are there any PSYTRANCE vinyls?!

vc0n

If I recall correctly, not even hardcore professionals hear the difference between 320 or so mp3 and other medias.

Let me dig up some research on this.

245226[/snapback]

Any such tests I've seen (and I've read a few) have been conducted with very short listening sessions. The human hearing is much better att discerning differences if it can acclimatize first, so listen to MP3s for two hours and then switch to the same music from CD, played through the same system (and obviously a boombox or little computer speakers won't do) - Then I assure you that the difference can't be denied.

When I've ripped vinyl to MP3s, the difference between the raw WAV and the MP3 is very easy to hear. The warmth and dynamics of the sound changes quite a bit, and when you go back and forth it's totally obvious.

A vinyl presentation must be killer, only old stuff... already saw so many masterpieces in vinyl, I saw a 2 cases collection with man, hundreds of them, like manmademan, space tribe, s-range, wizzy noise, ticon, talamasca, cosmosis... yasser's father owns it, pure relics...

even stuff like 1st 1200 mics there he had... killer!

I don't know... my point of view, it's much better for the observer to watch vinyl mixings than cd... ownz a more profund essence I guess... and there are also scratches... long time no hear a scratch on the psy dancefloor unless it's part of the music

cheers cheers said enough

Personally I'm waiting for some psy trance on SACD or DVD-A. I wish I had a Shpongle album in SACD.

I'm curious ukiro, what kind of stereo do you have?

You are right, vinyl is better, but the qualtiy to price ratio is not. CD's offer higher quality at a much cheaper price. Once you reach a certain point, CD's can no longer compete ith vinyl. If everyone had the cash to blow on an expensive system, then we wouldn't be having this debate. But for some people, the quality of a CD on their sony boombox is more then enough to satisfy them. And isn't that what really matters? They are the one's listening so it only matters what sounds best to them.

Personally I'm waiting for some psy trance on SACD or DVD-A. I wish I had a Shpongle album in SACD.

I'm curious ukiro, what kind of stereo do you have?

248578[/snapback]

Suitably, not a very new CD player =) It's an old Onkyo that will be replaced by a Pioneer DV-668 (which has DVD-A and SACD as well as amazingly good CD playback) whenever I can afford it. I have 3 turntables - One Technics 1210, One crappy Reloop DJ turntable and one high-end Thoréns which needs a new tone arm so it's currently not in use. It has a Linn cartridge thats pretty good. I have one dedicated separate phono amp and the two DJ decks connected to a Vestax PMC270A mixer. My amp is a NAD C370 and I've got Focal-JMlab Cobalt 806 speakers on Atakama stands and with the most high-end Supra speaker cables.

Speaking of multi-channel stuff, I think the next Deedrah album will be 5.1 and I believe Son Kite is working with 6 channels too.

Awesome!

I just got a pair of JM Lab Chorus 707s' that I'm going to run off a Carver m0.5t amp and a Parasound pre, unless I can find a nice tube pre for cheap. My multi channel system is Polk Audio Rti70's Csi40 Fxi30's and a B&Wasw300, running off a Marantz receiver. That C370 is some nice gear, I bet you love it :D

I sent an e-mail to Twisted records when they were in the developing stage of the Shpongle album about releasing it in a multichannel format but never got a response, and seeing as how they only list the album as being available on lP and CD. I think it would be a great move for them. They would get all the psy-trance addicts to buy it because its awesome music, and all the stereophiles to buy it because it would sound amazing. Oh well, maybe they didn't want to go through the process of mastering it in 5.1.

I have only one vinyl (Hallucinogen - Angelic Particles EP)... The old good stuff that I like is so hard to get where I live.... But I like vinyls more. They have that sense of professionality really :D And they are cool B)