Tracks that are good...

Insejn

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so damn good... especially the beginning with subtle bass and beats, and a sweet guitar (?) on top.  :)

244097[/snapback]

Whew... glad SOMEONE like it :rolleyes: It is awesome all the way through. But for me, the REAL fun begins when the trance kicks in after a couple of minutes. It is like the Shpongle-mask taking you on a rollercoaster ride through the multiverse, leaving you SERIOUSLY shpongled. I consider it the finest psy-trance epos EVER. Epic, mysterious, wonderful, indescribable. Trance doesn't get any better than this.

To Deathposture (about Deflo - tio mate)... I am a sucker for Deflo. His tracks are among the most ominous, merciless stompers to ever hit the psytrance-scene. True classics from the golden pre-2000 era of Goa-trance. :blink:

I heard Tio Mate on a Digitally Imported mix and was immediately impressed when all hell broke loose after 2-3 minutes. But if you dig that one, you should NOT miss Implacable (a sample can be found on www.saikosounds.com - search for 'deflo'... or call his name three times before he mysteriously appears before you). Believe it or not, it is even harder! THE most evil stomper I have EVER heard (it ranks up there with Hallucinogen - Space Pussy). It hits like a mack truck and conjures images of green-eyed, fiery ghosts in your brain :unsure: .

Truly, this music is pure evil of biblical proportions and should NOT be played without extreme care. As a consequence, most of Deflo's tracks seem to have mysteriously disapeared from all record- or onlineshops... No doubt they have been reclaimed by their dark lords. :ph34r:

Zodiac Youth - "Cartographers Of The Universe"

From the bashed Dragonfly compilation 'Order Odonata 5' from 2000

http://www.discogs.com/release/34821

Again, it's one little thing that makes me really like this track... And that's the voice-sample that is among the best I've ever heard in a psy-track: 'The cartographers of the universe. They're (...). They're star-charged. How far does it go? Does time have an end? My personal theory is that everything is happening all the time. We're just not smart enough to see it, that's all!' ... Very well-crafted sample and very well-fitting for the track!

hey deathposture, I'm pretty sure the sample says "the carthographers of the universe... their maps, their star-charts, how far does it go? " etc

I'm pretty sure it's that german wacko scientist dude Erich von Daniken talking about his theories

I liked the track too, by the way

hey deathposture, I'm pretty sure the sample says "the carthographers of the universe... their maps, their star-charts, how far does it go? " etc

I'm pretty sure it's that german wacko scientist dude Erich von Daniken talking about his theories

I liked the track too, by the way

244765[/snapback]

Cool - thanks a lot, I've been wondering about that for a long time... Will go submit it to psydb now... Gracias! ;o)

DP

I agree about Darshan - The Beast. It is very massive, banging tune...

I have to add :

Hallucinogen - Thugs In Tie - Dye ( it is only released as single, not even on one compilation...confused...)

Battle Of The Future Buddhas - Orebro Freak Factory

Cass & Slide - Diablo

There are more... ;)

Off the top of my head:

Eat Static - City of sin

Shiwa 2000 - Batargah

The Nam Shub Of Enki - Bootylicious plunder

...+many more which my addled brain can`t now recall

No wonder how I didn't know about it when I've only heard about Sun Trip comp vol.1...Huh, and this second phase sounds juicy...Lots of great tracks and some unknown ones...although second part of the second disc looks as a club trance disc...;)

No wonder how I didn't know about it when I've only heard about Sun Trip comp vol.1...Huh, and this second phase sounds juicy...Lots of great tracks and some unknown ones...although second part of the second disc looks as a club trance disc...;)

245802[/snapback]

The last part of CD2 of sun trip 2, 3, 4 are experimental techno. Not very good, either...but these compilations are all worth tracking down, for sure. The fifth one is strictly techno though.

ASTRAL PROJECTION-TRANCE DANCE

hehe.an "ancient track" but still does it for me.i love the way it developes and the main theme is gorgeous with the 2 subthemes.what do u think?

245805[/snapback]

I love it too! B)

and I have to add Battle of the future Buddhas - Domestic bliss, i thought it was a classic but apparently no, I realized a lot of people don't know it, and that's a pity, really !

@DeathPosture:

TOTALLY agreed on Spectral Blue and Shiva Devotional! The melodies in the hard-kick part of shiva d. are pure love :D:D

@Manuser:

Anno domini has to be the most beautiful track ever.. sends shivers down my spine every time!

Etnica - Nice toy

Doesn't really sound like etnica. More like a mix between etnica/pleiadians/cropcircles. Nevertheless an amazing track. Lots of twists and turns and sweet sweet melodies at the end..

Absolum - Biologic

Deep, atmospheric.. it just builds and builds to a point where it doesn't seem to go anywhere..

and then a simple but perfect melody sneaks in. Brilliant!

Power Source - Zahadoom/Hyperspace

Simple, effective, power goa :)

To some the climax melodies might be too "trancey" but you can't deny that these tracks provide one hell of a ride!

..and many more

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, I think that License To Slink was pretty big hit back then, being released on 3-4 comps...

Plus Big Troubles In Outer Space was huge !

I would add :

Etnica - Floating Universe

Etnica - Chemical Trance

Passenger - Reflection

MFG - Welcome To The Edge

Fractal Glider - Karmic Implications

Guest Rain

I just fell in love with the dimension 5 - limitless dimension (gate 3 rxm) what I said not to be in an earlier post....

I like it... very subtile and great goa motivating goa bassline

Well I got into the psyworld pretty late (first psy/goa I listened to was Astral Files and Another World, which I thought was fucked up music for drugged up wankers at that time :lol: ) and I've never seen anyone recommend or talk about it. :huh:

• 8 months later...