark with no fun at all, just plain seriousness and concrete ideas with minimal structure, but hey, he is german. I actually can't even compare two of those in any case...;)

247967[/snapback]

System of a down and Rage Against the Machine is wicked!!!

I will see system next month :)

In the other hand, bands like System of a down, Rage against the machine and the early Korn, although not really pure metal is more to my taste.

247967[/snapback]

ewww.. all those bands are supa-gay, mr. Shrink.

Bad Brains all the way!!!

:P

I'm sure there are people that consider Yahel being dark psy.

247967[/snapback]

there is a difference betweend "dark" music and evil 'yahel' COME TO TAKE US TO THE BEGINNING OF THE END OF WHAT wE CALL PSYCHEDELIC... tem tem teeeemmm...

METAL is cool

stuf like

http://www.gwar.net/

now thats a good show.

Dunno,i personally liked Qlippoth more.

Tracks like Haunted,Tzelmavet,Shaari Avadon,Qlippoth make me shake.

Its deeper and darker.Anyway.Its a matter of taste.Lets all hope for his 3rd to be his bet.

247182[/snapback]

U like all my favs Gnome, Only Gheniom left :)

Lone Deranger is scarier than Xenomorph, yes. If they were movies Xenomorph  would be a splatter "horror" with lots of guts and blood but basically a low quality movie, while Hallus second album is more psychological terror,

247945[/snapback]

Psychological Terror movies are gay and they have nothing to do with horror! B)

So, you want horror? I'll give you horror:

Tortured Brain-Electroencephalotramme

Anyone, mention Hallucinogen? :D

Psychological Terror movies are gay and they have nothing to do with horror! B)

So, you want horror? I'll give you horror:

Tortured Brain-Electroencephalotramme

Anyone, mention Hallucinogen?  :D

249600[/snapback]

That track is fuckin awesome.

• 3 months later...

xenomorph is normal one of my favorite dark horror trance artists,but the new stuff sound much to noisy for me i think.have some great intros and good stuff inside.i hope the new album will be better than the tracks here->

XENOMORPH VS XENOMORPH-Schzoid transpersonal progressions.

XENOMORPH-Incongruent anatomy.

Xenomorph - A long forgotten realm.

<_<