Orichalcum and the deviant

clemfeedback

Hi there..

Never too late to discover some good ol'classics...

I recently rediscovered the Orichalcum and the Deviant's album, released on Tip in 1997...and it has reawakened my interest in this kind of stuff !

Anyone could recommend me other releases in this precise goa syle ? If possible, released in the same period...

Thanks!! :P

Hmmm... love that stuff. I think only Koxbox/Psychopod is really close, Orion a distant relation by nationality... the Danes have always had a very excellent style going on.

244910[/snapback]

Thanks in advance.. ;)

I think Orichalcum stuff usually has steadier pace than Koxbox/Psychopod who I'd say are more chaotic..in a good way of course. Both play with you mind just as good and if I'm not mistaken, they collaborated on one track..I think it was "alien homes" song Frank e' co-produced with them.

Orichalcum is very unique. There is nothing else that sounds the same to my ears. However if you like that style, you probably'd be into their Live CD with slightly different versions of those songs, check out their "the egg" track on TIP records' 3D comp if you like breaks. This one was really nicely done. There is also an album of their other project Alienated called FF on Creamcrop records. I'd say it's somewhat similar to Orichalcum style, but not quite the same.

I agree with Basilisk about Koxbox/Psychopod....But if you don't have yet Colours Of Shiva 1,2 and 3 released on TIP, you should check it out...It is filled with such perfect psychedelic classics and they are my favourite comps of old school...;)

BTW, Basilisk, did you mean to say that Orichalcum are Danes too or you were just reffering to Koxbox and Orion cause I understood you meant that Orichalcum are also danes...but I don't think you would make such mistake cause you actually know about trance... ;)

Orichaclum and The Deviant aren't danes, they are french. Serge Souque from Total Eclipse was collaborating with them in The Deviant and Michel Farnault was in both Orichalcum and The Deviant, other two guys might be danes, not sure, Henrik Munch sounds more german to me and Jeffrey Jensen might be danish actually...;)

Henrik Munch could be a normal danish name, dont know about the guy though.

Jeffrey is an english name, but the last name is danish "jensen" - Which means "Son of Jens" :-)

There! :-)

Anyway, some of those guys lived here in Aarhus(denmark) I believe around the time of the release.

Serge also did a few Djing gigs here around those years... And Michel I believed also lived here...

Can you also hear the ties to the parvati sound in that release ? :-) I think, the Orichalcum & The Deviant album is one of the better old releases - and its psychedelic music :-)

as far as i know the Orichalcum guys r danes

:D Danish acts r my favorite aswell... elysium, orion, koxbox/psychopod and orichalcum offcurse... i found theire basslines very good!

do u know any other dannish artists?

246195[/snapback]

Phony Orphants

Emok

SpyvsSpy

Beat Bizarre

Psygone

Colorbox

Bypass Unit

Llopis

Cujurius One

Front Minimâle