[Psytrance]Cybernetika - Shark (192kbps, full)

Hiya,

Long time since I've been here last time ;)

So here's a new track I just finished. It can be categorized as some kind of Full-On Psytrance. A bit more melodic than the usual Psy stuff I make, but still quite driving (147BPM).

Length: 7:46 mins

Bitrate: 192kbps

Filesize: ~ 11MB

Equipment: Fruity Loops 5, ReFX Vanguard, Linplug Albino

Here's the Link:

>>> Download Cybernetika - Shark

Enjoy it, and please give some feedback :)

You are one generous guy Lars. You could sell this stuff, sign up to a record label.

The track in my opinion is flawless. Then again on this PC it's hard to tell, the soundcard is terrible. Every one of your tracks have a great sound to them, I have every single one on my PC.

Keep it up

Of course I want to get signed, but I make music for fun, not for the money, I just want to reach a large audience, thats why I still hesitate.

243989[/snapback]

Getting signed will get you a large audience. Then again, so will good advertising of your website. But then again, advertising costs, bandwidth costs on websites, so as more people listen to your tracks, the more you'll pay. But this also depends on the hosting plan you have.

I would definitely buy an album of yours. Sending around a few demos to small record labels might end up in a record deal that will help pay for the website and other things.

Very nice Cybernetika, you're coming far my friend.

I'm going to give you a critical review if you like, but my honest opinion no less.

Firstly, I really like your synths. They're nice and dirty, you've tweaked them all well and they have good tonal characteristics. I think you're bassline comes in at a strange place though. It sounds to me like you're using AudioRealism Bassline with a bit of distortion on it. A word of advice - although it's a great synth, the distortion (aswell as the one in fruity) is crap and should rarely be touched. So if I'm right ;) then maybe reduce the distrotion a bit. It does sound fine once other sounds come into play but when you hear only the kick and bassline it stands out a bit.Going on, I find the song flows nicely, lots of psychadelic elements to keep the mind entertained. I like the sort of 'break-beat' you've thrown in, I think it does justice.

Alltogether a good track. Well done. I feel bad saying this but I'm kind of left feeling like there's something missing from this song. It fails to grab me. This is the problem most musicians have because it can be very difficult to find that one element that will make your track sound powerful and overwhelming to the audience. Think about it next time you make a song. Think about something that will make people succumb to the power of trance and will make them listen to it in close detail instead of as background music.

That's all I have to say. On the whole, I'd say you have good prospects ahead of you. I think you should invest in a good piece of hardware that'll help take you to the next level myself (even if you're getting really good sound from your VSTs).

Goodluck with your next track, keep us posted ;)

Shaft: Got the point. I think I'll try to get one of my tracks on a comp so I just get a little money to buy more webspace so that I can offer even more tracks ;) .. even though there are some people that told me they'd pay for a cd of mine I still want to spread my music mostly for free...

Subsonik: Thanks a lot for the detailed review, I really appreciate it :)

The distortion appearing there is actually the result of heavy compression. I dont know how it could appear there, all of a sudden I had that effect so I thought it were my speakers fucking up the sound ;)

Interesting to see most people reviewing this track say they miss some kind of another layer. I'll see what I can do :)

i actualy really good...

exactly how i like my psy...

i think it s well dosed... no need for another layer in my opinion

great job... and i also think u should sell this stuff man... u have a great opportunity here.

hi!

Sound quality is very good, very close of pro...

I can listen it without get borred, so i think its good... :lol:

kick and bass are B) , very nice

you said:

Equipment: Fruity Loops 5, ReFX Vanguard, Linplug Albino

No more vsti?

Can you tell me what fx you use ( especially equ and dynamic one), and how you have done mastering ?

arf one more question, you make the kick from sractch? Or you take a sample ?

Sorry for those boring questions :unsure:

well, good job, you know how making trance.....

bye

No prob, thanks for your feedback :)

Well, I usually take samples and combine them with each other. For example, if I like the high frequencies of one kick and the low bass of another, I layer them so that one contributes the high frequencies and one the lower. Sometimes I use the "pogo" function in Fruity Loops. But the key to this are of course good samples, and theyre very hard to find, I admit.

Here's a psy kick very similar to the one I used in this track: http://www.cybernetika.de/psy_kick.wav

Well, and for the EQ I usually use Fruity Loops integrated Parametric EQ, nothing special here. Probably the best compressor is the Waves RComp, it simply sound best, its part of the Waves Bundle, these are absolutely professional tools... But I personally use the Anwida Soft CX1V as compressor, look here: http://www.anwida.com/cx1v.asp .. works very well too.

As gate I use the mgTriggerGate (http://www.mgaudio.de/modules/main.php?content=products&lang=eng) ... its freeware.

Delay and reverb are all made with the Fruity Loops integrated Plugins, or with the mda FX-Plugins, useful little helpers (here: http://mda.smartelectronix.com/)

Well thats it I think, thanks for your feedback :)