New "oldschool"

Halosian

Well, I don't really like the word oldschool but since I know that there are many "oldschool" likers here and since I haven't had time for doing music lately I thought I should make a post here telling that I'm currently onto a new track:

http://www.ahlgrendesign.com/halosian_-_highpass_fixer.mp3

Remember this is only a sample, more teasers are available at: http://www.halosian.tk

Best regards,

Kristian

You seriously need to clip some bass frequencies in the leads and effect sounds, it would make the mix far less muddy. Now don't get me wrong, I love that "dirty" style of oldschool trance, but I'm saying this because even to my goa-loving ears, some cleaning up will do your music good. It does sound very "authentic" though!

Other than that it sounds OK, but there appears to be some sort of midi timing issues? It feels a bit glitchy. The high mids could use a boost too.

/Mr Complains-a-lot

at around 1.30 there s a nice synth coming in but but i cant hear it no more.. wait i can

oh no it s gone again ; )

enjoyed this quite a lot, i think that ukiro correctly points out anything ''wrong' !

and yes post bak when it s done :D

good stuff I like it but the quality isn't good and the magic is all gone with goatrance so  ;)

245403[/snapback]

The motherfucker speaks again, Learn to give positive feedbacks and encourage musicians what the fuck do u know about quality poop sucker, u are one of those kids who like sitting in front of the computer coz u ain;t got nothing to do, Big-time loosers , u ain;t got the skills, lamer just shut the fuck up or expect a denial of service anytime!!!!

Hope u understand !!!!

And the rest of the brothers over the forum, kids like these need to be treated these ways !!!

Peace

The motherfucker speaks again, Learn to give positive feedbacks and encourage musicians what the fuck do u know about quality poop sucker, u are one of those kids who like sitting in front of the computer coz u ain;t got nothing to do, Big-time loosers , u ain;t got the skills, lamer just shut the fuck up or expect a denial of service anytime!!!!

Hope u understand !!!!

And the rest of the brothers over the forum, kids like these need to be treated these ways !!!

Peace

245822[/snapback]

giving positive feedback always? he said he likes the stuff, but the quality isnt that good,and he wasnt the only one to say so.

btw feedback is about making tracks better. harsh critics would be the best imho.

i agree that the magic with goatrance is gone... at least partly

any new old school i hear just has a nice beat (not too difficult for someone with a bit of experience eh?) and many melodies/303s . BUT not a story to tell... no originality IMO

personally i dont dig hearing such music. its like most full on for me - i can hear it on the background for half an hour and then turn it off.

not the music i ll hear as loud as possible and try not to dance in my room but sit down.

and its not i ve lost interest in goa or anything. i listen to etnica for example quite often and always dig it - perhaps more and more after 1000000 listening sessions.

nothing wrong with supporting a good effort though.. originality will come at some point again i think!

thank you for the nice vibes dexter! i dont believe theres any reason to get angry and swear -in general (although we re not gods-cant control it every time we get pissed off)

I appreciate all opinions, good and bad although I won't pay too much attention to pure negativeness (not saying anyone was only negative here). I make this music for my own sake in first hand. I wouldn't have spent so much money on equipment if this wasn't the most important reason for me since most people seemes to prefer the modern sound of psychedelic music nowadays. So if someone doesn't like it then that's ok aswell. Constructive criticism is very appreciated and so, yes, I will give the final mixdown some extra attention Ukiro.

I'll get back to you hopefully already next week when the track is finished.

Thanks again.

Hope u understand !!!!

Peace

245822[/snapback]

little girl dexter is still mad... oops... I hurt her feelings :D

Ok, the track is finished and here it is (as promised). This is the first time I give away a complete song so I hope you like it (still only 128k because I'd like to have it released some day). I also bought a new soundcard (my old was 6 years old) so I hope the mixing has improved:

http://www.ahlgrendesign.com/halosian/halo...halosian.tk.mp3

Or download the track here: http://www.halosian.tk

• 3 months later...

First track you posted is pretty good, but it still misses something, but the second one is completely wrong ! It sounds so random and chaotic, but in a bad way chaotic, like Bahamnut said there is something out of sync...like most of the sounds, not only bass line...Sorry for negative review but that's how I hear it...

My suggestion, TRY not to be so 'twisted' as you try to be, you tend to loose yourself so much... ;)

Thanks for your comments. I'm beginning to wondering if it's all about a matter of taste. I will check out the sync a bit more and I know that all sounds aren't 100% mixed properly together but it simply can't be as bad as what you are saying, can it?

I like it pretty much the way it is already. And I like it a lot too.

Well, I'll upload a new version as soon as I have had the time to fix the sync issue.

I'm beginning to wondering if it's all about a matter of taste. I will check out the sync a bit more and I know that all sounds aren't 100% mixed properly together but it simply can't be as bad as what you are saying, can it?

306237[/snapback]

Believe me, it's not about the taste since I ADORE goa and psychedelic trance. I think that I am competent enough in that area since I almost have heard most of old school releases. And I still think that it's not that good...Why ? Not because I don't like your ideas, they are in fact there and quite good but somehow you LOOSE yourself in arrangement, like you don't go back and play your own song when you finish, it sounds random and most melodies aren't connected between themselves...

I am sorry for not 'sharing your taste for your music' but don't get me wrong please... ;)

No problem mate :)

This is not a whole song but a "teaser" maybe this wasn't obvious since the teaser is almost 6 minutes long? If so, I appologize if it caused any misunderstandings. Maybe it explains some of the issues you mention? It's fragments of the complete song so certain parts are completely left out in this snippet.

Hope u understand !!!!

Peace

245822[/snapback]

Lol. If we all give positive review then the authors will become kids - only noticing the good sides of their work...

• 4 weeks later...